Pirelli Tire Issue & Warranty Megathread

Having the same issue with my Air GT. Both front tires have bubbles. Replaced the front driver because it was terrible, and now another bubble on the new tire. Waiting to hear back from my Lucid Service Center Rep who I connected with Pirelli via email. I have hit a total of zero potholes. These tires are terrible. There should be a recall. Even if just counting the number of complaints on this little forum, we are probably looking at at least a 1 % failure rate which is just too high for such an expensive tire. I'm happy to start a petition to have LUCID come up with a better solution. Paying 150-170k for a car and having poor wheel/ tire longevity is not compatible, specifically when it's a "Touring" sedan without a spare. What does the hive mind think?

EDIT: Below is a google forms link that I started. Please fill it out then I can send the data to LUCID headquarters to see what they think about this. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1MAreRJon3ZTF0VZdVkohjhYRDCZaePfIeFRLk0Xibvs/edit?usp=sharing

Last edited:
When I registered on the Pirelli site, it stated that registration is so they can inform you of any future recall. Not sure it is a warranty registration. But you should do it anyway.

Having the same issue with my Air GT. Both front tires have bubbles. Replaced the front driver because it was terrible, and now another bubble on the new tire. Waiting to hear back from my Lucid Service Center Rep who I connected with Pirelli via email. I have hit a total of zero potholes. These tires are terrible. There should be a recall. Even if just counting the number of complaints on this little forum, we are probably looking at at least a 1 % failure rate which is just too high for such an expensive tire. I'm happy to start a petition to have LUCID come up with a better solution. Paying 150-170k for a car and having poor wheel/ tire longevity is not compatible, specifically when it's a "Touring" sedan without a spare. What does the hive mind think?

EDIT: Below is a google forms link that I started. Please fill it out then I can send the data to LUCID headquarters to see what they think about this. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1MAreRJon3ZTF0VZdVkohjhYRDCZaePfIeFRLk0Xibvs/edit?usp=sharing
fantastic idea!

Quick update:
  1. Called Lucid CS on 10/11/22 - told me I had no hazard warranty but to go to Discount Tire & they may work w/ Pirelli
  2. Went to Discount Tire on 10/12/22 - they said I had to pay directly despite low mileage -- no warranty (and didn't try to call Pirelli)
  3. They ordered the tire.
  4. Submitted email on Pirelli website on 10/12/22
  5. registered tires on Pirelli site on 10/12/22
  6. Pirelli CS called me on 10/13/22 and asked me which Discount Tire I brought the car to ..
  7. Pirelli called the Discount Tire store and told them they'd "good-will" the tire replacement
  8. Discount Tire called me on 10/15 to let me know the tire was in
  9. Dropped off car this morning (10/17) and Picked up car this afternoon .. w/ new tire
Pirelli customer service was very helpful and saved me $$$. If it wasn't for me reaching out directly to Pirelli, I would've had to pay for the replacement myself as Lucid CS and Discount Tire were not able to "do anything".

Thoughts:
  • If you have the 21" wheels w/ the Pirelli tires, I would DEFINITELY register them on the Pirelli website
  • I'm still uneasy about the tires. In the 150 miles of CLT roads that I did drive prior to spotting the bubble.
  • I would rethink my 21" decision, but then I'm reminded of @bhramabull 's blowout experience and it was with the 19" wheels (if I'm not mistaken)
  • Likely that these tires have a product defect ..
  • I'd really like to see an All-season 21" tire that isn't prone to bubbles.

Quick update
  1. Called Lucid CS on 10/11/22 - told me to go to Discount Tire
  2. Went to Discount Tire on 10/12/22 - they said I had to pay directly despite low mileage
  3. Submitted email on Pirelli website on 10/12/22
  4. registered tires on Pirelli site on 10/12/22
  5. Pirelli CS called me on 10/13/22 and asked me which Discount Tire I brought the car to ..
  6. Pirelli called the Discount Tire store and told them they'd good-will the tire replacement
  7. dropped off car this morning (10/17) and Picked up car this afternoon .. w/ new tire

Quick update:
  1. Called Lucid CS on 10/11/22 - told me I had no hazard warranty but to go to Discount Tire & they may work w/ Pirelli
  2. Went to Discount Tire on 10/12/22 - they said I had to pay directly despite low mileage -- no warranty (and didn't try to call Pirelli)
  6. Pirelli CS called me on 10/13/22 and asked me which Discount Tire I brought the car to ..
  7. Pirelli called the Discount Tire store and told them they'd "good-will" the tire replacement
  9. Dropped off car this morning (10/17) and Picked up car this afternoon .. w/ new tire
Pirelli customer service was very helpful and saved me $$$. If it wasn't for me reaching out directly to Pirelli, I would've had to pay for the replacement myself as Lucid CS and Discount Tire were not able to "do anything".

Thoughts:
  • If you have the 21" wheels w/ the Pirelli tires, I would DEFINITELY register them on the Pirelli website
  • I'm still uneasy about the tires. In the 150 miles of CLT roads that I did drive prior to spotting the bubble.
  • I would rethink my 21" decision, but then I'm reminded of @bhramabull 's blowout experience and it was with the 19" wheels (if I'm not mistaken)
How do you register when Lucid isn't an option?
1666039938743.png

Quick update:

Thoughts:
Thanks for the update! Will register mine ASAP!

