Strange Behavior

I was actually disappointed on my initial test drive to find that the left-hand panel is static. You’d think this would be a great place to put buttons dynamically. Or, possibly, have it programmable. Living in San Diego where it never rains, I’d rather have my homelink there. Or at least have them pop up there when I am near my home. It seems a shame to put a screen there and have only static buttons. Why not use it to its fullest capability by having it user-definable or at least changing based on conditions and location?

I was actually disappointed on my initial test drive to find that the left-hand panel is static. You’d think this would be a great place to put buttons dynamically. Or, possibly, have it programmable. Living in San Diego where it never rains, I’d rather have my homelink there. Or at least have them pop up there when I am near my home. It seems a shame to put a screen there and have only static buttons. Why not use it to its fullest capability by having it user-definable or at least changing based on conditions and location?
That screen can be programmed too. It is static button bc traditionally, all your hood openers, lights, defrosters are all lumped to that area of steering wheel. Lucid didn’t make analog buttons, they make digital buttons, so there may be more things to be configured in future OTA update. Their design intent is to make that area static only for toggle switches.

That screen can be programmed too. It is static button bc traditionally, all your hood openers, lights, defrosters are all lumped to that area of steering wheel. Lucid didn’t make analog buttons, they make digital buttons, so there may be more things to be configured in future OTA update. Their design intent is to make that area static only for toggle switches.
It seems like the ideal place for Homelink to pop up when necessary without changing any of the camera views.

How do you turn mobile key option off? I only turned my phone Bluetooth off, is there something more than just that?
I just don't have my phone as a mobile key...lol

I just don't have my phone as a mobile key...lol
How about more information. Is there a setting in the app. or in the car to turn off the mobile key portion and still use the rest of the app.?

That is ridiculous.

Three or more garage doors plus an entry gate is fairly common where I live. And, since this is a winter haven for many people who live up north in the warmer months, this is not their only home. Fifteen codes might be excessive, but the more common three codes will be insufficient for a lot of Lucid owners.

The issue seems to me to be accessing those codes readily, both when arriving and departing.

How about more information. Is there a setting in the app. or in the car to turn off the mobile key portion and still use the rest of the app.?
You don't set it up and if you have remove it.

You got it. Yes you need to have the car in front of the community gate when programming so that it will remember that location.
which blocks everyone from entering while you are busy programming. FYI... is is not seconds. :rolleyes:

The issue seems to me to be accessing those codes readily, both when arriving and departing.
When arriving, DPS point delta is easy detected to bring up drop down menu, when leaving garage, that is tricky behavior, you may be sitting down in your car for long time to listen music.

Not sure what you mean.

I have several remotes in my house that control multiple things. There is one button to choose what you're controlling, and then the other buttons shift to controlling that device. A mirror could have buttons controlling House 1, House 2, House 3, etc., with which house determined by one additional button.

The Homelink on our Tesla brings up the buttons to operate the garage doors as soon as we back out of the garage, just as it does when we approach the garage. Those buttons are simply overlaid on the main screen display. Lucid obviously has geofencing, as the Homelink buttons come up when we approach the garage. It's a mystery to me why they don't come up when we exit the garage. I know the camera views are on display during backing, but so are they in our Tesla, yet it still brings up the Homelink buttons at the bottom of the camera display.

Overlay, is what I was looking for but I do like the idea that it pops up on the static panel on the left screen.

I'll piggy back on this thread even though my strange behavior is a little bit different. Two weeks ago after the latest system update, I noticed that my car did not lock or shut down after I had left the vehicle. The first time, I walked away and returned to the car several hours later and noted that the car had not locked/shut down. I drove to my office later that day and several hours later, one of my staff asked if the lights are supposed to stay on. This was again several hours later so I went to down and noted that again, the car had not shut down. I locked it with the mobile app. I had not left any key fobs or my cell phone in the car either time.

It hasn't happened again, but now I'm a bit more OCD about making sure the car locks/shuts down after I walk away. I used to walk away care-free knowing that the car would shut down on its own, but now I pause for several seconds after walking the appropriate distance away from the car.

When arriving, DPS point delta is easy detected to bring up drop down menu, when leaving garage, that is tricky behavior, you may be sitting down in your car for long time to listen music.

???

In our Tesla, the menu comes up just as we're clearing the garage door when backing out of the garage.

Overlay, is what I was looking for but I do like the idea that it pops up on the static panel on the left screen.
I was thinking the same thing. Somewhere on the left screen would definitely be worth exploring. No chance it interrupts your cameras or other functions that way.

So something strange is going on with my Dream P. My wife went out to the garage this morning and while she was there the car "woke up". She didn't have anything on her that should have caused this to happen. So I went to the garage after she came in and the car was locked as usual. I didn't have my fob or iPhone with me. While I was moving some stuff around the car again woke itself up. I walked over and pushed in the door handle and it locked and went back to sleep. Then a short while later it woke itself up again. I have never noticed this behavior before and now I'm wondering if it might do this while parked somewhere else?? The only thing I'm aware of that is new is the phone app updated yesterday and now I'm thinking maybe that has something to do with this behavior?? Anyone else seeing this happen?
Maybe someone else answered this as I plan to but I didn't want to Wade through the threads. I was storing my fob on a hook in my laundry room a good 25 feet from the auto. The Lucid would wake up when I entered the garage without the fob or phone. I discovered the cause when the fob battery expired after 4 to 6 weeks. The fob and car were in constant communication. I resolved the issue by storing my fob and phone further away from the car. I hope this helps. DC

Regarding cabin temp hold, if you get back in the car and just hit the fan button or temp button it'll disable the temp hold and keep your ac on 😁

Interesting. I have the updated app and v1.2.6 on the car. I have my Fobs in a faraday bag and the phone quite a distance away. Faraday bag worked well as the car as the car stayed locked and in a deep sleep even when the fob was by the drivers door. Took a LOOOONG time to awake when I pulled the fob out of the pouch. No real loss of charge overnight. Not shire what would wake it for you.

Just kidding but perhaps your neighbor also has a Lucid and his fob recognizes your car while he walks the dog!
I’m told by a lucid tech that the fobs will talk to each other if stored too close to each other. This would explain why my wife’s fob battery discharged on a 6 day road trip when it had never been pulled from the delivery box until our trip. The box had been a good 75 feet from the car.

I’m told by a lucid tech that the fobs will talk to each other if stored too close to each other. This would explain why my wife’s fob battery discharged on a 6 day road trip when it had never been pulled from the delivery box until our trip. The box had been a good 75 feet from the car.

Good to know, thanks!

Back