SW 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, how many here then bought a Saab 900 Turbo and then a 911?
That’s a pretty distinct chain of purchase! I restored a BMW 2002 Tii and then bought a Volvo p1800 ES. Does that count?

What does this have to do with 2.0? Move this conversation to another thread or start your own, please.
You are right this Has nothing to do with 2.0 , just responding to the previous comment that also had nothing to do with 2.0, as the previous 7 posts. I’m sorry these conversational tangents are so upsetting to you. Forgive me and my fellow thread hijackers.

You are right this Has nothing to do with 2.0 , just responding to the previous comment that also had nothing to do with 2.0, as the previous 7 posts. I’m sorry these conversational tangents are so upsetting to you. Forgive me and my fellow thread hijackers.

It's actually VERY relevant. Those of us that started driving in the 70s and 80s have an entirely different perspective on the software. Cars then had no software. Just saying.

It's actually VERY relevant. Those of us that started driving in the 70s and 80s have an entirely different perspective on the software. Cars then had no software. Just saying.
PC wasn’t even invented. I was overjoyed when my dad brought home Apple 2 computer with green monochrome monitor and I picked up books to write BASIC, LISP and COBOL codes as kid for curiosity.

It is relevant I mention this because 2.0.0 is still looking forward to implement Apple CarPlay for us to be excited to use wide variety of non-native apps. Just saying.

PC wasn’t even invented. I was overjoyed when my dad brought home Apple 2 computer with green monochrome monitor and I picked up books to write BASIC, LISP and COBOL codes as kid for curiosity.

It is relevant I mention this because 2.0.0 is still looking forward to implement Apple CarPlay for us to be excited to use wide variety of non-native apps. Just saying.
Ok .. I promise this will be my first and last non-2.0 post on this thread ...

But, since the Apple II was my first "big" computer purchase (which, as a young pup, took me a while to be able to afford) .. thought I'd share my "beauty" 😜 .. which I still have!

Attachments

• IMG_1092.jpeg
    IMG_1092.jpeg
    370.1 KB · Views: 87
Sadly cars with computing systems and hardware are a complete black box to 95% of us out there. And of the the remaining 5% a tiny fraction can hack into the systems to change things. Gone are the days of the shade tree mechanic and hot rodding. Hell even getting an aftermarket stereo system can no longer be done with the integration of all the cars systems

Sadly cars with computing systems and hardware are a complete black box to 95% of us out there. And of the the remaining 5% a tiny fraction can hack into the systems to change things. Gone are the days of the shade tree mechanic and hot rodding. Hell even getting an aftermarket stereo system can no longer be done with the integration of all the cars systems
Yeah all my mechE friends are mad about the shift to EVs, and all my software Eng friends are thrilled, haha.

Yeah all my mechE friends are mad about the shift to EVs, and all my software Eng friends are thrilled, haha.
People tell me i'm too focused on the cars software and a car is just a car and doesn't need so much emphasis on software. But working in IT for 20+ years you can see the transition that is taking place and can see why mechE's are mad because we're in the middle of a huge transitional shift. Cars have become computers on wheels and old school car manufacturers are struggling to adapt with the new reality that the hardware and software need to work together and well with more emphasis on the software. I think Lucid, Rivian, Tesla etc. are all in very good positions. Yes, the old boys are great at manufacturing but you can see what Tesla has done in 10 years of manufacturing that the old boys haven't even bothered to streamline etc.

I see this as the iPhone era. Nokia and Motorola were kings they just stuck to what worked and didn't really adapt or more so adapt quickly enough. Apple came in and obliterated them. I remember when the iPhone was announced people laughed at it and said "who wants a touch screen phone" etc. and look where we are today. I see this in the automotive space, Tesla, Lucid and Rivian are Apple the old boys are Nokia and Motorola who are struggling to adapt. Now the question I have with the old boys is......... who will survive?

