Steering wheel creaking

Is this a super widespread issue? I noticed it today during a test drive.
You can see the answer for yourself by reading this thread. Newer cars don't seem to have the issue but older cars do. Lucid has several fixes and will fix it under warranty.

I have not had any luck getting it completely fixed. multiple wheel replacements and various other service attempts (adding foam or whatver..)

You can see the answer for yourself by reading this thread. Newer cars don't seem to have the issue but older cars do. Lucid has several fixes and will fix it under warranty.
How can I find your production date. I just picked up my Touring 2 weeks ago and it has the creak. From reading this thread it sounds like there is no real solution, they mostly seem to get quiet for a while but then it comes back. Two piece steering design was probably a mistake

I have not had any luck getting it completely fixed. multiple wheel replacements and various other service attempts (adding foam or whatver..)
You're not alone, unfortunately. The colder weather has made it less noticeable, but it persists after 2 steering wheel replacements for me.

You're not alone, unfortunately. The colder weather has made it less noticeable, but it persists after 2 steering wheel replacements for me.
Yep. The colder weather does indeed help :) but it’s still there

How can I find your production date. I just picked up my Touring 2 weeks ago and it has the creak. From reading this thread it sounds like there is no real solution, they mostly seem to get quiet for a while but then it comes back. Two piece steering design was probably a mistake
Driver’s door jamb label.

Well it’s never cold here so that won’t help me 😆

Dang, I otherwise love the car but it was very annoying to me. Hope they can find a lasting fix.

Does seem to be hit and miss perhaps? My creaky steering wheel was replaced once a long time ago and I’ve never had a problem since.

Reactions: KRG
Anyone know if you can just request a smaller diameter sapphire steering wheel while they are replacing it anyway? 😅

Reactions: KRG
Just took delivery of my Touring and have the creaky steering wheel issue. This is a 2024 model year so the problem still exists coming out of the factory unfortunately. I’m scheduled to have it fixed through mobile service on January 8th. Will report back what was done and if it was resolved. The rest of the car is flawless so far.

Just took delivery of my Touring and have the creaky steering wheel issue. This is a 2024 model year so the problem still exists coming out of the factory unfortunately. I’m scheduled to have it fixed through mobile service on January 8th. Will report back what was done and if it was resolved. The rest of the car is flawless so far.
Congrats on the purchase! For my vehicle, the mobile tech replaced the steering wheel which helped fix the creaking as he found it was coming from the wheel itself

Congrats on the purchase! For my vehicle, the mobile tech replaced the steering wheel which helped fix the creaking as he found it was coming from the wheel itself
Thanks for the kind words and for the report. I agree that it seems to be coming from the wheel itself on mine as well and not a steering column issue like some have reported. Hopefully I have a positive result as you have and can just enjoy the car moving forward.

I'm on my 4th steering wheel, and according to the rep, it's something like revision 8? I feel bad about the wasted resources at this point, I hope this time it's finally fixed :D

Of all the things to have a creaking issue you’d probably put the thing you interact with constantly at the bottom of the list. This is quite the oversight on quality control.

Reactions: BAW
Mine has started becoming much more pronounced, are they still doing steering wheel replacements for creaking?

Back