Tesla offering $3750 discount

I think this is great. The S and X are still very expensive (and I think still considerably more than they were a couple years ago) but the 3 and Y drop is going to put a lot of pressure on the other manufacturers to price their EVs at a more affordable level. Hopefully it will help kill the out of control dealer price adjustments too.
Agreed
The OEM’s are in EV trouble
F GM and others

I have never understood folks comparing a Lucid Air to a Tesla. In my mind they are comparable in that both are electric and both are performance vehicles. But that is where the likeness ends. The Lucid is a true luxury vehicle; the Tesla is not. On trips the Lucid is dependent upon a variable quality charging network; the Tesla supercharging network is far superior.

It is a little like comparing a Dodge Charger to a BMW M3. They play in different spaces.

I have never understood folks comparing a Lucid Air to a Tesla. In my mind they are comparable in that both are electric and both are performance vehicles. But that is where the likeness ends. The Lucid is a true luxury vehicle; the Tesla is not. On trips the Lucid is dependent upon a variable quality charging network; the Tesla supercharging network is far superior.

It is a little like comparing a Dodge Charger to a BMW M3. They play in different spaces.
S plaid is a an absolute amazing vehicle with better software and huge interior improvement
More like comparing BMW 7 series/Mercedes in the S class. Will be interesting to see what lucid comes up with the compare with the 3 and Y right now Tesla is the E v king. I think if you asked most people if they could have an air dream or a plaid, it be a 50-50 split. Both great cars.

S plaid is a an absolute amazing vehicle with better software and huge interior improvement
More like comparing BMW 7 series/Mercedes in the S class. Will be interesting to see what lucid comes up with the compare with the 3 and Y right now Tesla is the E v king. I think if you asked most people if they could have an air dream or a plaid, it be a 50-50 split. Both great cars.
Air dream P or a plaid? Not even going to consider that, because the answer is obvious.
(the dream)

Air dream P or a plaid? Not even going to consider that, because the answer is obvious.
(the dream)
All personal preference. Different strokes for different folks. Probably depends on what forum you ask it on.
My next move is Taycan Turbo. Will be my 4th. different EV. Aesthetically the Fisker was the most stunning of the lot ext/int. Too bad they never got it right overall.

Someone on reddit made a comment that it has them rethinking their Touring reservation to move to a Plaid. I made a comment about the Air interior being so much better and got a bunch of responses complaining about the lagginess of the Lucid software. Apparently the existance of 2.X update hasn't made the rounds yet.

Someone on reddit made a comment that it has them rethinking their Touring reservation to move to a Plaid. I made a comment about the Air interior being so much better and got a bunch of responses complaining about the lagginess of the Lucid software. Apparently the existance of 2.X update hasn't made the rounds yet.
Well, it does take a while for facts to penetrate the Tesla reality distortion field.

Fortunately, most regular folks have still not heard of Lucid. By the time they do, the laggy 1.0 will be a distant memory.

I think this is great. The S and X are still very expensive (and I think still considerably more than they were a couple years ago) but the 3 and Y drop is going to put a lot of pressure on the other manufacturers to price their EVs at a more affordable level. Hopefully it will help kill the out of control dealer price adjustments too.
Well, it does take a while for facts to penetrate the Tesla reality distortion field.

Fortunately, most regular folks have still not heard of Lucid. By the time they do, the laggy 1.0 will be a distant memory.
Town electrician came in for an inspection of the charger installation and he said he never heard of Lucid. He had no idea the car was American made.

Anyone know how long the wait is for S and X if you order today?
You can see when you hit the order button on their website how long it takes. But it is much quicker than it used to be, unless these new prices drive more people to buy them.

I owned a Model S, worst car I ever owned, sold it for a big loss after 18 months- handling very bad, feels heavy unlike the AIr which just blends in. Of course, had software issues. When one of the panels started falling off, that was the last straw. I can handle panel gaps but when things start falling off..... I decided NEVER to buy a Tesla ever agin. I'm done with cheap quality. Guess why they have 25-30% margins?- cheaply made!!!

Back