TESTED: 2022 Lucid Air Dream Sets New EV Range Record

I'm pretty sure the reviewer said this was a production dream edition with 9,000 miles on it. It seemed to have a couple of bugs related to door handles and door closing. But he was tin the minority saying that the interior is not up to snuff, at least compared to the Germans.
The interior will always be up for debate because luxury is in the eye of the beholder. We even have a split viewpoint here on the forum of how "luxurious" the Lucid interior is compared to the German counterparts. Hell, there are Tesla owners who say that their Tesla is more luxurious than the Air!

I'm pretty sure the reviewer said this was a production dream edition with 9,000 miles on it. It seemed to have a couple of bugs related to door handles and door closing. But he was tin the minority saying that the interior is not up to snuff, at least compared to the Germans.
Right the reviewer also mentioned that the car was sent back to the factory for a full check-up prior to Edmunds testing. So it's a bit disconcerting that they're still experiencing problems with the door.

Then it’s mistake of lucid, they should have better cars for these reviewers.
Yeah they tried and messed up still...
This is a production press car and it's done about 9,000 miles. It was actually back at the Lucid factory having a once over before it came to use this week.

Yeah, I still don’t really understand getting the car to lock or unlock. My phone is linked but it doesn’t unlock the car by proximity, instead I have to unlock it using the app. Not sure what the app linking did as I could unlock and lock the car before doing it.

I still just carry around the fob as it seems to work best. I was hoping I could use the phone via proximity and have the card in my wallet as backup but not 100% confident in this yet.

Do you see it linked under your profile? Do you have two Bluetooth Lucid devices on your phone settings? Lucid-##### is the mobile key.

It works 100% of the time for me with proximity and/or pushing the door handles (usually to close because I find more comforting than just walking away).

I recently had an issue where the access control module had to be reset as my fob and mobile key weren’t working, but once that was done it was smooth sailing; I’m told there’s a revision on key fobs to address that issue.

I didn’t realize the 19” wheels have 245 tires. That’s really narrow for a 5200lb car (especially one with 900+ hp)! I have been planning on getting the 19’s for my Pure as I’m in the NE and the roads are shockingly bad but might need to rethink that.

Reviews aside, I am loving this vehicle thus far. The ride is quiet, there is undeniable acceleration, the interior space is comfortable for all (front and back),

There are kinks and software upgrades that would be nice to have, but overall do not impact my day to day driving experience. Rome was not built in a day and neither is a new start-up. I expected some of these challenges when I ordered, but so far, am pleased with the performance.

Do you see it linked under your profile? Do you have two Bluetooth Lucid devices on your phone settings? Lucid-##### is the mobile key.

It works 100% of the time for me with proximity and/or pushing the door handles (usually to close because I find more comforting than just walking away).

I recently had an issue where the access control module had to be reset as my fob and mobile key weren’t working, but once that was done it was smooth sailing; I’m told there’s a revision on key fobs to address that issue.
That’s interesting, because my mobile key does not work with proximity - yes I know how to set it up. Also, one of my key fobs has stopped working completely, and, yes, I have changed the battery.

Yeah they tried and messed up still...
They would be better off declining the testy drive than to provide a glitchy model. I think he was more than fair with his review given his experience. No reason to have problems with the door handles at this stage in the game. As a future GT owner, I found myself slightly embarrassed.

Yeah, I still don’t really understand getting the car to lock or unlock. My phone is linked but it doesn’t unlock the car by proximity, instead I have to unlock it using the app. Not sure what the app linking did as I could unlock and lock the car before doing it.

I still just carry around the fob as it seems to work best. I was hoping I could use the phone via proximity and have the card in my wallet as backup but not 100% confident in this yet.
Same - see “cards, fobs, and phones” thread - I have been confused about what is intended vs what just isn’t working reliably…

Same - see “cards, fobs, and phones” thread - I have been confused about what is intended vs what just isn’t working reliably…

Yes, I have the 2 Bluetooth profiles but standing near the car or pushing on the handles won’t open it. It probably only works about 20% of the time. Sometimes I’ll be in the garage and notice it just unlock so I know it’s the phone because I don’t have the fob on me.

How do you reset the access control module? Can anyone do it or something Lucid has to do?

I’m curious. Without a fob, how do you deal with leaving the car to be parked by a valet or commercial garage?

by the way, I have been in Bonita Springs a week and no sightings of a Lucid in the wild. 😪

In the Edmund's video the guy couldn't even get the fob to operate the doors properly

It's weird they say the build quality is bad because I THINK the overwhelming majority on this forum feel the build quality is good.
I happen to agree with the reviewer when it comes to the interior quality--it isn't befitting a $100k+ price tag. Yes, it's "modern", "minimalist", "Scandinavian"...but so is IKEA

I happen to agree with the reviewer when it comes to the interior quality--it isn't befitting a $100k+ price tag. Yes, it's "modern", "minimalist", "Scandinavian"...but so is IKEA
Lol if you think the Air interior is the same as the stuff at ikea...oof

That’s interesting, because my mobile key does not work with proximity - yes I know how to set it up. Also, one of my key fobs has stopped working completely, and, yes, I have changed the battery.

So that was exactly what happened to me and why they needed to reset the ACM. That worked for 24 hours and today broke again.

My understanding is it’s an issue with my fob and/or the profile specifically; my fiancée’s works without issue, and mine *was* working for months without issue until now.

We shall see what the fix is!

Yes, I have the 2 Bluetooth profiles but standing near the car or pushing on the handles won’t open it. It probably only works about 20% of the time. Sometimes I’ll be in the garage and notice it just unlock so I know it’s the phone because I don’t have the fob on me.

How do you reset the access control module? Can anyone do it or something Lucid has to do?

Service had to do it (but can do it via mobile service).

So that was exactly what happened to me and why they needed to reset the ACM. That worked for 24 hours and today broke again.
My understanding is it’s an issue with my fob and/or the profile specifically; my fiancée’s works without issue, and mine *was* working for months without issue until now.
We shall see what the fix is!
I guess you jinxed it by posting how great it worked!

The service center had created a Test Profile when they claimed to have fixed all those issues I had. The Test Profile is still in the car and I can't delete it from my profile. When I go into the test profile, it has an appearance profile set, which I can't delete - this is probably related why the entire profile can't be deleted. An ACM reset may help resolve this. I should have them send a mobile team out, because I really dread them taking the car to the service center and not being able to make any headway.

Also, both key fobs don't work by holding them above the camera area for the RFID/NFC unlocking. The Service Center wanted me to try it.

After watching this review, very tempted to change my 19" wheel order on the Touring to 20", as I'm in Florida and don't need all season tires. Although will lose some range, better handling and control expected from what the reviewer anticipates. Comfort maybe less, but not that much?

Back