Some odds and ends

Anyone having issues with the tire pressure monitor on the iphone app? I haven't received readings for quite a few updates. Just showing dashes for each tire. I recall getting them early on, but nothing for quite a while. Was just hoping it was an app issue that would be fixed.
What app are you using ? Latest is 1.1.8

With them having the car for a bit, I'm going to try and view the car and all the systems with fresh eyes. Then document concerns from where they are now. Will be be a lot less than with 1.0.4. They are making progress. Unfortunately, I can no longer count my car as having only software issues. I have one of BMW's "Final 12 v12's" on order. The Lucid and that car side by side will be nice ICE/EV duo. The BMW won't build till June/July. Will be interesting to see how much use the Lucid gets once I have the choice.
Nice. BMW will still be selling 12 cylinder engines (RR).

How long is long? also do the turn signals cameras not come on at all? Have you performed a reset to see if that fixes it?
Anyone have problem with turn signal cameras going out as well as long bootup of main (iPad type) svreen

Just received our permanent plate and went through a mess to replace it. 1 of the 4 plate screws was different and we could never would never get the threads to re-catch the screw hole. The other 3 screws had covers that exposed a standard philips head screw and reset fine. The 4th screw didn't have a cover, even though it looked the same as the other 3. It was a hand tight screw that was connected to a black plastic piece. Very odd and unbelievably cheap. I know others have had nightmares replacing the plate so I'm just going to see if I can get the 4th screw replaced through a maintenance call. Jeeze.....

Yep they had to come and replace my license plate holder. More than likely that will be your fix.

Is there a way to get your permanent plate before you take possession?

Given this issue I would like to have it the day I take delivery at Millbrae. I wonder if Indiana BMV can register and transfer same day? Put my tag from current vehicle on AGT and put new one on the other?

Is there a way to get your permanent plate before you take possession?

Given this issue I would like to have it the day I take delivery at Millbrae. I wonder if Indiana BMV can register and transfer same day? Put my tag from current vehicle on AGT and put new one on the other?
Nah, unless it's a custom plate. Just call out mobile service to put your plates on, or just have them put all 4 screws in when you pick up your car to make sure it's working properly.

Nah, unless it's a custom plate. Just call out mobile service to put your plates on, or just have them put all 4 screws in when you pick up your car to make sure it's working properly.

I am planning on a vanity plate. Will reach out to BMV this week.

Here in AZ, they had the license plate holder and frame pre-installed with a waterproof paper temp plate, although that didn’t stop the screws from falling out later when I installed the permanent the plate.

While charging my DE this afternoon, was sitting in the car for the estimated 30 minute cycle. After 15 minutes, the mirrors closed and the car locked up, even though the key fob was in my pocket. Pushing the key fob did nothing. But much more alarming was the door would NOT open!? Here my wife and I are trapped in the car and the doors would not release for us to exist.

The only good fortune was that I had opened my window for fresh air when we started the charge. I was able to reach out through the window with the valet card I carry in my wallet. Then feel my way above the side camera to the card sensor, which then unlocked the case

Not being able to open doors from the inside of the car is a very serious safety concern.

While charging my DE this afternoon, was sitting in the car for the estimated 30 minute cycle. After 15 minutes, the mirrors closed and the car locked up, even though the key fob was in my pocket. Pushing the key fob did nothing. But much more alarming was the door would NOT open!? Here my wife and I are trapped in the car and the doors would not release for us to exist.

The only good fortune was that I had opened my window for fresh air when we started the charge. I was able to reach out through the window with the valet card I carry in my wallet. Then feel my way above the side camera to the card sensor, which then unlocked the case

Not being able to open doors from the inside of the car is a very serious safety concern.
If that happens, hit the brake and the car starts up again.

I don’t have my car handy, but was told that the door handles will mechanically open the door if the powered unlatch does not work. But maybe that’s the case if the door is not locked?

that's bit scary. have you reached out to the service center folks?

If that happens, hit the brake and the car starts up again.
does it start the car while charging? i thought the door knobs are mechanical.

It just boots the car back up and unlocks the doors. Car goes to sleep after being "inactive" for a period of time. I'm not sure why you can't unlock it, but it seems like the door pull won't boot the car up, but hitting the brake will and it will unlock your doors as well. Safety feature while you are charging maybe? I have no idea
that's bit scary. have you reached out to the service center folks?

does it start the car while charging? i thought the door knobs are mechanical.

It just boots the car back up and unlocks the doors. Car goes to sleep after being "inactive" for a period of time. I'm not sure why you can't unlock it, but it seems like the door pull won't boot the car up, but hitting the brake will and it will unlock your doors as well. Safety feature while you are charging maybe? I have no idea
How in the world are you supposed to know that hitting the brake will allow you to exit your own car!? Nothing intuitive about that.

Scenario: Driver has a medical emergency while waiting for the charge cycle. Passengers want to get out to get help. They can't because the inside mechanical door triggers won't open the doors.

Every other car I know will allow a passenger to open a door from the inside (unless child lock is on). Step on the brake -- really?

How in the world are you supposed to know that hitting the brake will allow you to exit your own car!? Nothing intuitive about that.

Scenario: Driver has a medical emergency while waiting for the charge cycle. Passengers want to get out to get help. They can't because the inside mechanical door triggers won't open the doors.

Every other car I know will allow a passenger to open a door from the inside (unless child lock is on). Step on the brake -- really?
I'm not saying it's right or good, just what the solution is right now lol. Also double clicking the fob should unlock your doors. It has for me in the past

I'm not saying it's right or good, just what the solution is right now lol. Also double clicking the fob should unlock your doors. It has for me in the past
Thanks. If I hadn't open my window, I suppose I would have needed to call CC. Which, of course, means I should never drive without my cell phone!

Adaptation and accommodation
is the DE owner's theme. :)

Back