People tell me i'm too focused on the cars software and a car is just a car and doesn't need so much emphasis on software. But working in IT for 20+ years you can see the transition that is taking place and can see why mechE's are mad because we're in the middle of a huge transitional shift. Cars have become computers on wheels and old school car manufacturers are struggling to adapt with the new reality that the hardware and software need to work together and well with more emphasis on the software. I think Lucid, Rivian, Tesla etc. are all in very good positions. Yes, the old boys are great at manufacturing but you can see what Tesla has done in 10 years of manufacturing that the old boys haven't even bothered to streamline etc.

I see this as the iPhone era. Nokia and Motorola were kings they just stuck to what worked and didn't really adapt or more so adapt quickly enough. Apple came in and obliterated them. I remember when the iPhone was announced people laughed at it and said "who wants a touch screen phone" etc. and look where we are today. I see this in the automotive space, Tesla, Lucid and Rivian are Apple the old boys are Nokia and Motorola who are struggling to adapt. Now the question I have with the old boys is......... who will survive?
Planet will survive for sure, others will adapt by force but will continue to lag behind or some will eventually shut the doors. But that will require Model 2 and some thing on Lucid in that price range.

DreamDrive™ system offers more than 30 driver-assistance features, including collision avoidance, Traffic Jam assist, and Highway Assist

@borski and other folks who have used V2.0 --> Have you tried out Traffic Jam assist? Is it just Highway Assist at lower speeds?

@borski and other folks who have used V2.0 --> Have you tried out Traffic Jam assist? Is it just Highway Assist at lower speeds?

I am on 2.0. I don't believe Traffic Jam Assist is around yet, but the ACC combined with Highway Assist has done just fine for me in bumper-to-bumper traffic on my evening commute.

I am on 2.0. I don't believe Traffic Jam Assist is around yet, but the ACC combined with Highway Assist has done just fine for me in bumper-to-bumper traffic on my evening commute.
I would like to see a new thread started that lists all of the features that we already purchased but not yet implemented after the 2.0 release.

I think the actual elements of Dream Drive Pro are the biggest uncertainty. Searching the forum does provide some statements from Lucid in the past. But if you look at Lucid’s website today they have completely removed any detailed description of DD Pro features and functionality.

The other obvious features not in 2.0 are AA and ACP. I’m sure there are others. It would be great to have a thread that tracks promised and paid for features and their arrival.

I could not agree more. I also agree the software is massively important; I was... nervous about the 1.0 software, but believed it would get better. With 2.0, every nerve of mine is calmed. :)

Traffic Jam Assist just means that when the lane marking are unavailable or otherwise obscured (as happens on some highways), it will follow the car ahead of you instead of following the lane markings. You wouldn't see anything change in the UI, so I'm not actually sure if it's activated yet. I will say that Highway Assist, at least on the highways here in the bay area so far, has been absolutely flawless.

See here: https://manual.deneb.prod.infotainm...1D__GUID-F275EDE5-905E-4536-BB03-5AE9A9FA0B06

I would like to see a new thread started that lists all of the features that we already purchased but not yet implemented after the 2.0 release.

I think the actual elements of Dream Drive Pro are the biggest uncertainty. Searching the forum does provide some statements from Lucid in the past. But if you look at Lucid’s website today they have completely removed any detailed description of DD Pro features and functionality.

The other obvious features not in 2.0 are AA and ACP. I’m sure there are others. It would be great to have a thread that tracks promised and paid for features and their arrival.
The biggest DD Pro feature is Highway Pilot, aka true handsfree highway driving. I suspect that It will be a good bit of time before we see that.

Does it pickup from a complete stop though or do you have to reengage it?

Does it pickup from a complete stop though or do you have to reengage it?
That’s actually a good question; I have yet to come to a complete stop in highway traffic, so I don’t know! ACC requires you to re-engage it after a complete stop, by either tapping the accelerator or pushing up on the speed adjustment toggle. This makes sense since you can use ACC off-highway and you don’t want to accidentally run a red light or stop sign, but I don’t know how Highway Assist handles a complete stop in traffic on the highway yet!

Not Palm Pilot nor Blackberry…

I turned on Wi-Fi in the car, just in case!
How fast is the Wifi? Any limit on data if someone in the back seat wants to use a tablet and stream Video?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back