Spare tire

Can someone whose EZ Spare has been made to fit in their frunk measure your frunk and also please measure your EZ Spare?? My EZ Spare will not fit at all (even with angling). Ginny confirmed I have the correct one, which is the 20" rim and 26.9" including the tire. My frunk is 25" at the widest point at the base so clearly no amount of angling will make it fit (and opening at top is only 21"). Possible explanations are my Lucid has an abnormally small frunk, and/or the EZ spare tire size has changed... would like to figure out which it is before going back to Ginny.
Just saw your post I went into the garage with a tape measure and measured exactly 27 inches. Mine fits like a glove, just like the picture I posted shows.

Ah I was angling the wrong way (putting wheel in to the back of frunk first). Angling so it goes in front of frunk first worked! Thank you!!
lol .. don't feel bad .. I did the same thing .. 🥴

I just placed an order with Ginny, too.
For the new folks, the 5% discount code is LUCIDSAVE.
Wish they had free shipping instead!

Just curious... If you get a flat with a Lucid and you call customer support do they tow your vehicle or do they bring you a spare so you can get back on your way? I still don't understand why so many new cars no longer consider a spare tire as a needed feature.

Just curious... If you get a flat with a Lucid and you call customer support do they tow your vehicle or do they bring you a spare so you can get back on your way? I still don't understand why so many new cars no longer consider a spare tire as a needed feature.
According to the posts of people that had a flat, they tow the car. Unrealistic to expect tow trucks across the country to have a spare.

According to the posts of people that had a flat, they tow the car. Unrealistic to expect tow trucks across the country to have a spare.
If I bought this spare and my wife had the car and ended up getting a flat do you think they would put the spare on instead of towing it?

Is the consensus still that a 2x4 or similar is required under EZSpare's car jack? Or is it under the flat tire?
Drive flat on to 4X4 to raise car sufficiently to provide space for the jack. Otherwise, the car is too close to the ground. Others have mentioned use of hard rubber wedges or multiple 2X4. I have experienced multiple flats with my Model S and have never had a problem driving the flat on to the 4X4.

Doing more review research on those electric car jacks. I'm reading several reviews about some fuse blowing or the jack not working.
Also as someone mentioned I should bring a manual lug bar. I did read that often times the electric impact wrench that comes with this kit isn't sufficient.

I think I'm leaning towards going full manual kit for reliability. What's the use of a spare tire if I can't install one properly due to tools not working.

Doing more review research on those electric car jacks. I'm reading several reviews about some fuse blowing or the jack not working.
Also as someone mentioned I should bring a manual lug bar. I did read that often times the electric impact wrench that comes with this kit isn't sufficient.

I think I'm leaning towards going full manual kit for reliability. What's the use of a spare tire if I can't install one properly due to tools not working.
I just used the kit provided from EZ Spare on another car today. No issues!

I've never change a tire before as I've been lucky *knock on wood* that I never got a flat tire.
I assume we use the same lug nuts from the original wheel and EZ Spare?
I'm shopping for cross lug bar and breaker bar (18" unless thats overkill) plus whatever size adapters / extensions.

I've never change a tire before as I've been lucky *knock on wood* that I never got a flat tire.
I assume we use the same lug nuts from the original wheel and EZ Spare?
I'm shopping for cross lug bar and breaker bar (18" unless thats overkill) plus whatever size adapters / extensions.
No, you use the nuts provided by EZ Spare.

Many thanks to this forum. I have a GT with 2200M. It has performed great and I have been very happy.
I just had a flat. Hit a pot hole I did not see and tire was flat in 30seconds. LUCKILY, thanks to this forum I was prepared. I had ordered an EZ spare about 6 weeks ago and it just arrived this past weekend (EZ spare was backed up bc a lot of Lucid owners ordering). Had the tire in the trunk, but I also bought the Lucid tire repair kit that you are supposed be able to plug into the cigarette lighter in the trunk hook up to the tire and it fills it with some goo and your god to go for a little while. Well, that did not work at all so I put the spare on.
I have been following this chain recently and thanks to so many great suggestions, I was able to get the spare on easily. I knew where the lift points were and to take the black caps off the lug nuts. The EZ spare was a cinch and a definite buy for a lucid owner with 21“ tires (Or they could provide a spare like every other car company selling very expensive cars that don’t come with run-flats. On that note, I haven’t had a flat tire that I have had to change on the side of the road in about 20 years. These are amazing performance tires, but way too fragile. My key fobs are not working so service is coming to fix and I just sent a note to the rep to order me a set of 19” all seasons or snow tires if possible.

Love the car, but I definitely will not drive it with total confidence that a tire now after 2200mi will happen again. And then there are the tech glitches which so far have only need minor update fixed issues for me. Thankfully, not my only car.

Many thanks to this forum. I have a GT with 2200M. It has performed great and I have been very happy.
I just had a flat. Hit a pot hole I did not see and tire was flat in 30seconds. LUCKILY, thanks to this forum I was prepared. I had ordered an EZ spare about 6 weeks ago and it just arrived this past weekend (EZ spare was backed up bc a lot of Lucid owners ordering). Had the tire in the trunk, but I also bought the Lucid tire repair kit that you are supposed be able to plug into the cigarette lighter in the trunk hook up to the tire and it fills it with some goo and your god to go for a little while. Well, that did not work at all so I put the spare on.
I have been following this chain recently and thanks to so many great suggestions, I was able to get the spare on easily. I knew where the lift points were and to take the black caps off the lug nuts. The EZ spare was a cinch and a definite buy for a lucid owner with 21“ tires (Or they could provide a spare like every other car company selling very expensive cars that don’t come with run-flats. On that note, I haven’t had a flat tire that I have had to change on the side of the road in about 20 years. These are amazing performance tires, but way too fragile. My key fobs are not working so service is coming to fix and I just sent a note to the rep to order me a set of 19” all seasons or snow tires if possible.

Love the car, but I definitely will not drive it with total confidence that a tire now after 2200mi will happen again. And then there are the tech glitches which so far have only need minor update fixed issues for me. Thankfully, not my only car.
Good that you are safe.

And yes, I'm reading too many flat tires here so I'm already buying everything that's needed so I'll have a spare on Day 1. I'll have the 19" though so hopefully a bit more durability.

Updated shipping list

EZSpare wheel
Lucid tire repair kit
lug nut remover in case nut gets stuck
hazard triangle + vest . for visibility
ratchet wrench + 18" break bar + adapter kits
manual car jack
Lucid zip jacket so I could look like a professional while changing tires

hmmm I think those cross bars are more appropriate instead of a ratchet wrench?
Being OCD, I also bring along battery-operated flashers -- if I can remember.
And a 2x4 , or 4x4, which I haven't got around to cutting yet.

I don't know what sedans come with spare tires anymore.

I don't know what sedans come with spare tires anymore.
Most come with run-flat tires. BMW appears to only include a spare on those cars that do not come with run-flat tires, such as the M5. The other cars have it as a $250 option.

Back