SW 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me too. Like a kid asking how many days until Christmas over and over. :)
Going to be a game changer to have instant boot up, instant update when changing profiles and immediate response to moving between screens

My very first car was a 72 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme... how funny.
Mine too…

It was even bigger boat than Lucid Air.

Time flies….

My first car, and still have it, 1968 Olds 4-4-2 convertible.
But do you have an auto graphed photo of Linda Vaughn ( Miss Hurst) to go with it?

But do you have an auto graphed photo of Linda Vaughn ( Miss Hurst) to go with it?
Unfortunately not. She was the thing riding on the rear deck holding the hurst shifter.

My very first car was a 72 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme... how funny.
Mine was a '69 Cutlass S "Holiday Coupe" with the high-compression engine. Interesting how many here started with a Cutlass.

Unfortunately not. She was the thing riding on the rear deck holding the hurst shifter.
Meant to say pretty young thing.

Just went through about seven pages of comments and have two comments of my own: firstly, I downloaded 2.0X over LTE. Tried Wi-Fi the first time and it bugged out and wasn’t interested in trying WiFi again. I know others did it over Wi-Fi so it works both ways. Just wanted to calm fears of those who had concerns about Wi-Fi or concerns about cellular. @Photon Empress & @borski I think download it over Wi-Fi. You get to choose

Second comment has to do with messaging. Again, to reiterate, I’m not employee of Lucid, I don’t have an NDA, I’m not sponsored, I’m not muzzled… I could postulate why I with some of the others were chosen to get this update before others but that’s a moot point.

We were so excited to get it and the few of us who did, wanted to reach out to the broader Lucid community to let them know that help was on the way and the knight in shining armor was right around the bend! We begged our Lucid contacts to release the hounds and let the story out. If I could put myself in all of your shoes, I think that I would have liked to know that help was on the way even if it was going to be “Coming Soon” before that update got to me.

We are not privy to the back-and-forth that they had internally but needless to say there were pros and cons on both sides for the public story released before actually showing up as a download in your cars. From what I understand, those who okayed it are getting blowback from those who said no to the public release. We cannot put that genie back in the bottle but here’s the true question, so dig deep inside and give an honest answer, because Lucid is probably listening:

Next time (there probably will be a variation of the next time, let’s be honest): should Lucid keep a cap on this information until it’s released to the broader fleet or, like this time, let the cat out of the bag? For the techie amongst us, maybe somebody can create a poll that is better worded?

Second comment has to do with messaging. Again, to reiterate, I’m not employee of Lucid, I don’t have an NDA, I’m not sponsored, I’m not muzzled… I could postulate why I with some of the others were chosen to get this update before others but that’s a moot point.

We were so excited to get it and the few of us who did, wanted to reach out to the broader Lucid community to let them know that help was on the way and the knight in shining armor was right around the bend! We begged our Lucid contacts to release the hounds and let the story out. If I could put myself in all of your shoes, I think that I would have liked to know that help was on the way even if it was going to be “Coming Soon” before that update got to me.

We are not privy to the back-and-forth that they had internally but needless to say there were pros and cons on both sides for the public story released before actually showing up as a download in your cars. From what I understand, those who okayed it are getting blowback from those who said no to the public release. We cannot put that genie back in the bottle but here’s the true question, so dig deep inside and give an honest answer, because Lucid is probably listening:

Next time (there probably will be a variation of the next time, let’s be honest): should Lucid keep a cap on this information until it’s released to the broader fleet or, like this time, let the cat out of the bag? For the techie amongst us, maybe somebody can create a poll that is better worded?

Hopefully, this is the last required large update. I think everything from this point will be for incremental updates.

Maybe 3.0 comes on Gravity

Wow, thanks @borski for posting your video! I know a lot of folks have been asking about specific features with the update, but my far the most important thing for me was overall stability and performance of the UI elements. In my opinion, new individual features are much more appreciated (and also easier to wait for!) if the base software is snappy and crashes are more of a rarity than a common occurrence.

Congrats Lucid team, sooo excited to download this update!

I, for one, would appreciate a more sophisticated approach to OTA updates.

First, let me say that I've selected my EVs (3 on order) specifically from non-traditional ICE manufacturers BECAUSE I appreciate the disruption of "the norm". I'm still getting requests to buy Navigation updates for some of my other cars ..:rolleyes: CarPlay wasn't an option on some of my newer Japanese vehicles (heck, my wife's 2018 Sequoia still has a physical key ..:rolleyes:) The EQS has no frunk ..🙄 This disruption is especially highlighted by OTA updates.

With our 2020 Tesla Model Y, we experienced the good and the bad of OTA updates:
- You never knew what was coming or when
- Without a lot of YouTube and Forum searching, you really didn't know what, specifically, was updated.
- Sometimes (as with a lot of software) something would be fixed, but 1 or more other things would be broken (e.g. the frunk-open msg that surprised my daughter while driving after an unexpected, overnight OTA update)
- That said, things did get better .. somewhat .. eventually.

I believe that Lucid can (and should) do better than the other(s).

I've been dealing with Technology for a long time, mostly with B2B hardware & software which must be delivered quickly, but has to work 100% of the time. The days of old mainframe development are too slow, but the newer "move fast and break things" approach may work well with social media apps, and even smartphones (to a lesser degree), but is too speculative and risky when dealing with vehicle manufacturing. IMHO, adoption of a more sophisticated approach that ensures Rapid Development, robust testing/QA, and a dynamic, yet transparent, release schedule is the key to making a brand like Lucid even better.

My approach would enable owners to make suggestions, track tentative release schedules, and get notified of upcoming releases (inclusive of what functionality is enhanced/affected/revised). Beta testers would also have a clearer idea of when to post certain, "upcoming features" content.

I've worked for a few vehicle manufactures and can, unequivocally say that more communication is better than less communication (even if some of the communication isn't as transparent .. for legal or strategic reasons .. as it could be).

my 2 cents.

Many have asked Lucid to create a Beta testing team comprised of customers, not employees, so having this small team really fulfills a desire by its customers. I have no problem with Lucid choosing whoever they wanted on that team for whatever reason. Just glad to have actual customers doing some acceptance testing.

I would love information on upcoming changes/fixes/features whether it is released by Lucid or the Beta team. I don't want Lucid to wait until it is being released, let us know what's coming...not just with the teaser tweets. If it's the beta team, every new thread needs to start with the admonition to wait for the release as new members come on wanting the upgrades and some of us need reminding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back