Tesla drops Model S/X pricing even further

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy cow. Elon is getting desperate. Tesla's sales numbers will definitely go up, but their margins will go way down and the stock will drop quite a bit I'd guess.

Holy cow. Elon is getting desperate. Tesla's sales numbers will definitely go up, but their margins will go way down and the stock will drop quite a bit I'd guess.
Hardly anyone buying a Model S or X. If you are in the market for an EV in that price range, you would rather pay an extra 10 or 15k and get a real luxury vehicle. Whats the point in buying a decade old design!

tyra-banks-snap.gif

He waited Lucid August Pure summer sale is over to start this. Strategy for him and not to accumulate excessive inventory.

Elon haters are getting desperate.

Model S and X have a negligible effect on Tesla margins and stock price.

Model S and X now exist for marketing reasons. And effect on stock price is very indirect.

I supposed Tesla engineer says cost to make a Model S is about $53k and about $5k more for Model X.

CAF15CBE-6BC0-43C7-989C-0A3EBA8AD55B.jpeg
49C34ED0-65A0-49B6-A94A-67D7F672096C.jpeg

Tesla price drop from Sep 2022 to Sep 2023
—————————————————
MS DM 105k to 80k = -23.8%
MS Plaid 136k to 90k = -33.8%

MX DM 121k to 80k = -33.8%
MX Plaid 139k to 90k = -35.3%

M3 RWD 47k to 40.2k = -14.3%
M3 LR 58k to 47.2k = -18.6%
M3 P-LR 63k to 53k = -15.9%

MY SR 62k to 47.7k = -23.1%
MY LR 66k to 50.5k = -23.5%
MY P-LR 70k to 55.5k = -20.7%

Tesla can be very competitive, they will isolate their owners for fast asset depreciation and shareholders to feel the pain of shrunk margin while Elon still can exercise his yearly 100M stock options to capitalize X app. 🧐

• Hmm
Reactions: DBV
Closing this one down because the last thing we need is yet another boring as fu$k debate about a car company that isn’t Lucid.

The news was an interesting data point. But that point has been made.

Beyond that, please, take your useless mud slinging battles about Tesla and Elon elsewhere. We don’t care here. We just don’t.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back