Tesla Model X Plaid

I thought the braking/regen of the Lucid was universally reviewed very well, if not industry leading... Not just on the forums, but all the publications and videos.
It is, that's why we are pestering @MoniputerLM for more detailed information!

Maybe, but the forum is here to share information, just trying to do that. And bitch about how bad the software is in my car, whenever I can! ;)
I 100% agree about the software. Coming from a Tesla Model X it's one of the biggest things I miss. But, I do like the interior and drive of my Lucid GT better than the Tesla.

I thought the Air's off-throttle regeneration in max regen mode felt similar to that on my model 3 performance, and was easily modulated and controllable. The Air's on-throttle behavior in smooth mode felt gentler than my model 3's did in standard (not comfort) move, the way I always drove it. Didn't drive the air enough to arrive at a favorite mode.

I thought the braking/regen of the Lucid was universally reviewed very well, if not industry leading... Not just on the forums, but all the publications and videos.
It is, but this is a forum, so everything must be compared and labeled better or worse. Fish sandwich or Filet Mignon. Filet wins. 😂

It is, that's why we are pestering @MoniputerLM for more detailed information!
So, I am obviously not doing a good job of explaining what I felt while driving the Model X but will try again. In the Lucid, I do notice that the re-gen is lighter while in swift mode but the control of re-gen by the accelerator pedal in the Model X is non-linear. As you let off the pedal re-gen kicks in but lightly. Let off more and you get more re-gen. Much easier to control the re-gen than in the Lucid. I am sure that if Lucid thought that this was a good idea, they could change the software. Maybe this is a Plaid feature? I am not a Tesla expert.

As you let off the pedal re-gen kicks in but lightly. Let off more and you get more re-gen.
I think this is the part that's confusing us. When I drove the Air, it does exactly this. Only it does take more effort to control, I agree, because it's even more sensitive to smaller adjustments in your foot pressure. It takes less of a change in pressure, in other words, to get a greater reduction in speed. Which to you, it sounds, feels more like an on/off switch than a gradual letting go of the acceleration?

So, I am obviously not doing a good job of explaining what I felt while driving the Model X but will try again. In the Lucid, I do notice that the re-gen is lighter while in swift mode but the control of re-gen by the accelerator pedal in the Model X is non-linear. As you let off the pedal re-gen kicks in but lightly. Let off more and you get more re-gen. Much easier to control the re-gen than in the Lucid. I am sure that if Lucid thought that this was a good idea, they could change the software. Maybe this is a Plaid feature? I am not a Tesla expert.
This still confuses me, I use hard regen instead of standard regen. It feels exactly what you are saying in MX…. 🤔

I had the Model X for over two years and loved it for its styling, doors, wings, space, and speed. What I didn't like was the software had many issues with it, I was left stranded twice on long trips away from home. I never even got close to getting the range displayed once I charged it. Their customer service is really bad with the one parroted answer to all my various issues, "It will be fixed on a future firmware update." So far my Air GT has had its issues, however small and I love driving this car. I'm zkhan2 at the Tesla Motor Club forum if you want to read some of the issues that I posted about.

I had the Model X for over two years and loved it for its styling, doors, wings, space, and speed. What I didn't like was the software had many issues with it, I was left stranded twice on long trips away from home. I never even got close to getting the range displayed once I charged it. Their customer service is really bad with the one parroted answer to all my various issues, "It will be fixed on a future firmware update." So far my Air GT has had its issues, however small and I love driving this car. I'm zkhan2 at the Tesla Motor Club forum if you want to read some of the issues that I posted about.
I rented ModelX from Turo twice. I had sofware screen shutdown on me both times. The range is really pathetic, if I had to charge 3-4 times from just Dallas to Houston 310 miles, that range was no where near EPA. That was the barrier for me. But I still fancy falcon wings…. 🦅

I rented ModelX from Turo twice. I had sofware screen shutdown on me both times. The range is really pathetic, if I had to charge 3-4 times from just Dallas to Houston 310 miles, that range was no where near EPA. That was the barrier for me. But I still fancy falcon wings…. 🦅
How would you need to charge 4 times in 310 miles? That would be a 5-leg trip of average 62 miles per leg. Even 3 stops would be 78 miles per leg.

Were you going 160mph? 😜

How would you need to charge 4 times in 310 miles? That would be a 5-leg trip of average 62 miles per leg. Even 3 stops would be 78 miles per leg.

Were you going 160mph? 😜
Either left the doors open or towing something!

Either left the doors open or towing something!
I had about 35% decrease in range with my Model X. Lucid seems to be much better at the range estimation, but I think its because comfort mode is the default. I bet if it was default Swift range reduction would be around the same.

Were you going 160mph? 😜
2 people and 3 people each time, loaded with luggages each trip. The navigation suggested us to stop every 1 hr 15 min for optimal charge. But I didn’t follow Navigation with excessive stops for I tried to stop every 90+ min. It was in Texas summer, but it was no where near EPA 230 miles range it advertised. I had to charge 3 times for each trip, on the end of trip, I did 4th charge to fill up return to Turo owner. An ICE car will take 4.5 hrs, MX took 7.5~8 hrs. That was the hesitation and barrier getting MX.

2 people and 3 people each time, loaded with luggages each trip. The navigation suggested us to stop every 1 hr 15 min for optimal charge. But I didn’t follow Navigation with excessive stops for I tried to stop every 90+ min. It was in Texas summer, but it was no where near EPA 230 miles range it advertised. I had to charge 3 times for each trip, on the end of trip, I did 4th charge to fill up return to Turo owner. An ICE car will take 4.5 hrs, MX took 7.5~8 hrs. That was the hesitation and barrier getting MX.
Yikes, I never realized how low the range was for a Model X.. (vs. the MSRP)

I think this is the part that's confusing us. When I drove the Air, it does exactly this. Only it does take more effort to control, I agree, because it's even more sensitive to smaller adjustments in your foot pressure. It takes less of a change in pressure, in other words, to get a greater reduction in speed. Which to you, it sounds, feels more like an on/off switch than a gradual letting go of the acceleration?
In the Tesla it's easier to control the deceleration. Yes, my DE feels "jerky" in comparison.

I forget to mention how nice the panoramic window is WITHOUT sun visors!! Lucid really need to develop a system like Tesla has.

Yikes, I never realized how low the range was for a Model X.. (vs. the MSRP)
I assume that was a very early Model X. The current seems to be 348 EPA.

It’s a really big (and ungainly looking IMO) vehicle with large frontal area so not too surprising.

I assume that was a very early Model X. The current seems to be 348 EPA.

It’s a really big (and ungainly looking IMO) vehicle with large frontal area so not too surprising.
2019 MX and 2018 MX from Turo.

Also, Turo owner stipulated me 80% is set max charge, 90% is for long distance. But to get to 80% to 90% Tesla charge just isn’t as fast as Lucid charging speed in retrospect after now I own AGT.

In the Tesla it's easier to control the deceleration. Yes, my DE feels "jerky" in comparison.
I just love the high regen on the Air. It is much more powerful than the high setting on the Leaf. On the Leaf, I would still need to apply the brakes, especially coming down hills and the light changes to red. On the Air, I can comfortably decelerate with just one pedal. Do not find it jerky at all, especially after you get used to how much pressure you need to apply to the pedal.

Back