Test Drive Follow Up Questions

JonS

Cars
Taycan Turbo, M3P
Hey everyone,
I’ve been hanging out on the forum since I confirmed my Grand Touring Performance order here in Canada. I actually managed to drive the car for 40 minutes out of their Yorkdale Shopping Center Lucid showroom today.

I’ve got some questions/observations for the sage owners of the forum. For reference the car was Stellar White with the Tahoe interior, exactly what I ended up ordering. I’ve been an EV only owner since 2018.

1. For tall owners, did you feel a little too high in the car? I had the seat as low as it would go and my eye line felt very high. This could be because of my current ride being the ultra low Taycan (I’m 6’4 by the way) or that the steering wheel really didn’t go back as far as I thought it would stopping me reclining properly.

2. I know others have mentioned this but the stitching on the tahoe interior really reflected on the windscreen. It’s really quite a pronounced line, have others dealt with this somehow? Maybe just taking a sharpie to the whole damn thing.

3. User interface was slow-ish but better than I was expecting although we did have trouble opening the doors to start the test drive 😳

4. Handling was excellent, as engaging as my fully loaded Taycan Turbo (so RAS and active stability). The power was very oddly progressive though. Both my Tesla and Porsche slap you in the face off the line. The Lucid almost takes the stance that it would be impolite to surprise your passengers with 800+ bhp and let’s them have a moment to prepare then drops a crazy hammer at 50 kms/ph. It’s very different to the other electric vehicles that I’ve been in and reminded me of my Kawasaki ZX10R, the second power band ripped your arms out of their sockets. Does anyone know if launch mode gives the car more poke between 0-50kms/ph?

5. Steering wheel didn’t go back far enough for me to be comfortable, has this really been fixed in production cars, how can I validate? It also made squeaking noises.

6. Audio system sounded good although Alexa just picked a random song and couldn’t understand my mongrel accent.

7. The rear window shade seemed to really struggle to go up and down, seems like it’s the first thing that’s going to fail out of warranty 😂

8. I’d say that smooth was too soft for me but swift felt like “Normal” mode on the Taycan Turbo. There was more road noise than the Taycan but it felt like a much more open and spacious cabin.

9. What’s with the sliding hatch that covers the drink holders and the arm rest. They both feel super cheap, the sliding cover specifically. That whole area including the phone charger feels like an after thought.

Anyway, this turned into a brain dump more than a carefully crafted summary from others. To be honest though, my biggest concern going into the test drive was the software. Now it’s that damn stitching line reflected right across the windscreen!

Hey everyone,
I’ve been hanging out on the forum since I confirmed my Grand Touring Performance order here in Canada. I actually managed to drive the car for 40 minutes out of their Yorkdale Shopping Center Lucid showroom today.

I’ve got some questions/observations for the sage owners of the forum. For reference the car was Stellar White with the Tahoe interior, exactly what I ended up ordering. I’ve been an EV only owner since 2018.

1. For tall owners, did you feel a little too high in the car? I had the seat as low as it would go and my eye line felt very high. This could be because of my current ride being the ultra low Taycan (I’m 6’4 by the way) or that the steering wheel really didn’t go back as far as I thought it would stopping me reclining properly.

2. I know others have mentioned this but the stitching on the tahoe interior really reflected on the windscreen. It’s really quite a pronounced line, have others dealt with this somehow? Maybe just taking a sharpie to the whole damn thing.

3. User interface was slow-ish but better than I was expecting although we did have trouble opening the doors to start the test drive 😳

4. Handling was excellent, as engaging as my fully loaded Taycan Turbo (so RAS and active stability). The power was very oddly progressive though. Both my Tesla and Porsche slap you in the face off the line. The Lucid almost takes the stance that it would be impolite to surprise your passengers with 800+ bhp and let’s them have a moment to prepare then drops a crazy hammer at 50 kms/ph. It’s very different to the other electric vehicles that I’ve been in and reminded me of my Kawasaki ZX10R, the second power band ripped your arms out of their sockets. Does anyone know if launch mode gives the car more poke between 0-50kms/ph?

