Time to be honest and tell the truth

Is that your mileage from an 80% SoC down to 20% SoC? That seems plausible on 21” wheels with expected losses from phantom drain, heating/cooling, temps, speed, wind and rolling resistance.
If you’re going from 100% SoC to 0% SoC and only seeing that mileage, either you drive like an F1 driver everywhere you go, or something such as alignment is way out of whack.
He's also on 19" wheels. Something seems wrong but without more info...it's too hard to determine anything.

Looking at EPA range vs real world range, it’s interesting that the cars that did less than the EPA real world range usually started with a T, lol

MB EQS has some impressive range on Edmund test.

We drove to Dallas this winter and it was around 26 degrees the entire way!

The big problem on that trip was the very inaccurate "miles remaining". The car would say that we have 280 miles left and after driving 50 miles is would say that we have 190 left.
Yeah, that was a false sense of security I got when I drove from Houston to Austin at 46F.

Polestar 2 has range estimator app to tell you based on your previous driving style and cabin electronic range usage, how much range one can theoretically get despite the dashboard shows the range remaining in different number. Lucid needs to have app in infotainment like that, else people don’t understand temperature, acceleration style, weight load and HVAC usage can affect different range than the dashboard EPA range would think Lucid is just BS false advertising.

I also find it interesting EQS and Polestar 2 can have tested range higher than EPA range, where Lucid and Tesla basically less than EPA range.

Is that your mileage from an 80% SoC down to 20% SoC? That seems plausible on 21” wheels with expected losses from phantom drain, heating/cooling, temps, speed, wind and rolling resistance.
If you’re going from 100% SoC to 0% SoC and only seeing that mileage, either you drive like an F1 driver everywhere you go, or something such as alignment is way out of whack.
It is from 100% to 20%. Roads are too congested to drive like a maniac. Plus I’m not 20 any more. I’ll be seeing service technician on Monday. Will see what he has to say

Yeah, that was a false sense of security I got when I drove from Houston to Austin at 46F.

Polestar 2 has range estimator app to tell you based on your previous driving style and cabin electronic range usage, how much range one can theoretically get despite the dashboard shows the range remaining in different number. Lucid needs to have app in infotainment like that, else people don’t understand temperature, acceleration style, weight load and HVAC usage can affect different range than the dashboard EPA range would think Lucid is just BS false advertising.

I also find it interesting EQS and Polestar 2 can have tested range higher than EPA range, where Lucid and Tesla basically less than EPA range.
Mercedes and Polestar use the less forgiving (and easier) 2-cycle test, while Lucid and Tesla use the 5-cycle. Both are valid; just different. That’s the reason for the split; most cars will beat the 2-cycle test and lag the 5-cycle test.

About 90% (?) of what the EPA actually does ($12B annual budget, btw) is largely unknown to the average American (and maybe even to the un-average ones who buy Lucids.) One of the few useful things they could do--after spending god-knows-how-much studying--is give us useful data to inform our decision to buy the second most expensive asset most Americans buy.

Instead, after years and untold millions, EPA is off by 30-40%. Think about it--how many of us here, on an important career assignment/deal could have been off 30% and still be here today, able to buy a Lucid?

Why do they undertake this when there conclusions are worthless?

BTW, this isn't a knock on Lucid---can't blame them for hiding in the EPA shade just like their competitors.
The EPA ratings are based on a SAE standard, while there is no disputing the dyno testing they do isn't real world driving they do de-rate the dyno numbers 70% which still isn't typical of what's seen by many consumers (but I do have a BIL who would crush the EPA numbers LOL)

The EPA numbers are only a yardstick to measure vehicle range against other makes and models.

"Miles left" estimator in the EQS is much better than Lucid. Something that I hope they, Lucid, fix soon.

"Miles left" estimator in the EQS is much better than Lucid. Something that I hope they, Lucid, fix soon.
Agree. I get 3.1 since new so indicator should be based on that… seems simple: 3.1 multiplied by charge remaining. Or it can be based on the past “x” miles. Am I missing something?

I watch YouTube somewhere that Tesla can toggle between theoretical EPA miles and real world mile, and sometimes that -25% drop shock drivers. Maybe I should Turo Model-X again to evaluate.

Since we are on this thread’s topic.
I feel Tesla and Lucid higher end tier pricing basically pricing to the point giving NIO, VinFast, Genesis, and Lexus a welcome entry to the market.

Compare to Rivian R1S fully loaded spec quad motors going from 85k to 105k.

Tesla Model-X Plaid fully loaded with FSD going from 130k to 164k is just ridiculous pricing. And it’s not even ventilated leather seats.

Tesla is basically saying to the market please go order Rivian which even enhance Rivian demand. I have a feeling Gravity might even be like that. Just my 2c.

Since we are on this thread’s topic.
I feel Tesla and Lucid higher end tier pricing basically pricing to the point giving NIO, VinFast, Genesis, and Lexus a welcome entry to the market....Tesla Model-X Plaid fully loaded with FSD going from 130k to 164k is just ridiculous pricing. And it’s not even ventilated leather seats... Tesla is basically saying to the market please go order Rivian which even enhance Rivian demand...
A lot of people will only look at Tesla's offerings when shopping for an EV, just as many would only consider Apple products. This gives Tesla (and Apple) a little more pricing power, and ability to continue shipping products that are lacking in technology and features compared to their competitors.

A lot of people will only look at Tesla's offerings when shopping for an EV, just as many would only consider Apple products. This gives Tesla (and Apple) a little more pricing power, and ability to continue shipping products that are lacking in technology and features compared to their competitors.

We can only hope that at least some people may sour on Musk’s antics. Such a shame to possess such brilliance and be one the world’s top assholes at the same time. 🤷🏼‍♂️

It is from 100% to 20%. Roads are too congested to drive like a maniac. Plus I’m not 20 any more. I’ll be seeing service technician on Monday. Will see what he has to say
Yes. Right now I charged it 100% which is 755 kilometres and I have driven 300 k. I have 120 range left. That should get me another 50 k. Will add up to 350 k. Far cry from what I’m supposed to get. Taking it in for service on Monday hopefully they will find out why it is so low.

Yes. Right now I charged it 100% which is 755 kilometres and I have driven 300 k. I have 120 range left. That should get me another 50 k. Will add up to 350 k. Far cry from what I’m supposed to get. Taking it in for service on Monday hopefully they will find out why it is so low.
That's about right.

Back