Swedish wheel nerd

TheNewAero_Alexander

Site Vendor
Cars
VW ID Buzz Cargo
Hello everyone,

I am one of three founders of The New Aero, aerodynamic aftermarket wheels. First of all I understand this might be in conflict with the forum rules. We might want to promote our wheels in this forum if we know that they fit. If anyone has taken delivery and can help us look up the following info about the wheel fitment that would be very helpful:
Centerbore
Offset
Bolt pattern (we guess 5x120)
Rim width front and rear (we guess 8,5" and 9")

This could most likely be found in the manual or can be measured but that takes more effort.

If we can clear this and the wheels fit we want to sell one set at a very discounted price to be able to get photos.

Carrara-Nikon-8.11.18205-scaled.jpg

I have a Tesla Model S and have been looking at your very attractive wheels for some time but, since you are only certified for Europe at the moment, I did not pursue it. However, I did post some time ago that I hoped Lucid would contact you to be a possible supplier for aero wheels, and I posted a link to your website on this forum. Again, it's:

I have an Air Dream Edition on order but don't yet have a delivery date. However, the specs you are seeking are not something a typical owner can readily ascertain unless Lucid provides them. I asked Lucid for this information several months ago but never got an answer. I don't have an owner's manual yet, but if I recall, that information is not included in the Tesla owner's manual or in the manuals of other cars I've owned.

As Lucid seems to be using the same tire sizes as the outgoing Model S versions, and as so many Lucid engineers are from Tesla, I suspect the Air uses the same wheel specs as Tesla.

I have ordered my Dream with the 21" forged wheels, and one of the things I was hoping to find out was the weight of those wheels compared to your forged 21" wheels. One thing I notice you offer that Lucid doesn't is a directional design whereby the left and right wheel vanes maintain the same forward rotation so that airflow patterns are identical on both sides of the car.

Aero wheels tend to be ugly beasts, and personally, I think your wheels are easily the most attractive aero wheels I've seen to date.

Last edited:
The wheels are certified for the US (or rather, there is no certificate required to sell in the US). The main reason we do not yet sell in the US is that we are setting up a US company for the US customers to buy from. For the convenience of both us and the customers. That will be in place soon.

Back