Tire pressure info on the app

24LAPS

Verified Owner
Reaction score
Cars
2024 Lucid Air Pure
Is this supposed to show the tire pressure?
IMG_6859.webp

Yes, it starts when you drive above 20 mph and stays active as long as you are driving above that speed. It reverts to this state a few minutes after you park the car.

Yes, it starts when you drive above 20 mph and stays active as long as you are driving above that speed. It reverts to this state a few minutes after you park the car.
This is normal for most cars; therefore, you must look to see your air pressure while actively operating the vehicle. The good news, it will give you a warning in abnormal conditions, i.e. tire pressure is low.

I think 24laps’ question is why the psi doesn’t display on the app. It does in the pilot panel (eventually). Ideally the app should show the same, but at minimum the app should at least show the last known psi. It shows neither.
We all know the app is very slow to wake up. But once it does, all the functionality should be available - including psi.
Any ideas? Thank you.

I think 24laps’ question is why the psi doesn’t display on the app. It does in the pilot panel (eventually). Ideally the app should show the same, but at minimum the app should at least show the last known psi. It shows neither.
We all know the app is very slow to wake up. But once it does, all the functionality should be available - including psi.
Any ideas? Thank you.
The app will update when the vehicle updates. It will have only display last known pressure for about 20 min after a drive and then that's it.

The app will update when the vehicle updates. It will have only display last known pressure for about 20 min after a drive and then that's it.
What's the justification for only showing it for 20min? All of the ICE vehicles I've owned that show PSI in an app show the last registered pressure all the time? I get that pressure can change, but simply putting a "last updated:" would solve that. Is there another reason?

What's the justification for only showing it for 20min? All of the ICE vehicles I've owned that show PSI in an app show the last registered pressure all the time? I get that pressure can change, but simply putting a "last updated:" would solve that. Is there another reason?

Tire pressure can rise by as much as 6 pounds when driving at speed in hot weather (at least on the Pirelli 21" tires). I'm not sure displaying such an elevated pressure hours after the car is parked would have any meaning. If I'm concerned enough about tire pressure to be trying to check it on the app, I'm going to want to know the actual cold tire pressure, not what it was hours earlier immediately after driving. And, since the sensors don't transmit pressure data when not moving, the app can't be programmed to tell me that.

Thank you all. I’m still learning the nuances and finding out what’s normal and not. I would love this particular one to display realtime telemetry that would tell me if I should go to the air station, or even start driving. Is there a wishlist in the forum?

Thank you all. I’m still learning the nuances and finding out what’s normal and not. I would love this particular one to display realtime telemetry that would tell me if I should go to the air station, or even start driving. Is there a wishlist in the forum?
The problem is TPMS sensors - all of them, to my knowledge - go to sleep when not moving. There is no realtime telemetry to display. There's just no way to check that without a gauge, or without driving a little bit.

Yeah I would prefer the app to do this (my other car apps do the same).
I totally see that point of view. But my take is that potentially incorrect information is worse than no information.

If someone comes along while you are parked and lets out half the pressure on one of your tires, you could check the app before you get to the car, see that your pressure is "good" on all four tires, and drive off without a care.

Knowing that the app can't give me that false sense of security, I tend to at least visually check all four tires before I get into the car.

Since the psi cannot be displayed in realtime due to the TPMS sensors’ limitation, then I believe it becomes a redundant feature when it is only useful while in the car driving. I tend to think that the app real estate is better used to display the car’s various SOH items that can be had in real time(e.g. temperature of the car’s interior, battery temperature, etc., and maintenance schedule.

Back