Suggestions for charging and restaurants in the Flagstaff area

OCDC

Referal code = U5RO5CBT
Verified Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cars
V60 Polestar, AGT
I'm heading out on a road trip to northern AZ this week from SoCal. Anyone have recommendations for charging and restaurants in the greater Flagstaff area?

For restaurants, Pizzicletta at Dark Sky Brewing. Great pizza and beer.

I was just there last night. Pizzicletta was closed unfortunately, but I imagine it's open again tonight. While I was at dinner nearby, I charged for a while at the train station, on a bunch of L2 chargers that were free to use (Chargepoint, or EVgo... I can't quite remember).

I left to drive home to the Salt Lake City area later that night, stopping at the EA station in a walmart parking lot in Flagstaff. Used a 350kW charger (3 of 4 were functioning, and there was no line), and it worked at speed up to 85% charge. Easy peasy.

For a nice dinner, we like Josephine's. It's an old craftsman-style home that was converted into a nice cozy restaurant. The EA station in Flagstaff is conveniently located, and we have never had a wait.

I was just there last night. Pizzicletta was closed unfortunately, but I imagine it's open again tonight. While I was at dinner nearby, I charged for a while at the train station, on a bunch of L2 chargers that were free to use (Chargepoint, or EVgo... I can't quite remember).

I left to drive home to the Salt Lake City area later that night, stopping at the EA station in a walmart parking lot in Flagstaff. Used a 350kW charger (3 of 4 were functioning, and there was no line), and it worked at speed up to 85% charge. Easy peasy.

Hi! DId you drive from Flagstaff to Salt Lake City via Kanab, Utah? We did that route on our AZ to WA trip in June, and plan it again on our return this weekend. It's a bit unnerving to have just one charging station between Flagstaff and Cedar City, unless we divert through St. George, but it's a nice drive.

I've stopped to charge in Flagstaff twice so far. Once going TO PHoenix (it was uneventful and the charger gave out decent 180 speed peak). The 2nd time 10 days later, however, involved a 24 minute wait for a charger and being on the same one, maxed out at 42kW so after a painful 22 minutes, had enough juice to make it easily enough to Winslow where there was once again no wait and 180 peak available! I can't comment on eating though-- we just waited around the car and talked to some of the other EV drivers there while we waited the 2nd time and 1st time it was pouring rain so we waited in the car.

Hi! DId you drive from Flagstaff to Salt Lake City via Kanab, Utah? We did that route on our AZ to WA trip in June, and plan it again on our return this weekend. It's a bit unnerving to have just one charging station between Flagstaff and Cedar City, unless we divert through St. George, but it's a nice drive.
Yes, I did. I'm in a 2025 Grand Touring. I charged to 85% in Flagstaff, and made it to an EA station in Beaver with just under 20% SoC. I generally drove the speed limit, or the speed limit +5.

As I recall, there were some other branded charging stations in between Flagstaff and Beaver, but I didn't stop to check them out. I think I passed one other EA charging station, but I don't quite recall. If I remember correctly, the state of Utah planned to put EA (or EA-affiliated) fast charging stations every 50 miles along Interstate 15, and many seem to be popping up already.

Dark Sky was a great suggestion, thanks! The Bee's Knees and a stout hit the spot!

I'll have to come back later to try Josephine's. 😊

Back