Some more info about Gravity

Sid432

Referral Code - X1VWPQ1V
Cars
AT | Q5 | MDX | MURANO
Referral Code
X1VWPQ1V
Found this on Reddit. MotoMan interviewing Jenkins on Gravity. He reveals few information especially the range at 15:20-15:24 time mark. For folks resides in CA might know as I couldn’t get the destination name. Also, quite interesting that the Gravity will be roughly about the same as Lucid Air. Here is the video

Not designing for off-road, but rather road comfort at similar Air size battery unlike Rivian.

A7FC199A-32AD-45C6-91DD-611E2B514034.jpeg

Not designing for off-road, but rather road comfort at similar Air size battery unlike Rivian.

View attachment 10912
Very few buyers of crossovers want real off roading. And of those, I suspect that 80% of them think they will off road but never do it. A crossover for road usage makes far more sense.

The size is this hood to rest of SUV ratio actually makes me believe Lucid Gravity may have the largest cabin space ever when released. From the overhead view, the hood almost looks like Honda Odyssey size.
5F0BB536-7E8C-437B-9FC3-7BAEFA34B541.jpeg

Thanks for posting! Very interesting video!

The size is this hood to rest of SUV ratio actually makes me believe Lucid Gravity may have the largest cabin space ever when released. From the overhead view, the hood almost looks like Honda Odyssey size.View attachment 10913
Talked to Eric Bach and he said that Gravity has the best 3 row space of any 3 row SUV and he would be comfortable in the 3rd row on a road trip…fully adult size 3rd row.

Talked to Eric Bach and he said that Gravity has the best 3 row space of any 3 row SUV and he would be comfortable in the 3rd row on a road trip…fully adult size 3rd row.
I hope people don’t have to wait to 2025 or 2026 for Gravity delivery. They need to reveal first for online order then build a new assembly line from continuing AMP-1 expansion.

I hope people don’t have to wait to 2025 or 2026 for Gravity delivery. They need to reveal first for online order then build a new assembly line from continuing AMP-1 expansion.
Late 2024 is the target

Late 2024 is the target
I know, I’m just hoping it doesn’t get pushed back to 2025/2026. The Air production version was unveiled in September 2020, and instead of releasing in H2 2021 as proclaimed, it begun production in late 2021 and didn’t have meaningful production number until Q3 2022 pointing at supply chain constraints.

The size is this hood to rest of SUV ratio actually makes me believe Lucid Gravity may have the largest cabin space ever when released. From the overhead view, the hood almost looks like Honda Odyssey size.View attachment 10913

Gosh, I can only hope. If Lucid designs the Gravity to seat 8, that would make it near perfect for my use case.

I was just remarking yesterday that I wished the Kia Carnival minivan (or even better, Honda Odyssey) was available as an all-EV.

Gosh, I can only hope. If Lucid designs the Gravity to seat 8, that would make it near perfect for my use case.

I was just remarking yesterday that I wished the Kia Carnival minivan (or even better, Honda Odyssey) was available as an all-EV.
The carnival is amazing.

Of ANY? Like, better than navigator level?

Very few buyers of crossovers want real off roading. And of those, I suspect that 80% of them think they will off road but never do it. A crossover for road usage makes far more sense.
You had me at off roading

Found this on Reddit. MotoMan interviewing Jenkins on Gravity. He reveals few information especially the range at 15:20-15:24 time mark. For folks resides in CA might know as I couldn’t get the destination name. Also, quite interesting that the Gravity will be roughly about the same as Lucid Air. Here is the video

Encountering this thread caused me to rewatch this video which I had seen shortly after it was published. It was such a pleasure to see a sophisticated, well-informed interviewer engage with an automotive executive type who is far too rare these days: one who has a lifelong love of cars, is profoundly steeped in his craft, and is willing to lay aside marketing hype to have a candid discourse on a product -- what it is, what it isn't, and why.

There are some things about Lucid marketing that are not to my taste (such as the obsession with California bears). But similarly informative interviews with Erich Bach and Peter Rawlinson's "Tech Talks" have elevated public discourse of Lucid's products to heights rarely seen in marketing. Of course, one of the reasons this is possible is that Lucid's technology can stand up to searching scrutiny.

We've had laudable service from our two Honda Odyssey minivans, but I'm getting almost as impatient for Lucid to open up the ordering books for the Gravity as I was five years ago for the Air.

Encountering this thread caused me to rewatch this video which I had seen shortly after it was published. It was such a pleasure to see a sophisticated, well-informed interviewer engage with an automotive executive type who is far too rare these days: one who has a lifelong love of cars, is profoundly steeped in his craft, and is willing to lay aside marketing hype to have a candid discourse on a product -- what it is, what it isn't, and why.

There are some things about Lucid marketing that are not to my taste (such as the obsession with California bears). But similarly informative interviews with Erich Bach and Peter Rawlinson's "Tech Talks" have elevated public discourse of Lucid's products to heights rarely seen in marketing. Of course, one of the reasons this is possible is that Lucid's technology can stand up to searching scrutiny.

We've had laudable service from our two Honda Odyssey minivans, but I'm getting almost as impatient for Lucid to open up the ordering books for the Gravity as I was five years ago for the Air.
Dream editions are going to sell out in about 5 minutes

And I'm planning to be there when.
Why not go for sapphire? Your concerns over stiffer suspension will be alleviated by the gravity, because it has an adjustable suspension! Other than that, theres the interior however, which I would imagine is another one of your concerns.

Why not go for sapphire? Your concerns over stiffer suspension will be alleviated by the gravity, because it has an adjustable suspension! Other than that, theres the interior however, which I would imagine is another one of your concerns.

I have serious doubts that Lucid will produce a Sapphire version of the Gravity. It's going to be enough of a challenge to give the sedan the suspension and braking to handle the kind of power the Sapphire drivetrain will produce. Tesla hasn't managed to do it with the 4,700-pound Plaid. I doubt if even Lucid can do it with what will be a taller and probably almost 6,000-pound SUV. In fact, I would view such a vehicle as a public menace.

I'm actually worried about some of these ultra-powerful EVs creating a backlash that might produce calls for limiting power.

I have serious doubts that Lucid will produce a Sapphire version of the Gravity. It's going to be enough of a challenge to give the sedan the suspension and braking to handle the kind of power the Sapphire drivetrain will produce. Tesla hasn't managed to do it with the 4,700-pound Plaid. I doubt if even Lucid can do it with what will be a taller and probably almost 6,000-pound SUV. In fact, I would view such a vehicle as a public menace.

I'm actually worried about some of these ultra-powerful EVs creating a backlash that might produce calls for limiting power.
Like a japanese gentlemen agreement? Also considering that suvs like the cayenne and macan have good handling, I am convinced lucid can do the same.

Back