5. Steering wheel didn’t go back far enough for me to be comfortable, has this really been fixed in production cars, how can I validate? It also made squeaking noises.

6. Audio system sounded good although Alexa just picked a random song and couldn’t understand my mongrel accent.

7. The rear window shade seemed to really struggle to go up and down, seems like it’s the first thing that’s going to fail out of warranty 😂

8. I’d say that smooth was too soft for me but swift felt like “Normal” mode on the Taycan Turbo. There was more road noise than the Taycan but it felt like a much more open and spacious cabin.

9. What’s with the sliding hatch that covers the drink holders and the arm rest. They both feel super cheap, the sliding cover specifically. That whole area including the phone charger feels like an after thought.

Anyway, this turned into a brain dump more than a carefully crafted summary from others. To be honest though, my biggest concern going into the test drive was the software. Now it’s that damn stitching line reflected right across the windscreen!
1) Too short to tell you, only 5'5"

2) I feel like any lighter colored (non black) stitching will reflect. After a day or two it's just not noticeable anymore, to me at least.

3)no comment - though unlike others on this forum I've never had an issue with the doors, using the fob exclusively.

4) you would be correct, off the line the Lucid does not punch you in the face like you would expect, sprint mode yes, but Peter said in a video somewhere the engine is tuned for around 50-60mph

5) not sure, only pre-prod car I sat in was a DE at the factory, but I'm short so it's different

6) audio is amazing

7) I had my rear shade replaced when it was having issues, which might be the case on that car. After replacement, it works flawlessly

8) agreed, swift is really the sweet spot

9) I think it's nice because the wood grain matches, but because of the design you basically have to leave it open the majority of the time, at least I do because that's where the phone goes!

Hey everyone,

Anyway, this turned into a brain dump more than a carefully crafted summary from others. To be honest though, my biggest concern going into the test drive was the software. Now it’s that damn stitching line reflected right across the windscreen!i

Im 6'5" 210 lbs.
1. Didnt feel high.
5. True, needs to go back 3"more than it can to be comfortable and to take full advantage of seat fullyback and reclined.
Wish it had 1" more leg room. Not the most ideal car for tall drivers.

Hey everyone,

Polarized sunglasses completely fix the dash reflections. It was my biggest complaint - now I just put on Ray Bans when I get in and the dash reflections vanish.

Polarized sunglasses completely fix the dash reflections. It was my biggest complaint - now I just put on Ray Bans when I get in and the dash reflections vanish.
Oh yea mine might be less too because of the tint. Forgot about that

2) I feel like any lighter colored (non black) stitching will reflect. After a day or two it's just not noticeable anymore, to me at least.
I have the Mojave interior, and on odd occasions I notice it (much like Hydbob here)
when driving I just don’t see it

my wife has done way less miles (probably 100 or so) said the same. It’s a bit like the passenger airbag light. It’s at eye level and bright yellow, but I only notice it when I look for it.

I have the Mojave interior, and on odd occasions I notice it (much like Hydbob here)
when driving I just don’t see it

my wife has done way less miles (probably 100 or so) said the same. It’s a bit like the passenger airbag light. It’s at eye level and bright yellow, but I only notice it when I look for it.
Does anyone know if this happens with the Tahoe interior? I didn’t notice on my test drive?

Does anyone know if this happens with the Tahoe interior? I didn’t notice on my test drive?
This was the Tahoe interior and a Stellar White exterior that I noticed it on. I've checked my Tesla and Porsche and while they do have a reflection when you look the entire dashboard is dark so it's really not noticeable.

This could just be a little oversight for a new car manufacturer but this with the seat/steering wheel issue really has me thinking.

I have tahoe. You notice it the first few times you drive and if there is a sudden change in cloud cover, otherwise you stop noticing it. I have done nothing to the exterior of the car.

Back