Admin
Verified Owner
Supporting Member
Cars
Dream P
DE Number
Referral Code
R0YBCKIJ

Interesting in overall score the Model S Plaid beats it. Hopefully Lucid can get its software issues ironed out quickly to give it a bit of a boost.

Was apparently dinged for braking and handling not up to par, poor software, and poor fit and finish. Not sure I agree with 1 and 3. Plus the reviewer said the dream R is the only car with 500+ range but the GT on 19 inch wheels can do that too no?

I talked to a new owner at EA charger in Fashion Island, as much as he loves the car (look, handling, material quality), it was the bootup and door handle malfunction that drove him nut.

Seems like this is a common problem, and perhaps Lucid should get outside help or bring in additional SW expertise to help - 8 months already and they still don't have a good handle of these two issues (among other SW issues)

Yeah, I still don’t really understand getting the car to lock or unlock. My phone is linked but it doesn’t unlock the car by proximity, instead I have to unlock it using the app. Not sure what the app linking did as I could unlock and lock the car before doing it.

I still just carry around the fob as it seems to work best. I was hoping I could use the phone via proximity and have the card in my wallet as backup but not 100% confident in this yet.

I talked to a new owner at EA charger in Fashion Island, as much as he loves the car (look, handling, material quality), it was the bootup and door handle malfunction that drove him nut.

Seems like this is a common problem, and perhaps Lucid should get outside help or bring in additional SW expertise to help - 8 months already and they still don't have a good handle of these two issues (among other SW issues)
When did you order and color as I don't see you on the tracker?

So many people talk about Lucid not re-inventing things that work. I'm always amazed at how using a key fob, which has been standard for so many years, is something they didn't reinvent, works reliably, yet people are choosing to try and use the mobile key, which is unreliable on any car

So many people talk about Lucid not re-inventing things that work. I'm always amazed at how using a key fob, which has been standard for so many years, is something they didn't reinvent, works reliably, yet people are choosing to try and use the mobile key, which is unreliable on any car
At the same time, I feel like car keys are a relic of previous generation of tech.

I suspect that in the future the cars will be locked and started with phone as a key or other system they doesn’t require a fob.

Come to think of it, there might even be a blockchain solution to car ownership.

I think part of the issue is that it’s offered so it should be an option to use. If it’s not reliable or they prefer people to use a fob then just only provide a fob as the option.

I actually don’t mind the Lucid fob, it’s designed well. My previous Audi one was horrendous and the moment you would sit down you’d find it opening the trunk. It was too sensitive.

I

Is the quality as bad as they said in the review?
It's weird they say the build quality is bad because I THINK the overwhelming majority on this forum feel the build quality is good.

For the last couple years, the mobile key has been completely reliable on our Model 3.

Last edited:
It's weird they say the build quality is bad because I THINK the overwhelming majority on this forum feel the build quality is good.
Keep in mind, all these reviews, test drives etc. have been done on pre-production cars so they may not be 100% in terms of quality etc.

Keep in mind, all these reviews, test drives etc. have been done on pre-production cars so they may not be 100% in terms of quality etc.
Then it’s mistake of lucid, they should have better cars for these reviewers.

Then it’s mistake of lucid, they should have better cars for these reviewers.
I feel the same about the software on demo cars. They should be kept up to date. I understand they may be stuck on version 1.0.0 because of preproduction hardware.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure the reviewer said this was a production dream edition with 9,000 miles on it. It seemed to have a couple of bugs related to door handles and door closing. But he was tin the minority saying that the interior is not up to snuff, at least compared to the Germans.

Back