SW 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually have v2.07 as well. Used it to drive back from Vandenberg Space Force Station to Hawthorne Mission Control today, which is about ~150mi drive. Used Highway Assist for a large chunk of it. Here is some data:

• Had to upgrade to 2.01 first which didn't seemingly change much. I think it was just device firmware. 1 hour update
  • Then had to upgrade to 2.04. This was a massive update, took forever to download and 3 hours to install. This greatly improved system performance with maps loading much, much faster than before and general system responsiveness becoming radically improved.
  • Finally I got 2.07 yesterday, don't know the file size but it was a 1 hour update as well. This unlocked highway assist which does lane keeping. It is a bit different than how Tesla does it. If you move the wheel to change lanes it will temporarily disengage lane keeping, but then as soon as you stop moving it will re-engage automagically. It won't change lanes for you, but the way they do it was pretty seamless.
    • Didn't have any close calls. Car did a great job on the freeway.
    • No phantom braking like my Teslas. Was a smooth ride!
  • Still no way to have something like music and nav up concurrently, although the turn by turn directions do appear where the Air logo sits on the center screen. Can't remember if the v1 firmware did that.
  • No CarPlay or Android Auto from what I could see
For anyone interested let me know and I'll see what other data I can get you. No glaring bugs that I have found just yet (maybe one,) so I assume that they are pretty close to deploy.
IMG_0086.jpg

IMG_0085.jpg

Last edited:
If they're willing to increment it to 2.0, that's a big step. Obviously apple car play and some other things people are looking for are still on the TBD (to be delivered) list, but at least this is progress.
Assuming earlier reports that Lucid is awaiting Apple approval for CarPlay are accurate, I am glad they are going ahead without it for now. No reason to hold back the other improvements in the meantime. And then they get to make a big splash about CarPlay/Android Auto as well.

I actually have v2.07 as well. Used it to drive back from Vandenberg Space Force Station to Hawthorne Mission Control today, which is about ~150mi drive. Used Highway Assist for a large chunk of it. Here is some data:

• Had to upgrade to 2.01 first which didn't seemingly change much. I think it was just device firmware. 1 hour update
  • Then had to upgrade to 2.04. This was a massive update, took forever to download and 3 hours to install. This greatly improved system performance with maps loading much, much faster than before and general system responsiveness becoming radically improved.
  • Finally I got 2.07 yesterday, don't know the file size but it was a 1 hour update as well. This unlocked highway assist which does lane keeping. It is a bit different than how Tesla does it. If you move the wheel to change lanes it will temporarily disengage lane keeping, but then as soon as you stop moving it will re-engage automagically. It won't change lanes for you, but the way they do it was pretty seamless.
  • Still no way to have something like music and nav up concurrently, although the turn by turn directions do appear where the Air logo sits on the center screen. Can't remember if the v1 firmware did that.
For anyone interested let me know and I'll see what other data I can get you. No glaring bugs that I have found just yet (maybe one,) so I assume that they are pretty close to deploy.
Thanks. How long does it take to boot?

Still no way to have nav and music? Ridiculous
Kinda? I mean you do get turn-by-turn instructions on the middle screen with music on the right screen. So you can kinda do it. But if you want maps and music then you have to pick one or the other.

View attachment 5271
View attachment 5272
I'm shocked reading your post. There is a Space Force station in Vandenberg?! Do you have light sabers and ewoks there?

Assuming earlier reports that Lucid is awaiting Apple approval for CarPlay are accurate, I am glad they are going ahead without it for now. No reason to hold back the other improvements in the meantime. And then they get to make a big splash about CarPlay/Android Auto as well.
Picked my GT up on Friday and the Short Hills, NJ studio rep told me Carplay should be released in November...

Kinda? I mean you do get turn-by-turn instructions on the middle screen with music on the right screen. So you can kinda do it. But if you want maps and music then you have to pick one or the other.
I don’t care about the visuals. Does the NAV screw up the audio or the audio screw up the NAV? This is what I’ve encountered every time.

Did you do something special to get such an early update? Or did it just show up?

Still no way to have nav and music? Ridiculous
Nav shows up on the left screen in place of the Air logo, albeit only the next turn and the following turn. But: switching between music and nav is so insanely fast now that you're not going to mind much, I promise. Everything is so insanely fast.

This is a multiple orders of magnitude better update, not just an incremental boost.

Nav shows up on the left screen in place of the Air logo, albeit only the next turn and the following turn. But: switching between music and nav is so insanely fast now that you're not going to mind much, I promise. Everything is so insanely fast.

This is a multiple orders of magnitude better update, not just an incremental boost.
Oh, and mobile key (which I had unending issues with) is entirely flawless now.

If I wasn’t having customer service issues at the West Palm service center, I would be stoked about this.

Sort of disappointed that CarPlay is still absent though.

I’m very curious if there are noticeable performance enhancements.

So far I think the longest time I have seen is about 10 seconds. I just went over to grab pics and I think it took about 3 seconds.
Yeah, the goal is less than 5 seconds from door unlock to full boot. It's nearly instant.

If I wasn’t having customer service issues at the West Palm service center, I would be stoked about this.

Yeah, I wish it had CarPlay too, but that is stalled on Apple's end, not Lucid's. Theres's not much they can do about that except continue to try to get it approved.

Reactions: NPN

Software performance is radically better in v2. It's a night and day difference.

I don’t care about the visuals. Does the NAV screw up the audio or the audio screw up the NAV? This is what I’ve encountered every time.
I have not heard that happening in v2. But I'm also not sure I heard that in v1 either?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back