Ford reduces Mach E prices!

xponents

Cars
Kia EV9, future Air?

More competition with "cheap" evs is always welcomed, and the Mach E being under 40k is a step in the right direction! I dont understand why you would get this as a family ev over a model y, as even despite its terrible build quality and other shortfalls, it has FAR more room than the Mach E.

I also just want to shortly note the sorry state of journalism (generally, and in the car field) with this hilarious quote,

Additionally, Ford pointed out that any 2023 Mustang Mach-E leased through Ford Credit is eligible for a $7,500 cash incentive. That’s in addition to the $7,500 federal tax credit for EV leases Ford passes on to its customers – meaning US buyers could lease a Mach-E for up to $13,000 off MSRP. Qualified buyers can also take advantage of 0% financing for 72 months.
Right, because 7500 + 7500 = 13000. 🤦‍♂️

Ford had to do something. 362 market day supply - 3rd worst selling car in USA in terms of sales vs supply.

More competition with "cheap" evs is always welcomed, and the Mach E being under 40k is a step in the right direction! I dont understand why you would get this as a family ev over a model y, as even despite its terrible build quality and other shortfalls, it has FAR more room than the Mach E.
Leaving aside any Elon Musk issue, I don't want to have to look sideways to see how fast I am driving and I don't want to use a touchscreen for functions that I often use while driving. These two issues, alone, disqualify the Y for me before looking at build quality, lack of a HUD, limited blind spot monitoring, no 360 cameras, etc. etc.

I would take a Mach-e over a Model Y every time.

Leaving aside any Elon Musk issue, I don't want to have to look sideways to see how fast I am driving and I don't want to use a touchscreen for functions that I often use while driving. These two issues, alone, disqualify the Y for me before looking at build quality, lack of a HUD, limited blind spot monitoring, no 360 cameras, etc. etc.

I would take a Mach-e over a Model Y every time.
True, different people ESPECIALLY in this space have different priorities. For example, I doubt many looking for simple family EVs would care much about looking at their speedometer, and there is likely not much things families would have to do on the touchscreen that would be different from other cars, excluding the AC controls. All family's would ideally want is space and some usable features, which the Y certainly does deliver on.

Some of the oversupply can be attributed to greedy dealers with their obscene ADMs over the past 2 years. Rising interest rates, competition by others new entrants and Tesla lowering prices didn't help Ford.

True, different people ESPECIALLY in this space have different priorities. For example, I doubt many looking for simple family EVs would care much about looking at their speedometer, and there is likely not much things families would have to do on the touchscreen that would be different from other cars, excluding the AC controls. All family's would ideally want is space and some usable features, which the Y certainly does deliver on.
Sounds like a Leaf.

Off topic but am I the only one that thinks that the Mach E is one of the, if not the ugliest Mustang ever made? 🙃
Nah, the Mustang II takes that, IMO. But I also do not consider the Mach E a Mustang by any measure other than that little horse emblem they threw on there. Maybe they should have just called it a III E.

Nah, the Mustang II takes that, IMO. But I also do not consider the Mach E a Mustang by any measure other than that little horse emblem they threw on there. Maybe they should have just called it a III E.
Are you sure about that??!!

Mach E
201214151931-01-ford-mustang-mach-e-electric-suv-exlarge-169.jpg

VS

Mustang 2
5f7b87dfd50d82009e462007_MD-2003-II-013.jpg

Then again, my picture selection maybe non random 😅

From a classic Mustang owner, currently have a '73 convertible and just sold a '68 California Special, I still think the II is the uglier variant, unless you want to consider customized variants like @xponents shows above, but I do not count those because anyone can make their car ugly. I do like the look of the "hood ornament" on the II above. Again, I do not consider the Mach E a Mustang IMO. I will always refer to it as a Mach E, not a Mustang Mach E.

