Steering wheel creaking

Mine has started becoming much more pronounced, are they still doing steering wheel replacements for creaking?
Mine is scheduled to be replaced in 2 weeks with supposedly yet another "new revision" lol. I wonder how many new revisions and for how many years they will continue to keep updating the steering wheel

Mine is scheduled to be replaced in 2 weeks with supposedly yet another "new revision" lol. I wonder how many new revisions and for how many years they will continue to keep updating the steering wheel
Hopefully not for too much longer. I'm also having mine replaced again next week. Third time is the charm? 🤞

I have an appointment in a couple weeks for something else, they said they would look at my creaky steering wheel

Mobile guy came out and added felt strips to the steering wheel. Needless to say it didn’t work so they’re coming out again in a few weeks.

Mobile guy came out and added felt strips to the steering wheel. Needless to say it didn’t work so they’re coming out again in a few weeks.
Yeah they did the felt strips on mine and it didn't do much of anything. It wasn't until I got a newer designed wheel that it's now solid and silent.

So mobile service swapped out my wheel for a brand new revision last week and it was quiet for a couple days and now it's back to creaking ugh! Anyone know if they have another kind of fix that worked?

So mobile service swapped out my wheel for a brand new revision last week and it was quiet for a couple days and now it's back to creaking ugh! Anyone know if they have another kind of fix that worked

I don’t think they have a fix :(

As mentioned earlier in this thread, multiple wheel replacements, multiple service on the wheels themselves (putting felt inside basically).
And all the loaners I have driven have it very bad.
Definitely temperature dependent
Less noticeable in colder weather (<40F)

So mobile service swapped out my wheel for a brand new revision last week and it was quiet for a couple days and now it's back to creaking ugh! Anyone know if they have another kind of fix that worked?
I'm getting mine replaced again on Monday, so we'll see. I'm not optimistic it'll help for long, though.

I don’t think they have a fix :(

As mentioned earlier in this thread, multiple wheel replacements, multiple service on the wheels themselves (putting felt inside basically).
And all the loaners I have driven have it very bad.
Definitely temperature dependent
Less noticeable in colder weather (<40F)
I am curious about the people that say they’ve had it replaced and now it’s rock solid and quiet. Vs the people who say they’ve had it replaced multiple times with continued creaking. Maybe there’s some variation in the wheels and Some are manufactured to a better spec than others?

I don't know what the difference is either, but I'm approaching 8k miles on my 2023 Touring without a peep out of the steering wheel. Or a shelf rattle/creak. Or a battery issue. Or a turtle. Or a stuck door. I've jinxed myself now by saying this I'm sure, but I haven't had any of the defects that seem common based on this forum. I'm not that lucky, so I can only imagine these issues are the exception, not the norm, at least on post-2022 cars.

I am curious about the people that say they’ve had it replaced and now it’s rock solid and quiet. Vs the people who say they’ve had it replaced multiple times with continued creaking. Maybe there’s some variation in the wheels and Some are manufactured to a better spec than others?
Good question. I had my wheel replaced and it never creaked again. Going on 6 months or so, in various temperatures. So I’m always curious when others have had theirs replaced more recently and still have issues.

Yes it’s a great question. Doesn’t make any sense.

I wonder if it has something to do with the pressure applied by some to the steering wheel as they exit the car? I’ve seen people in varying makes of car put virtually all their weight on the wheel as they lift themselves out of the car. Just a thought.

I wonder if it has something to do with the pressure applied by some to the steering wheel as they exit the car? I’ve seen people in varying makes of car put virtually all their weight on the wheel as they lift themselves out of the car. Just a thought.
No :)

I don't think so. I never use it to exit the car.

I first noticed the creaking sound and/or a popping feeling when turning the wheel after about 1000 miles. It became frequent enough that I had mobile service repair it at about 2500 miles. The repair if anything seemed to make it slightly worse, so I am having a new wheel installed on Monday.

At first it didn’t bother me much but it is now becoming increasingly annoying, as it distracts from the primary means of interacting with the car.

Hopefully the new wheel does the trick.

Back