Quick update
  1. Called Lucid CS on 10/11/22 - told me to go to Discount Tire
  2. Went to Discount Tire on 10/12/22 - they said I had to pay directly despite low mileage
  3. Submitted email on Pirelli website on 10/12/22
  4. registered tires on Pirelli site on 10/12/22
  5. Pirelli CS called me on 10/13/22 and asked me which Discount Tire I brought the car to ..
  6. Pirelli called the Discount Tire store and told them they'd good-will the tire replacement
  7. dropped off car this morning (10/17) and Picked up car this afternoon .. w/ new tire
Glad to hear it worked out!

Pirelli told me that the Brand and Model were not required.
I entered Lucid Motors as my dealer with an address of 7373 Gateway Boulevard, Newark, CA 94560
Where do you find DOT information in registration form?

Where do you find DOT information in registration form?
It's on the tires ... and, yes, they are different per tire. the last 4 digits represents when the tire was manufactured.

It's on the tires ... and, yes, they are different per tire. the last 4 digits represents when the tire was manufactured.
btw, it's the number following "DOT" and Before the "PZ4".. e.g. DOT 1UN CY794M 2721 PZ4, you'd enter as 1-UNCY-794M-2721

Bookmarking this to register my tires when I get my Touring hopefully before December 31st!
btw, information for when you go and register the tires:
  • Pirelli told me that the Brand and Model were not required. (I entered Lucid Motors as my dealer with an address of 7373 Gateway Boulevard, Newark, CA 94560)
  • DOT Information is on the tires ... and, yes, they are different per tire. the last 4 digits represents when the tire was manufactured. It's the number following "DOT" and Before the "PZ4".. e.g. DOT 1UN CY794M 2721 PZ4, you'd enter as 1-UNCY-794M-2721

btw, information for when you go and register the tires:
  • Pirelli told me that the Brand and Model were not required. (I entered Lucid Motors as my dealer with an address of 7373 Gateway Boulevard, Newark, CA 94560)
  • DOT Information is on the tires ... and, yes, they are different per tire. the last 4 digits represents when the tire was manufactured. It's the number following "DOT" and Before the "PZ4".. e.g. DOT 1UN CY794M 2721 PZ4, you'd enter as 1-UNCY-794M-2721
Thanks for the tips!

Just noticed a bubble on my front driver's side 21", 8200 miles on them. It may be more difficult to get a warranty claim but I'll try.
Please put yourself onto the spreadsheet! It would be much appreciated!

Link to sheet here! https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1MAreRJon3ZTF0VZdVkohjhYRDCZaePfIeFRLk0Xibvs/edit?usp=sharing

Update* - So I've been back and forth with Pirelli, my service center, and Tire Rack.com (because my service center literally doesn't respond for weeks on end). What Pirelli may do for you is offer you a "good will credit". What is this? Well, (after literally 12 frustrating emails) from what I gather they will essentially give tire rack, Lucid, etc the tire for free and then they'll send it to you. Sounds great but my issue is 1) My service center has trouble getting back to me within any reasonable timeline. 2) Tire Rack.com seems to have trouble giving me a quote upfront for what that difference will be.

I don't mind paying whatever the difference is and actually wouldn't care if I knew this issue wouldn't happen again. However, I am HEAVILY considering going with a different tire all together upfront and would rather spend the money there if it's a large amount. I suspect that the root cause of our issues is that the sidewall on these Pirelli's is supposedly thinner than most. this combined with the weights of our vehicles causes these bubbles.

FYI, these are the tires I am considering - Falken AZENIS FK510 - SIZE: 245/35ZR21

I noticed my front driver tire has a small bubble. Doesnt seem immediately dangerous - the bubble is still as firm as the rest of the sidewall, but obviously will likely catastrophically fail at some point.

I called Lucid customer care and was very disappointed.. The guy who picked up the phone and was working in a very loud environment, and seemed very unprepared to assist me. Lots of "uhs" and he just didnt sound confident in what he was saying.

He initially basically said "thats between you and the tire shop", and stated it would be "out of pocket" which honestly is bullshit considering I live 5 miles from a service center and am only 3 weeks into ownership. I reminded him of this and he said "oh let me see where you are".

After realizing I was near a service center, he still recommended I go to a Pirelli dealer but the service center "may be able to help"

I texted my DA, and she directed me to the local Studio, who then directed me back to customer service, who already redirected me to a 3rd party shop.

Very poor experience and frustrating.

Im pushing to get this tire replaced at the Service center. I also need to get my charge port door realigned and steering wheel creak fixed, so I'm hoping to roll this all into one appointment.

Still love the vehicle and as excited for the future, but this was a bad experience.

I hope the Lucid officials on this forum can raise this to who needs to hear it - the last thing I want to do after finding an issue like this is be hot potatoe'd/on hold for 45 minutes.

We have a 6 hour trip planned tomorrow, and Im leaning toward still doing it.

Back