From a classic Mustang owner, currently have a '73 convertible and just sold a '68 California Special, I still think the II is the uglier variant, unless you want to consider customized variants like @xponents shows above, but I do not count those because anyone can make their car ugly. I do like the look of the "hood ornament" on the II above. Again, I do not consider the Mach E a Mustang IMO. I will always refer to it as a Mach E, not a Mustang Mach E.
Actually, I once heard from another mustang enthusiast that it was meant to be a Ford originally, but they made it a mustang to justify the high price that it ended up being (it was meant to be cheaper, to increase demand at a higher price they added a coveted badge). At LEAST they could have made it a sedan, or a shooting brake, or SOMETHING that actually has sporting intentions other than a boring, crappy, forgettable crossover. (hell, even make it a wagon.. existed in 1966, but isnt very well known!) Then they go ahead and build crazy mach e's... and they end up being concepts(talking about the 1400).

Actually, the Wagon never made it to actual production. There are several individuals who made custom variants and one version that was actually made to explore and pitch the option to Ford for actual production. The car was a 1965 Mustang sent over to Italy, modified, sent back months later and used to pitch Ford on the project in 1966. There was also a Mustang pickup in 1966 that was called the "Mustero", along the lines of the Ranchero.

In the '60's, dealers were known to make/request local "variants" of the Mustang as it was the most popular car at the time. That is how we got the "California Special", "Mustero", "High Country" and I think a version out of Texas if I remember right, but not many copies. The CS and the HC had the highest "production", around 3800 CS and 300 HC. There were 50 Mustero copies. The Mustero was actually modified by a dealer in Beverly Hills. The CS and HC were actual production cars built by Ford to a local dealer request. I think there might have been a version for the Kansas City market called the "Twister" version, but I have never seen one.

So much for Mustang history.

Actually, the Wagon never made it to actual production. There are several individuals who made custom variants and one version that was actually made to explore and pitch the option to Ford for actual production. The car was a 1965 Mustang sent over to Italy, modified, sent back months later and used to pitch Ford on the project in 1966. There was also a Mustang pickup in 1966 that was called the "Mustero", along the lines of the Ranchero.

In the '60's, dealers were known to make/request local "variants" of the Mustang as it was the most popular car at the time. That is how we got the "California Special", "Mustero", "High Country" and I think a version out of Texas if I remember right, but not many copies. The CS and the HC had the highest "production", around 3800 CS and 300 HC. There were 50 Mustero copies. The Mustero was actually modified by a dealer in Beverly Hills. The CS and HC were actual production cars built by Ford to a local dealer request. I think there might have been a version for the Kansas City market called the "Twister" version, but I have never seen one.

So much for Mustang history.
The one I was talking about was the 65 one sent to italy, thank you for the correction. I do totally understand the decision to not let that happen anymore, as these days custom dealer variants "produced" by ford would be very complex. Custom dealership conversions do still happen, just very rarely and not with mustangs anymore (usually f150s with powertrain mods, in the case of ford).

Even the Corvette name is soon going into the shit, with it turning into a sub-brand making SUVs as well. Just why?? These companies seem overly greedy to capitalize on the spirit of brands, an example of how to do it the right way is the Hummer EV, which stuck to its original mission of being a big, bulky, unnecessary offroader. What Ford and Chevy(corvette) is doing would be the equivalent of turning the hummer ev into a sedan..

There is no comparison of the Mach-e, even the GT version, with a Lucid. But most people can't afford a Lucid. While the Mach-e is not for me, I applaud Ford for making and selling a more affordable product.

The Lucid Air is a luxury car and priced accordingly. The Mach-e is a mainstream car and we need more EVs in that space. So lets praise Ford for at least producing an alternative.

There is no comparison of the Mach-e, even the GT version, with a Lucid. But most people can't afford a Lucid. While the Mach-e is not for me, I applaud Ford for making and selling a more affordable product.

The Lucid Air is a luxury car and priced accordingly. The Mach-e is a mainstream car and we need more EVs in that space. So lets praise Ford for at least producing an alternative.
If Ford hadn't called it a Mustang, they would not have gotten so much grief about its design. I dislike crossovers, but I actually think the Mach-e looks good for what it is.

Of course, if they hadn't called it Mustang, they likely would have had to spend more to get the word out about it. Brand recognition is a powerful thing.

Lucid Mustang Corvette M5 AMG 911 Air

Saw this at the LA Auto Show. It was a *beast*
Are you sure you aren't referring to the entirely separate Mustang GTD, also at display at the auto show? The reason I'm asking is because the Dark horse doesnt look that racy, other than the spoiler. That paint color is to die for though...

Back