• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

SW 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do understand there is a need for taking real world user feedback is important. BUT without company providing earlier notice, beta testers sharing and giving insights out of the blue gives a feeling to rest of us as if we are cheated. We also bought this expensive car early as well and do expect a direct communication from LUCID.

I would suggest what will be better for LUCID. These are my suggestions:
1. Any update that is in Beta and real users (tester group) getting it, the wider segment should be informed about the new major version through news release / Twitter etc.
2. The release can provide insight in to the features included in the beta testing.
3. The release can provide timeframe when rest of the users can expect but shouldn't provide a date.
4. This is when beta testers should start sharing experiences and insight in to the version.
5. After the duration is about to complete Lucid can either give a date of release or to keep the interest in and enjoy element of surprise can release the version.

I think, this will still keep the community (early adopters like us) happy.

Hope this approach can be evaluated and implemented in some form.
I like this approach other than number 5. Since a timeframe has been released already (see #3), Lucid should just update that timeframe. I don’t see the benefit of a surprise here.

Most non-professional beta testers just want early access to software. They have no actual interest in reporting bugs or dealing with the really rough versions.

Unless you have a giant pool of public beta testers, you’ll get drips and drabs of good feedback from a handful of people at best. Given how small Lucid’s fleet is as the moment, I think they are wise to hold off on a more formal outside testing group. They will likely have one eventually, but I don’t think it would do them much good right now.
Expanding or opening beta program for larger audience is a BAD idea. Use trusted partners and go with them. I'm happy the way existing beta community worked in 2.0 update cycle. NOT happy the way we got to know about it.

It’s not going to happen, but I for one would prefer to get information from Lucid rather than curated comments from the fluffers. Who would take their valuable time to post thousands of times on a forum like this without a business purpose? Influencers? Lol jk haha.
People who are excited about the engineering and tech in the car, which represents the future of EVs, and love driving it.

2,201. How many per day is that? haha
I have not been that excited about anything since I hit puberty. Lol.
Agree. I feel like a little kid counting the minutes until Christmas morning. Gosh, what have we become?!?!

Agree. I feel like a little kid counting the minutes until Christmas morning. Gosh, what have we become?!?!
Seriously. There’s a new Lucid iOS app update just now. Taking that as a sign 😉🤦🏻‍♂️

Seriously. There’s a new Lucid iOS app update just now. Taking that as a sign 😉🤦🏻‍♂️
Downloaded, I feel like winning a scratch lotto little ticket.

Second comment has to do with messaging. Again, to reiterate, I’m not employee of Lucid, I don’t have an NDA, I’m not sponsored, I’m not muzzled… I could postulate why I with some of the others were chosen to get this update before others but that’s a moot point.

We were so excited to get it and the few of us who did, wanted to reach out to the broader Lucid community to let them know that help was on the way and the knight in shining armor was right around the bend! We begged our Lucid contacts to release the hounds and let the story out. If I could put myself in all of your shoes, I think that I would have liked to know that help was on the way even if it was going to be “Coming Soon” before that update got to me.

We are not privy to the back-and-forth that they had internally but needless to say there were pros and cons on both sides for the public story released before actually showing up as a download in your cars. From what I understand, those who okayed it are getting blowback from those who said no to the public release. We cannot put that genie back in the bottle but here’s the true question, so dig deep inside and give an honest answer, because Lucid is probably listening:

Next time (there probably will be a variation of the next time, let’s be honest): should Lucid keep a cap on this information until it’s released to the broader fleet or, like this time, let the cat out of the bag? For the techie amongst us, maybe somebody can create a poll that is better worded?
As the saying goes, no good deed goes unpunished. I think that Lucid couldn’t have chosen a better group to provide the first consumer beta test. I appreciate the feedback and answers to questions that you have provided. I personally felt a great sense of relief knowing that 2.0 is about to land and that it is a vast improvement.

