Touring Delivery Tracker [Archive]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just me, but if I buy this car it will be for two reasons: 1) Design (int and ext), and driving characteristics. The latter is of more importance and I therefor see no reason to pay $9k extra so that a computer can drive it for me
I thought the Lucid would have crap visibility because of the low profile, but actually the side mirrors are excellent for seeing all around you and the blind spot camera is just a bonus, not necessary to prevent an accident. The wide aperture of the rear window helps offset the narrow height somewhat, although direct rear visibility isn’t the best. I will however say I HUGELY appreciate the overhead 3D camera and front/rear distance cameras as it’s very tough to tell how close you are to curbs because you can’t really see the end of the hood very well. I probably would have clipped a few curbs and scratched the rims already without it, and I have a tight garage so I’m really glad I got the DD Pro. I don’t care about self driving either, ACC and highway assist would be enough for me just in case I’m super tired.

I wonder if the lidar installation makes any of the existing Dream Drive ADAS functions more precise, such as cross traffic protection, emergency braking, lane departure protection, etc.
As it currently is, the cross traffic protection is alternatingly excellent or terrible. It’s too sensitive and violently auto-brakes when I’m backing out of my own driveway when another car is letting me back out, but it has also saved me from an almost certain front collision from a car that turned into my path just as I was about to make a right turn and didn’t see at all. The biggest mistake they made with it is not yet giving you sensitivity adjustment for automatic braking for the cross traffic, or even giving you the ability to have it be warning without intervention. I’ve disabled this feature until they do update it with that option, it’s too problematic at the moment. They tend to release larger rather than piecemeal updates so I expect it might not come for awhile until they’ve released a big DD Pro update.

As it currently is, the cross traffic protection is alternatingly excellent or terrible. It’s too sensitive and violently auto-brakes when I’m backing out of my own driveway when another car is letting me back out, but it has also saved me from an almost certain front collision from a car that turned into my path just as I was about to make a right turn and didn’t see at all. The biggest mistake they made with it is not yet giving you sensitivity adjustment for automatic braking for the cross traffic, or even giving you the ability to have it be warning without intervention. I’ve disabled this feature until they do update it with that option, it’s too problematic at the moment. They tend to release larger rather than piecemeal updates so I expect it might not come for awhile until they’ve released a big DD Pro update.
interesting, thanks for the insight. might be too soon for us to tell if the lidar installation cranked up the sensitivity level to 100% until we get the touring without DDP upgrade. but this is the type of stuff im looking for, to see if the lidar "improves" ADAS accuracy and such

Grand Touring, correct? (I only ask because this is the Touring tracker)
Yes its Lucid Air Grant Touring,

Lucid Air Grand Touring​

April 20, 2022 / 7:25 PM
Quantum Grey, Santa Cruz Interior, 19” Aero Range Wheels

interesting, thanks for the insight. might be too soon for us to tell if the lidar installation cranked up the sensitivity level to 100% until we get the touring without DDP upgrade. but this is the type of stuff im looking for, to see if the lidar "improves" ADAS accuracy and such
Based on the Lidars location (a small forward facing unit behind the front grille) I am not sure it would be used for cross traffic detection.

I believe it is unlikely the features available to non-DDP will be enhanced by the LiDAR or used at all for the features.

I received a call from one of the SAs at the Short Hills, NJ location that they are now "allowed" to do test drives for those with Touring reservations. I went to the studio on June 3rd and was told by the SA that I couldn't take a test drive because they had not started production of the Touring trim and therefore were not allowed to give those potential customers a test drive, which seemed weird to me, but I went with it. They allowed me to sit in a GT and introduced the whole vehicle to me minus actually moving out of the parking spot. Anyway, I hope this is good news for us Touring folks.

On a side note, reading the forums over in the software section, maybe having to wait a little longer isn't the worst thing in the world.

I received a call from one of the SAs at the Short Hills, NJ location that they are now "allowed" to do test drives for those with Touring reservations. I went to the studio on June 3rd and was told by the SA that I couldn't take a test drive because they had not started production of the Touring trim and therefore were not allowed to give those potential customers a test drive, which seemed weird to me, but I went with it. They allowed me to sit in a GT and introduced the whole vehicle to me minus actually moving out of the parking spot. Anyway, I hope this is good news for us Touring folks.

On a side note, reading the forums over in the software section, maybe having to wait a little longer isn't the worst thing in the world.
I am scheduled for my test drive on Friday. Was told the same thing by a SA when they announced the grand opening of the studio here near Denver. I told her I couldn't make the grand opening, and she told me test drives were starting July 1st for Touring reservations, if I wanted to schedule one.

