SW 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually have v2.07 as well. Used it to drive back from Vandenberg Space Force Station to Hawthorne Mission Control today, which is about ~150mi drive. Used Highway Assist for a large chunk of it. Here is some data:

• Had to upgrade to 2.01 first which didn't seemingly change much. I think it was just device firmware. 1 hour update
  • Then had to upgrade to 2.04. This was a massive update, took forever to download and 3 hours to install. This greatly improved system performance with maps loading much, much faster than before and general system responsiveness becoming radically improved.
  • Finally I got 2.07 yesterday, don't know the file size but it was a 1 hour update as well. This unlocked highway assist which does lane keeping. It is a bit different than how Tesla does it. If you move the wheel to change lanes it will temporarily disengage lane keeping, but then as soon as you stop moving it will re-engage automagically. It won't change lanes for you, but the way they do it was pretty seamless.
    • Didn't have any close calls. Car did a great job on the freeway.
    • No phantom braking like my Teslas. Was a smooth ride!
  • Still no way to have something like music and nav up concurrently, although the turn by turn directions do appear where the Air logo sits on the center screen. Can't remember if the v1 firmware did that.
  • No CarPlay or Android Auto from what I could see
For anyone interested let me know and I'll see what other data I can get you. No glaring bugs that I have found just yet (maybe one,) so I assume that they are pretty close to deploy.
View attachment 5271
View attachment 5272
I was 4 updates behind. Im happy to get my car back today to see SC updated every versions; now I just learned I’m actually 3 updates behind again and 5 hours total to download and install. This is pretty exciting time ahead! This is drastically different from the time I got this GT in April, my first update was 7 weeks in between.

Me too. My car is in for full PPF and tint. Hoping that when I get it back, I see a beautiful dot on the settings tab at the bottom of the pilot panel.

Oh, is that how you know that a software update is waiting to be installed, the blue dot on the Settings tab?

I’ve received several software updates on weekends from Lucid, so hoping to get it before Monday!
I with inquired with customer support about getting Version 2.0 push out to me and they promptly responded that the update went out to only the beta testers with no ETA for the rest of the fleet. I then asked how can I volunteer to be a beta tester, which I now understand is a very popular question with Lucid and at this time they are not accepting more volunteers.

Picked my GT up on Friday and the Short Hills, NJ studio rep told me Carplay should be released in November...
My DA was very thrilled today when he delivered me back AGT. He told me there are many features coming up in the pipeline will basically blow away the legacy ICE makers coming EVs in the coming 2 years. He emphasized that these legacy brands cannot compete to close the gap of lagging software behind Lucid / Rivian / Tesla ground up EV companies, and maybe only Ford can get close bc Ford is actually trying very hard to transform their business model. I asked for more details. He said he is not in liberty to elaborate.

I always have faith here believe in spirit of Lucid’s innovation, maybe I’m just being romantically waiting for more, exciting time ahead!

No. Also, Tidal has not cut out once when playing Atmos-encoded tracks.
This one I got to see it to believe it!

These recent 1.2.185, 1.2.19, 1.2.20, 1.2.21 seems made by Tidal less reliable than before.

I with inquired with customer support about getting Version 2.0 push out to me and they promptly responded that the update went out to only the beta testers with no ETA for the rest of the fleet. I then asked how can I volunteer to be a beta tester, which I now understand is a very popular question with Lucid and at this time they are not accepting more volunteers.
I would expect them to open it back up as more cars hit the road. We will see. I would certainly enjoy being a beta tester as well.

Guys!
We are all cranky waiting for long delivery. Of our AGT. But we should really thank Peter Rawlinson this summer grinding hard at AMP-1 to fill up these Delivery Centers parking lots now and we should also thank him make key decision to hire this key guy Derrick Carty into company from Apple recently.

Haha I’m not that cool. The folks who have it are a very very tight circle of low single digits in terms of number of people. I know it’s going out very soon, and I’m excited to see folks receive it!
I don't even have my car yet and I'm excited!

Thanx for sharing my Twitter thread. I wanted to jump over here and post but time got away from me... #WorkHardWorkHarder! Glad that @borski is giving you the 411. He's sooooo right. ORDERS OF MAGNITUDE better! BUT please be patients with Lucid! We were begging to let the cat out of the bag to share with y'all and that was tempered with Lucid being worried about the "how about me" avalanche!

I actually have v2.07 as well. Used it to drive back from Vandenberg Space Force Station to Hawthorne Mission Control today, which is about ~150mi drive. Used Highway Assist for a large chunk of it. Here is some data:

• Had to upgrade to 2.01 first which didn't seemingly change much. I think it was just device firmware. 1 hour update
  • Then had to upgrade to 2.04. This was a massive update, took forever to download and 3 hours to install. This greatly improved system performance with maps loading much, much faster than before and general system responsiveness becoming radically improved.
  • Finally I got 2.07 yesterday, don't know the file size but it was a 1 hour update as well. This unlocked highway assist which does lane keeping. It is a bit different than how Tesla does it. If you move the wheel to change lanes it will temporarily disengage lane keeping, but then as soon as you stop moving it will re-engage automagically. It won't change lanes for you, but the way they do it was pretty seamless.
    • Didn't have any close calls. Car did a great job on the freeway.
    • No phantom braking like my Teslas. Was a smooth ride!
  • Still no way to have something like music and nav up concurrently, although the turn by turn directions do appear where the Air logo sits on the center screen. Can't remember if the v1 firmware did that.
  • No CarPlay or Android Auto from what I could see
For anyone interested let me know and I'll see what other data I can get you. No glaring bugs that I have found just yet (maybe one,) so I assume that they are pretty close to deploy.
View attachment 5271
View attachment 5272
These are great/spot on notes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back