"Top Gear" lays it all out . . .

Interesting.. this is the first actual confirmation that the mid-size car will be a crossover, not a sedan. Can’t say I’m happy about it (really wanted it to be a sedan so that it could be my first car), but it will likely be better for the company in terms of money and reach. Considering all the people rooting for lucid, I foresee the Musk-backed FUD will soon fade out of sight. Also, my theory about Lucid aiming for Porsche happened to be correct! (@joec should also like this)
Back at home, deep within its Californian base, work is underway on a third model: a circa £45k Tesla Model Y challenging SUV. How’s your nerve?

It also confirms the Gravity’s aircraft inspiration, and most crucially to me, that Lucid tests its vehicles on the Nurburgring. Strange how it has not been spotted yet…

The rest of the article motivates me as much as the savage geese video did, with the stories behind its tuning and the companies focus (they bought another brands car just because they like it.. Lucid has TRUE car enthusiasts working for them). It’s a simply stunning company, and losing them would rank among the worst tragedies in the history of automobiles.

Last edited:
1712328881810.png

Last edited:
Excellent article. Insightful and honest assessment of the facts as historically played out. Underscore Peter Rawlinson’s passion and learned experience. He is the real deal. This is why I am an enthusiastic early adopter of the Lucid Air.

As the article surmised about what makes Lucid Motors different from all other car companies, it is the intelligence, integrity, and principles of the people behind the company that sets them apart. Word.

That's a relief. I thought the writer was English = suspect (they have a way with the use of their language).

Insightful article from an insightful CEO. I agree about the opportunities a clean-sheet, fully optimized design delivers. Most legacy carmakers will not fully compete in EV’s until their current executives retire.

Most legacy carmakers will not fully compete in EV’s until their current executives retire.
Unfortunately...not always true. Remember Beta vs. VHS? There can be something said for comfort for many people. This thread is full of reasons why the Lucid is better than electrified alternatives but companies that offer the "electrified" route have advantages as well. I think new EV companies should try to emulate traditional car companies when it comes to reasonable feature functions. For example, don't rethink the turn signal...leave it as a lever on the left; have a speed gauge on a display in front of the driver; have seat controls on the side of the front seats; etc. Use the creativity that being new permits for things like suspension, range, battery life, etc. At least for luxury vehicles (IMO "minimalism" is a front by some car companies to justify cheaping out by eliminating buttons and switches and then calling it a design decision).

Unfortunately...not always true. Remember Beta vs. VHS?
Lucky for us this reference doesn't actually fit the case of Lucid. That was a case where one standard was going to win, because nobody wants to buy two machines to play movies, and no company really wants to sell two different physical media for every movie they make. Lucid is not a standard. Nobody has to buy a Lucid and a BMW because each one can only drive to different places. No company has to make their accessory products or whatever for both Lucid and BMW if they want to sell. It's a choice, and not one that needs to converge.

@ButMahElectrons, I see you're new to the forum. I don't quite know why, but your forum name has left me in stitches. Great choice.
Hah, thanks!
I AM new here, since mid March, got a late model '23 Air Pure.
It's been ....a dream, haha.
The honeymoon is kinda sunsetting. We're learning about the the little nagging things now, like the flakiness of the key fobs and keyless approach.
The driver profiles are flakey also and don't always sense the correct driver.
Lane departure is pretty useless.
Otherwise, the car is very well built, drives wonderfully, holds a LOT of stuff, and puts a smile on your face with spirited driving.

Cheers!

Hah, thanks!
I AM new here, since mid March, got a late model '23 Air Pure.
It's been ....a dream, haha.
The honeymoon is kinda sunsetting. We're learning about the the little nagging things now, like the flakiness of the key fobs and keyless approach.
The driver profiles are flakey also and don't always sense the correct driver.
Lane departure is pretty useless.
Otherwise, the car is very well built, drives wonderfully, holds a LOT of stuff, and puts a smile on your face with spirited driving.

Cheers
I find lane departure works exactly as expected. What are you seeing?

I find lane departure works exactly as expected. What are you seeing?

Interesting.. this is the first actual confirmation that the mid-size car will be a crossover, not a sedan. Can’t say I’m happy about it (really wanted it to be a sedan so that it could be my first car), but it will likely be better for the company in terms of money and reach. Considering all the people rooting for lucid, I foresee the Musk-backed FUD will soon fade out of sight. Also, my theory about Lucid aiming for Porsche happened to be correct! (@joec should also like this)

It also confirms the Gravity’s aircraft inspiration, and most crucially to me, that Lucid tests its vehicles on the Nurburgring. Strange how it has not been spotted yet…

The rest of the article motivates me as much as the savage geese video did, with the stories behind its tuning and the companies focus (they bought another brands car just because they like it.. Lucid has TRUE car enthusiasts working for them). It’s a simply stunning company, and losing them would rank among the worst tragedies in the history of automobiles.
“I’m wedded to Lucid. This is the culmination of everything I’ve worked for.”

Love reading Peter’s words!!!!!

Back