Touring Delivery Tracker [Archive]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think "lies and deceit" is putting it a bit harshly. I tend to attribute the poor communication to inexperience rather than malice; Lucid has no reason to actively lie to or deceive their customers. It doesn't help their cause. However, to say that they are reacting in real-time to 'news on the ground' and have planned poorly is completely accurate. Disappointing? Sure. "Lying and deceiving"? Unlikely, at least not intentionally.

I would agree with you if it were someone like a Sales Advisor denying delays or campaigns, however, when Delivery Advisors deny delays solely to appease the customer rather than admitting something for what it is - I classify that as deceit or a lie. I would think if we knew about a delay, they know about a delay, and it’s naive to think otherwise. Once it gets to this point, it’s beyond bad communication.

My SA not knowing about the Touring delay is not what I am referring to as intention to lie or deceit.

Edit: Telling people there is no delay (when there is) is the very definition of helping their cause. Keeping people strung along saying “very soon” when they have the build schedule and can see that “very soon” is two months away is being deceitful and used to keep people from cancelling. Just today I was offered a cancelled GT to prevent me from cancelling.

I didn’t mean for that to be as hostile as one might read it. I apologize I am just a little disheartened by the news after such a positive sounding earnings call about their ability to produce their projection.

Good news, just spoke to Lucid here is a transcript:
Q4 date on the website will be correct for new reservations placed. Previous reservation holders such as yourself should still have a Q3 production timeline which is good news. There is no information on when in Q3 the Touring will go into production so we can’t get any more specific than Q3 unfortunately.

@rbbarry

Good news, just spoke to Lucid here is a transcript:

@rbbarry
See, this is what I mean - my default assumption in situations like these *isn't* that SAs or DAs are lying, but that they are working with outdated information or a lack of information at all - there are clearly internal communication issues, and that is what I tend to attribute this to. Nobody I have spoken to has given me the feeling that they would intentionally lie to the customer to 'sell them the car'

Either way: I'm glad for the good news!

So, do we know if there has actually been a "production pause" tied to more robust final inspections, etc? If true, one would think mgt saw it coming when they stuck by their May 5 repeat of 12-14,000 units this calendar year .

If they close out May having delivered 2000 YTD (my plug #) that's 400/month. They would have to ramp the remaining 7 months to average >1400/mo. to achieve guidance.

The last thing these guys need is to revise downward again in Aug....

If they're right the good(?) new is I get my Touring in the middle of Chicago winter

So, do we know if there has actually been a "production pause" tied to more robust final inspections, etc? If true, one would think mgt saw it coming when they stuck by their May 5 repeat of 12-14,000 units this calendar year .

If they close out May having delivered 2000 YTD (my plug #) that's 400/month. They would have to ramp the remaining 7 months to average >1400/mo. to achieve guidance.

If they're right the good(?) new is I get my Touring in the middle of Chicago winter
You can take this for what it’s worth. My VIN was assigned on April 26 and it is still in production at the factory. Is there a pause? My DA won’t say anything, but in April, the cars were leaving the factory in less than 10 days. Production, if not paused, is in turtle mode, perhaps even snail mode.

Here's a little update. My SA is saying my car will be in production in Q3 not just Touring to start. And my car was reserved January 2021.

Advice would be to take this with a grain of salt.

Here's a little update. My SA is saying my car will be in production in Q3 not just Touring to start. And my car was reserved January 2021.

Advice would be to take this with a grain of salt.
Totally selfish: 1) Lucid needs to get a LOT more right before I write a six-fig check. 2) I'm still enthusiastic to own it IF it works, 3) Zero urgency for me. 4) Zero "cult" effect...no CoolAid on my part...it looks/drives great, but so do/will many others (eg if they could put lipstick on the BMW iX I would own it now )

Edit: Telling people there is no delay (when there is) is the very definition of helping their cause. Keeping people strung along saying “very soon” when they have the build schedule and can see that “very soon” is two months away is being deceitful and used to keep people from cancelling. Just today I was offered a cancelled GT to prevent me from cancelling.
Without getting too specific, I've worked for large organizations with many moving parts in a "customer facing" role for some time, where the stakes are far higher than a luxury car. Poor communication within the organization is very, very common, and to the customer who is not kept apprised of what is happening, it can appear malicious. When in fact it's just that each silo has no particular incentive to be transparent - and perhaps a disincentive because increased transparency generates more questions from other silos which take effort to deal with.

