Steering Wheel Button Issue

I still want to know what you guys are all doing to break these buttons
I'm using it as intended. Not roughly, not harshly. I use cruise a lot, 20 mile drive to town. It should not break so easily. Flimsy plastic tab/hook that holds it in place. CS told me that there hasn't been any improvements to the design/implementation of the button. Shouldn't have to be so delicate on a $150K car.

I'm using it as intended. Not roughly, not harshly. I use cruise a lot, 20 mile drive to town. It should not break so easily. Flimsy plastic tab/hook that holds it in place. CS told me that there hasn't been any improvements to the design/implementation of the button. Shouldn't have to be so delicate on a $150K car.
But they would be OK on $120,000 car? This money narrative is tired.

I feel like I’m an expert on the steering wheel topic because I’ve had 4 of the 5 iterations. The first time was for loose buttons and steering wheel creaks that were noted right after delivery. The second time was because the creak came back. The 3rd time I received the wheel it came with a button that had a broken spring. The most current version fixed both the creak and loose buttons. I don’t have any idea why some buttons are loose and/or broken, but I’m happy that there is a permanent fix that takes care of both issues.

Also, I have beautiful soft hands, so no chance that it’s from pressing like a gorilla. Ok, that was a joke.
You should have asked Lucid if you could have kept the old wheels, 4 hung steering wheels would have made some lovely wall art.

You should have asked Lucid if you could have kept the old wheels, 4 hung steering wheels would have made some lovely wall art.
They return those wheels to the manufacturer to get their money back. So they wouldn't give one up.

But yes. That would be an interesting way to decorate your garage.

Funny you should mention it because they left my 3rd steering wheel in the backseat when they delivered it back to me. I was tempted to turn it into wall art, but I decided to leave it for them when they picked it up for wheel #4. I figured they needed it to get a refund from their manufacturer.

Back