Solar panel and company recommendations

I didn't go with Tesla because they had bad reviews and if you asked @GEWC Not sure you'd want to go with them either lol
Tesla solar is a mess. No department talks to another and they are a nightmare to deal wirh. They also love to make up shit and lie to your face more than one would expect.

For San Diego I would recommend getting a solar quote form Johnson Solar (Clinton Johnson). About a third less than every other quote we received and back up service support has been great.

For San Diego I would recommend getting a solar quote form Johnson Solar (Clinton Johnson). About a third less than every other quote we received and back up service support has been great.
I don't know how they conpare price-wise, but we have SunRun in our San Diego house and they sre great. Support in particular is quite good. And install took a day. One day! (Compared to 6 weeks of Tesla solar roof install plus 6-8 weeks of fixing said install to get it to work, not to mention the broken glass and random screws all over your driveway, yard and even in the pond that they left and you keep finding every time the wind blows even 2 years later.)

Tesla solar is a mess. No department talks to another and they are a nightmare to deal wirh. They also love to make up shit and lie to your face more than one would expect.
That’s been my experience so far. I tried calling customer support today to try to understand why they resized my proposal. Zero phone support and the website is a mess.

Anyone have a personal recommendation for home solar panel installations in NJ? I have looked on Energy sage but wondering if any members have had good or bad experiences with companies in NJ. Thanks
Did you ever find a good solar company in NJ?

I saw this thread pop up and thought I would update it.

I tried to go with an Independant company, but was over promised and under delivered. I ended up going with a 12.5 kw Tesla system, with 2 Powerwalls. I was nervous based on everything I read online and here about Tesla, but the whole process was seamless, I saved a ton of money and made it in time to stay on Nem 2.

I have been charging only at home and rocking my AC all summer, while banking lots of extra KWs. Getting ready to add another EV to the fleet, which should get me close to energy neutral. Overall, I’m a very happy camper with my choice.

Find a local company with good reviews. Try energy sage as that is promoted by the DoE.

Also, start researching panels. Figure out where the best ones are made (last time I looked it was Malaysia) and start comparing efficiency in watt/Sq in.
Came here to say this. I found a local Solar contractor through a friend. He had all permits with the county. Good experience, best price, warranteed equipment.

Did you ever find a good solar company in NJ?
Unfortunately no. Made a couple contacts through energysage. I have some issues with trees in my backyard that block a decent portion of my roof and am not willing to take them down at this point . This leaves only a relatively small area of room that gets sun exposure and I’m not sure it’s worth the investment.

Back