Touring Delivery Tracker [Archive]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I checked the Lucid "design yours" page today and Touring is now showing as Q4 2022. I felt sure it used to say Q3 2022.

Personally my ideal is a Touring without Dream Drive Pro and Surreal Sound, so even though I have a fairly early reservation I'm thinking I may be lucky to get a vehicle this year.

It 100% did and they pushed it back without telling anyone. This is pushing me very close to cancelling.

It 100% did and they pushed it back without telling anyone. This is pushing me very close to cancelling.
Why cancel? Just hang on to the reservation until you are asked to confirm…if no alternative car is concrete at that point then it makes sense to cancel.

I would look at other options if you have them and make reservations on them. When it comes time to confirm many months from now, you can see what the lay of the land looks like.

Why cancel? Just hang on to the reservation until you are asked to confirm…if no alternative car is concrete at that point then it makes sense to cancel.
I don’t feel great about spending so much money on a company that lies and deceives it’s customers as much as Lucid. Between the aggressive DAs denying things we already knew exist (delays, recalls, campaigns) to changing delivery dates on their website without notice. It seems like Lucid is doing everything they can to prevent their stock from plummeting more than it has ($58 to now).

Outside of customer service, the car is the only thing keeping me invested and keeping my reservation in tact.

I don’t feel great about spending so much money on a company that lies and deceives it’s customers as much as Lucid. Between the aggressive DAs denying things we already knew exist (delays, recalls, campaigns) to changing delivery dates on their website without notice. It seems like Lucid is doing everything they can to prevent their stock from plummeting more than it has ($58 to now).
My quandary is that I am frustrated about the lack of communication and endless delays, but my need is to replace an ICE for trips so I have been waiting for a car with a 500mile/1000km range. Lucid is the only car that currently fits that requirement. If I had another option, I would cancel in a heartbeat (and no, Aptera is not a viable option, although I have looked at them).

That just sucks - I am sorry. I doubt any of you are surprised. I do wonder if this means those who ordered previously when it said Q3, will get it in Q4 - but I highly doubt it... :(

I do also wonder if there was a bigger lift in GT orders that pushed back T orders.

Either way, it sucks. :(

That just sucks - I am sorry. I doubt any of you are surprised. I do wonder if this means those who ordered previously when it said Q3, will get it in Q4 - but I highly doubt it... :(

I do also wonder if there was a bigger lift in GT orders that pushed back T orders.

Either way, it sucks. :(
It is the lack of a ramp up which is delaying the T orders. Factory delays from QC issues have essentially put a halt in current GT deliveries. They are still processing GT orders confirmed in November, let alone December, January, February, etc. confirmations. Until they work through this backlog, they cannot even confirm the earliest Touring. Once confirmed, it is another quarter for delivery. So any T confirmed today will NOT be delivered until Q4 at the earliest.

I checked the Lucid "design yours" page today and Touring is now showing as Q4 2022. I felt sure it used to say Q3 2022.

Personally my ideal is a Touring without Dream Drive Pro and Surreal Sound, so even though I have a fairly early reservation I'm thinking I may be lucky to get a vehicle this year.
Oh well, I guess my November ‘21 reservation will arrive sometime in ‘23 😫

Suffice to say I am extremely disappointed. I am half tempted to just buy a marked up Rivian from a dealer.

Suffice to say I am extremely disappointed. I am half tempted to just buy a marked up Rivian from a dealer.
I'm not sure Rivian is any better in this regard...lol might as well buy a marked up Lucid!

I agree it's frustrating. Like a few others I've considered jumping up to GT to get the car sooner, but I just don't need to spend another $40k.

I think it has been obvious for a while it was taking Lucid longer than they had hoped to get production rates up, but I am also sympathetic to their plight as I work in a mature company in a relatively stable business and we have had our own challenges recently.

But for me I still don't see a vehicle more compelling than the Air. Closest contender for me is the iX but they did a number on the styling of that thing. Never been a fan of Tesla's minimalist vibe, Rivian doesn't seem big enough inside, and the EQS just seems compromised in all the wrong places vs the Air (rear space, storage, range, styling).

It was always going to be likely that a brand new company would not be able to hit their early production targets, but personally I don't have a pressing need (other than the desire to get it) and until I get to the point that I'm worried about the longevity of Lucid as a company (which I don't worry about, yet) I'm just going to stick it out and keep my fingers crossed.

Having read some of the reviews of the GT on here, I am sure when my car does arrive, the period of frustration will quickly fade into a distant memory. Plus, on the bright side, it gives them a bit longer to figure out a few more of the kinks so I can hopefully spend less time in service centers.

Screen Shot 2022-05-23 at 12.41.45 PM.png

Lucid still telling studios that Touring is Q3 despite saying Q4 on the website.

View attachment 2301

Lucid still telling studios that Touring is Q3 despite saying Q4 on the website.
Maybe the Q4 on the web site is more to slightly better set expectations for anyone ordering now?

I mean, if you put in your reservation today, you DEFINITELY won’t get it until next year. So saying Q3 feels disingenuous. Frankly, Q4 is probably disingenuous, too, but it’s a happy medium between Q3 (totally unrealistic for a buyer just reserving today) and Q1 2023.

So maybe for a lucky few people who were the earliest reservations they still expect to start in Q3? And maybe even deliver by EOY?

It’s really hard to know, given we have no idea how many AGTs they still have to get through. I still think they can absolutely get the first handful of Touring orders out by EOY.

Maybe the Q4 on the web site is more to slightly better set expectations for anyone ordering now?
The thing is, the site just shows when it will first be available. Like you can order a GT now and there is no date, but you won't get it for 5 months or so if you order today.

The thing is, the site just shows when it will first be available. Like you can order a GT now and there is no date, but you won't get it for 5 months or so if you order today.
Yeah, I don't know what to make of it, really. The non-glass roof and simpler sound system also still say Q4. Does that mean they will be an option on the first Touring that come off the line, or will that still delay your order? Who knows at this point.

A lot of similar stuff going on at Rivian---NB they still have $16B in cash

Outside of customer service, the car is the only thing keeping me invested and keeping my reservation in tact.
I think "lies and deceit" is putting it a bit harshly. I tend to attribute the poor communication to inexperience rather than malice; Lucid has no reason to actively lie to or deceive their customers. It doesn't help their cause. However, to say that they are reacting in real-time to 'news on the ground' and have planned poorly is completely accurate. Disappointing? Sure. "Lying and deceiving"? Unlikely, at least not intentionally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back