This is what I think is is happening at Lucid. Someone else here (don't remember who) put it well when they said nobody here is riding the bus because they don't have their Lucid. If my 100k+ purchase is delayed a few months, fine. Perhaps the market will look better when it comes time to write that check.

My SA doubled down saying anyone who reserved before the website change should expect a Q3 production date.
I so want to believe this right now.

My SA doubled down saying anyone who reserved before the website change should expect a Q3 production date.
So the Pure also says Q4. Does that mean anyone reserving a Pure today can expect a Q4 delivery? NOT.

So the Pure also says Q4. Does that mean anyone reserving a Pure today can expect a Q4 delivery? NOT.
Big difference between production date and delivery, as I’m sure you know all too well. I’m thinking this person is likely going to be proven wrong, but the one thing that gives me hope is that there might not be that many Touring preorders. Feels like people with the money would go GT, and the vast majority of the rest of the orders are very likely Pure. Touring is sort of this odd ball in the middle. Perfect for my needs, but maybe not so popular?

There are only 15 people ahead of me on our tracker here who didn’t order Grey or Silver. And my order date was early February this year.

Figure on a good number of those not wanting a glass roof, Dolby Atmos, or Dream Drive. Should bump me up a few more slots.

I don’t want 20-inch wheels, so I’m good there.

So I like my chances for at least a VIN by January. Maybe delivery in Feb or March?

Whatever production issue caused this current backup of cars has to be resolved in the next batch coming off the line. So the inspections will clear the backlog eventually.

And at some point, they’re going to want to switch over to Touring, anyway. Even if all GTs aren’t done yet. Because the optics of not getting any Tourings or Pure out the door this year might be worse than the hit to the bottom line on cheaper average sales price.

But who knows? Any number of disasters could happen between now and then.

Big difference between production date and delivery, as I’m sure you know all too well. I’m thinking this person is likely going to be proven wrong, but the one thing that gives me hope is that there might not be that many Touring preorders. Feels like people with the money would go GT, and the vast majority of the rest of the orders are very likely Pure. Touring is sort of this odd ball in the middle. Perfect for my needs, but maybe not so popular?

There are only 15 people ahead of me on our tracker here who didn’t order Grey or Silver. And my order date was early February this year.

Figure on a good number of those not wanting a glass roof, Dolby Atmos, or Dream Drive. Should bump me up a few more slots.

I don’t want 20-inch wheels, so I’m good there.

So I like my chances for at least a VIN by January. Maybe delivery in Feb or March?

Whatever production issue caused this current backup of cars has to be resolved in the next batch coming off the line. So the inspections will clear the backlog eventually.

And at some point, they’re going to want to switch over to Touring, anyway. Even if all GTs aren’t done yet. Because the optics of not getting any Tourings or Pure out the door this year might be worse than the hit to the bottom line on cheaper average sales price.

But who knows? Any number of disasters could happen between now and then.
As a genuine fan of overthinking and mental gymnastics, I love this post! :)

Unfortunately 2,000 YTD at end of May might be a little out of reach. Q1 was 360 and April 300 So that would require 1,340 in May. I think (+ hope) they could definitely be producing at that rate but from accounts on this forum there seems to large delays from production to delivery.

I really want to believe his optimism but I do not.
I can’t see that happening. Preorders are 30,000 as of late April. Delivery guidance for this year is 12,000-14,000. On what planet could ordering the Pure (lowest and least lucrative spec for Lucid) possibly result in a Q4 delivery? I reserved months ago and know there is no way am I getting a Pure this year. Seems like the website “Q4” might just going to result in future annoyed reservation holders.

I can’t see that happening. Preorders are 30,000 as of late April. Delivery guidance for this year is 12,000-14,000. On what planet could ordering the Pure (lowest and least lucrative spec for Lucid) possibly result in a Q4 delivery? I reserved months ago and know there is no way am I getting a Pure this year. Seems like the website “Q4” might just going to result in future annoyed reservation holders.

I think they were just referring to Touring. My guess is that Touring is the least ordered trim.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back