Steering wheel creaking

I had my wheel replaced twice. The third version still creaked. I applied a bead of superglue in the small seams between the plastic halves of the steering wheel body (four spots a few inches long each). It’s perfectly silent now. If you go this route use a glue with a very narrow applicator tip.
Would you be willing to meet up (I'm in Edina) to show me how to do this. I would bribe/pay you!

I asked the service person they said they could re build the steering wheel they take it apart and put it back together air bag too.

Does this help?
Has anyone found solution from service that stops creak I can suggest ??

I asked the service person they said they could re build the steering wheel they take it apart and put it back together air bag too.

Does this help?
Has anyone found solution from service that stops creak I can suggest ??
They put foam tape in mine over a year ago and hasn't creaked since.

Supposed to be getting yet another wheel next week. Will report back with outcome..

Just had my wheel replaced from Version 1 to Version 4. Much much improved. No creaks or squeaks. Though I think the leather feels different, less supple I think, but it's subjective.

Reactions: BAW
UPDATE:
I received the latest steering wheel today. We took it for a test drive and there is NO noise. I am hoping it will remain this way ! 🤞
Things I learned:
- The service technician has seen the issue all over the place including their own loaners
- He uses the term "clicking" to describe the noise.
- My previous wheel (received May/2023) was one version behind the one he installed today
- The noise is definitely not coming from the plastic casing below the wheel. Or from pressure to it via the wheel. Its coming from the wheel itself.

I hope this information is helpful to others..

Just to reinforce BAW's observations. I got the latest steering wheel installed last week, and it's been completely silent all week long. 🤞

(Also, they replaced the "grill trim" in front of the hood, and the "wind whistling" that was driving me CRAZY, is completely gone! The HVAC buttons which were rattling before were replaced as well. Now the car is COMPLETELY silent. I swear its like I got a new car back! I LOVE IT so much more now.

Just to reinforce BAW's observations. I got the latest steering wheel installed last week, and it's been completely silent all week long. 🤞

(Also, they replaced the "grill trim" in front of the hood, and the "wind whistling" that was driving me CRAZY, is completely gone! The HVAC buttons which were rattling before were replaced as well. Now the car is COMPLETELY silent. I swear it’s like I got a new car back! I LOVE IT so much more now.
We had our steering wheel replaced too (car was returned to us yesterday) and it’s a night and day difference.

I messaged my service advisor today about this issue. He hasn’t acknowledge me yet. Wonder if he still works for lucid!

Had the same issues. Lucid service tried to fix using felt tape but that actually made it worse. Decided to use Blaster Dry Lube, which sprays on wet but leaves a dry film similar to teflon. Sprayed in all the crevices in the wheel itself and the housing - it does leave a white dry film so you have to wipe up any overspray. But it worked like a charm - wheel is now absolutely silent.

UPDATE:

The wheel was completely silent for the first 2-3 weeks. Then gradually the creaking/clicking has returned. So no go on my 3rd steering wheel :(

Its a tough problem, i think they minimized creeking to 90%, but still get a little creek

UPDATE:

The wheel was completely silent for the first 2-3 weeks. Then gradually the creaking/clicking has returned. So no go on my 3rd steering wheel :(
Sadly I think I'm in the same boat as you. 3rd wheel was blissfully silent for 2 or 3 weeks, and now the clicking is slowly beginning to return. I really hope they can find a permanent fix.

My new to me ‘23 Touring has developed the creak after 300 miles. Woooo! Feel like I’m Part of the crew now. Is it something that can be replaced or taped up via mobile. I don’t really care how they fix it as long as they can silence it for some time.

My new to me ‘23 Touring has developed the creak after 300 miles. Woooo! Feel like I’m Part of the crew now. Is it something that can be replaced or taped up via mobile. I don’t really care how they fix it as long as they can silence it for some time.
Rear deck? Use foam! Put mine in 12k miles ago and it’s never creaked again

If I recall correctly, a temporary fix was applied to mine at a mobile service appointment but the full replacement wheel happened at a service center.

Back