I'm still fairly convinced their plan is to start Touring confirmations in the first few weeks of July. With actual production starting shortly thereafter. So the earliest folks may still get their Touring orders by December.

It certainly would make sense for Lucid to be able to say they are "now producing" Touring orders at the end of the year, at least. Even if the first deliveries end up being January.

Iand she told me test drives were starting July 1st for Touring reservations, if I wanted to schedule one.
I have actually 2 reservations dating back to March. Since these are for the lower tiers, when I asked for test drives in April, was told to wait until the order is confirmed.
I feel like it’s a privilege to be granted an opportunity to test drive and see if I want to spend $100k or more, which is not the business model that I would have for my company. But I’m not Lucid‘s CEO, so my opinion is really irrelevant.

I have actually 2 reservations dating back to March. Since these are for the lower tiers, when I asked for test drives in April, was told to wait until the order is confirmed.
I feel like it’s a privilege to be granted an opportunity to test drive and see if I want to spend $100k or more, which is not the business model that I would have for my company. But I’m not Lucid‘s CEO, so my opinion is really irrelevant.
I honestly think it was a matter of simply not having enough test drive cars on hand in various states to accommodate Touring and Pure test drives. Not to mention, no Touring or Pure trim cars existed at that time.

Back in April, they were barely getting started delivering GTs to customers.

Now, with production "back on track" as far as we can tell, they seem to be producing more cars specifically to be used as test drive vehicles. My guess is once those are spread around to the various studios, test drives will be cleared for any reservation holder.

I am very curious whether they will have the various trim levels on hand to test drive, as well. As of now, every test drive report I've seen was in a GT. I will report on Friday whether or not my test drive car was a GT or an actual Touring.

I did a test drive last week at Short Hills, NJ. I have a touring reserved and called them out of the blue on Monday. They were able to give me driving slots for Thursday/Friday for the same week.

Overall a pleasant experience and the advisor took me through all features of the car and let me drive on a predetermined route. (They accompany you in the car).

They only had GTs to test drive.

I honestly think it was a matter of simply not having enough test drive cars on hand in various states to accommodate Touring and Pure test drives. Not to mention, no Touring or Pure trim cars existed at that time.

Back in April, they were barely getting started delivering GTs to customers.

Now, with production "back on track" as far as we can tell, they seem to be producing more cars specifically to be used as test drive vehicles. My guess is once those are spread around to the various studios, test drives will be cleared for any reservation holder.

I am very curious whether they will have the various trim levels on hand to test drive, as well. As of now, every test drive report I've seen was in a GT. I will report on Friday whether or not my test drive car was a GT or an actual Touring.
Yep as we've seen in some of the flyovers with White solid roof vehicles most definitely for studios/test drives/testing/SA?

Has anyone confirmed with other studios that Tourings can test drive now?

Has anyone confirmed with other studios that Tourings can test drive now?
@mnewber1 Are you asking if Touring reservation holders can schedule test drives or if they are using Touring models for test drives? Last I heard from the Short Hills studio, they only had GTs available for test drive even if you are a Touring res holder.

Sorry - I meant other studios allowing Touring reservation holders to test drive the test drive vehicles. Last I talked to Oak Brook was they aren’t allowed to allow Touring reservation holders to test drive until Tourings were in production. But if Short Hills allows it, things may have changed.

Sorry - I meant other studios allowing Touring reservation holders to test drive the test drive vehicles. Last I talked to Oak Brook was they aren’t allowed to allow Touring reservation holders to test drive until Tourings were in production. But if Short Hills allows it, things may have changed.
it's probably dependent on your location. i originally had a GT reservation. my first test drive was just a walk up to Millbrae. they didn't even ask if I had a reservation when i asked for one. my 2nd one at century city was my originally scheduled one, so nothing special there. i made a reservation for a 3rd test drive at valley fair while i had my GT reservation for fathers day to have him try it out. however, before 5/31, i cancelled my GT reservation and put in a pure reservation to lock in the old pricing. they still allowed me to do my original test drive on fathers day.

i know that's not exactly the same as those that started out with touring or pure reservations who want a test drive, but it does seem like there is some wiggle room, dependent on their schedule and car availabilities.

Short Hills allows it. I called and told them I have a Touring reservation. The person I spoke to initially said demo drives were restricted to GT reservation holders but she checked with her manager, called me back immediately, and now I’m scheduled. She said their test car is a GT.

Interestingly, she said the GT includes thigh supports that are not on Touring. Was this previously known?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back