I think Air production release is days close to first year anniversary. That is when OTA 2.0 is our bestowed present. Hopefully 2023 Thanksgiving will be 3.0. 😃

BUT without company providing earlier notice, beta testers sharing and giving insights out of the blue gives a feeling to rest of us as if we are cheated.
It takes a specific mindset to feel cheated when the company gives us the beta testing by owners we've been asking for just because we didn't know there was a new release being tested and they start posting about it. I'm happy the new software is coming out. I'm happy Lucid invited people to be beta testers. I'm happy there is no NDA and I hope there never is for the testing group. Guess I'm just more use to a "need to know" environment. I complained a few times in the annual employee satisfaction surveys - maybe they weren't as anonymous as publicized cuz I swear the VP was staring at me when he got to that part of the review.

Now that it's out in the open that there is a beta group, I hope in the future that Lucid will publicize that X is out being tested by the beta group and the beta group can post what their experiences are.

I'm with @Zombies on not wanting to be a beta tester. I have no idea what, if any requirements Lucid gave the group but I was part of a group for sports equipment and there was a very stringent and extensive list with access to specialized measuring equipment required. Maybe Lucid just told them to go out and play and do your normal daily activities. I also don't use many of the capabilities of the software that are available. Mess with Alexa? No. I've used Google Assistant linked to my Lucid account in the car. I won't start my Tidal trial until Android Auto is available so I can compare Amazon/Apple/Tidal together. I definitely don't fit the ideal profile of a beta tester.

Last edited:
It takes a specific mindset to feel cheated when the company gives us the beta testing by owners we've been asking for just because we didn't know there was a new release being tested and they start posting about it. I'm happy the new software is coming out. I'm happy Lucid invited people to be beta testers. I'm happy there is no NDA and I hope there never is for the testing group. Guess I'm just more use to a "need to know" environment.

Now that it's out in the open that there is a beta group, I hope in the future that Lucid will publicize that X is out being tested by the beta group and the beta group can post what their experiences are.

I'm with @Zombies on not wanting to be a beta tester. I have no idea what, if any requirements Lucid gave the group but I was part of a group for sports equipment and there was a very stringent and extensive list with access to specialized measuring equipment required. Maybe Lucid just told them to go out and play and do your normal daily activities. I also don't use many of the capabilities of the software that are available. Mess with Alexa? No. I've used Google Assistant linked to my Lucid account in the car. I won't start my Tidal trial until Android Auto is available so I can compare Amazon/Apple/Tidal together. I definitely don't fit the ideal profile of a beta tester.
Thanks for writing that. I started writing the same sentiments but deleted it for lack of eloquence. In short, if you are the kind of person who complains about not being chosen as a beta tester, you are probably not the best person to be chosen as a beta tester.

Mine was a '69 Cutlass S "Holiday Coupe" with the high-compression engine. Interesting how many here started with a Cutlass.
Not particularly surprising when you remember that Olds was always known as the “engineer’s car” (as opposed to Buick as the “doctor’s car”).

Not particularly surprising when you remember that Olds was always known as the “engineer’s car” (as opposed to Buick as the “doctor’s car”).
Most of GM’s groundbreaking engineering, including the Corvette, was transferred to other divisions within GM.

It takes a specific mindset to feel cheated when the company gives us the beta testing by owners we've been asking for just because we didn't know there was a new release being tested and they start posting about it. I'm happy the new software is coming out. I'm happy Lucid invited people to be beta testers. I'm happy there is no NDA and I hope there never is for the testing group. Guess I'm just more use to a "need to know" environment. I complained a few times in the annual employee satisfaction surveys - maybe they weren't as anonymous as publicized cuz I swear the VP was staring at me when he got to that part of the review.

100% on the bold.

I like this approach other than number 5. Since a timeframe has been released already (see #3), Lucid should just update that timeframe. I don’t see the benefit of a surprise here.
Yes I agree, this was just a
People who are excited about the engineering and tech in the car, which represents the future of EVs, and love driving it.
Yes the beta testers are great guys. I agree 💯%

Thanks for writing that. I started writing the same sentiments but deleted it for lack of eloquence. In short, if you are the kind of person who complains about not being chosen as a beta tester, you are probably not the best person to be chosen as a beta tester.
I never complained for not being beta tester. I complained about we were not made aware of the release in beta. I never want to be a beta tester for one reason I don't drive a lot and even if I qualify, I'll not do justice to the ask put on beta testers.

Well, how many here then bought a Saab 900 Turbo and then a 911?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back