Also very excited for 3.0, but could imagine the chaos with that kind of a rollout where lots of changes at once.They only make two models with a few hardware configurations, I'm sure they have an in house program of some sort. I'd love to see the 3.0 from the Gravity rolled out into the Airs, that software is awesome!
Given all the bugs reported in the Gravity forum, I'm happy to wait for a 3.0Also very excited for 3.0, but could imagine the chaos with that kind of a rollout where lots of changes at once.
There maybe only a few hardware changes but I'd imagine they used similar parts where there issues with supply shortfall. I'm confident they'll get the issues addressed. It's been a great car and really nice software progress so far 38k miles in.
I lost HFDA and DA for a little while after the upgrade (never AC, though). It did come back after a couple of deep sleeps, or a couple of freeway visits later (I can't tell which of the two did the trick).Drove my car for the first time last night since installing 2.8.4 and 2.8.7. My car had been sitting undriven for over a fortnight because I’d gotten sick. Before driving off, I did the obligatory all-screen reset.
On my 140 mile drive to work, I acquired and then lost Adaptive Cruise, Driver Assist and Hands Free Driver Assist. I’d reacquire them, retain for about a minute before losing them again, with the car basically giving up and my manually taking over.
50 miles into my drive, I lost all ADAS functions. Everything. No Hands Free, no Driver Assist, not even Adaptive Cruise Control. For the remainder of my drive to work I had even less automation than my very first four-wheel vehicle, a 1991 Honda Civic sedan.
I’m going to have to wait a few days before returning to my car and driving it again. Who knows if ADAS will come back after another deep sleep.
Sad.
6. There is also a parasitic loss of one mile to the Air overnight via the iOS Lucid App background activity drain (checked over 3 nights saw Lucid has background activity of over 50% every hour) the latest iOS App and 2.8.7. I suggest killing the Lucid App during night time.After a week with 2.8.7. I have observed quite a few ROBUST improvements and optimizations on my Air G.T.P.!
Observations :
- I was able to achieve EPA Range estimate with my Air G.T.P. with 21 inch summer tires for a segment of distance traveled.
- Proximity Unlocking and locking Works Wonders now assuming you have the Lucid App running in the background with background refresh and location to always on iPhone.
- If that fails 1/10 times just take out your iPhone (I also suggest placing a Lucid Widget on one of your Home Screen Panels)
- Accelerator pedal no longer feels like a pushing a brick at low speeds or highway speeds. The accelerator pedal feels more natural; comparable to cars with progressive inputs and little resistance.
- Regenerative braking deceleration forces are more gradual and smooth even on high regenerative braking mode. The regenerative braking in this software update is Significantly smoother since there is no constant brick resistive force on the accelerator pedal. You are able to gradually and linearly decelerate the car with modulate able regenerative lift off of the accelerator pedal in which will help achieve EPA range.
- I have CCCv2 and have not seen any Blank Instrument Panel screen failures. (*Knocks on Wood and Fingers Crossed*).
Let me know if y'll observe similar behaviors!
To clarify, app battery usage isn’t of the battery as a whole, it’s a percentage of all used battery. For example if only 1% of the iPhone battery was used and half of it was Lucid app, the Lucid app will show 50% usage.6. There is also a parasitic loss of one mile to the Air overnight via the iOS Lucid App background activity drain (checked over 3 nights saw Lucid has background activity of over 50% every hour) the latest iOS App and 2.8.7. I suggest killing the Lucid App during night time.
I’ve also lost my easy entry several updates ago andMy 2025 AP accepted the 2.8.7 without issue. And I no longer need to use the fob for entry--just the phone, and it is working so much better than earlier this year (July 2025 was car delivery). Easy entry still isn't functioning but I've kind of let that go for now. Oh--I only have DD Premium, not DDPro FWIW.
Congrats! I guess for any 100 unintended failures there will be always one unintended improvement (the numbers are purely for demonstration purposes, not based on any data). Looks like you are the lucky one to hit the jackpot!After a week with 2.8.7. I have observed quite a few ROBUST improvements and optimizations on my Air G.T.P.!
Observations :
- I was able to achieve EPA Range estimate with my Air G.T.P. with 21 inch summer tires for a segment of distance traveled.
- Proximity Unlocking and locking Works Wonders now assuming you have the Lucid App running in the background with background refresh and location to always on iPhone.
- If that fails 1/10 times just take out your iPhone (I also suggest placing a Lucid Widget on one of your Home Screen Panels)
- Accelerator pedal no longer feels like a pushing a brick at low speeds or highway speeds. The accelerator pedal feels more natural; comparable to cars with progressive inputs and little resistance.
- Regenerative braking deceleration forces are more gradual and smooth even on high regenerative braking mode. The regenerative braking in this software update is Significantly smoother since there is no constant brick resistive force on the accelerator pedal. You are able to gradually and linearly decelerate the car with modulate able regenerative lift off of the accelerator pedal in which will help achieve EPA range.
- I have CCCv2 and have not seen any Blank Instrument Panel screen failures. (*Knocks on Wood and Fingers Crossed*).
Let me know if y'll observe similar behaviors!
I have not seen a single issue since 2.8.7 until today, but Atmos tracks today stopped playing for one drive. That was weird, because all other audio worked, including any stereo tracks from any source. I rebooted and it was fine.After a week with 2.8.7. I have observed quite a few ROBUST improvements and optimizations on my Air G.T.P.!
Observations :
- I was able to achieve EPA Range estimate with my Air G.T.P. with 21 inch summer tires for a segment of distance traveled.
- Proximity Unlocking and locking Works Wonders now assuming you have the Lucid App running in the background with background refresh and location to always on iPhone.
- If that fails 1/10 times just take out your iPhone (I also suggest placing a Lucid Widget on one of your Home Screen Panels)
- Accelerator pedal no longer feels like a pushing a brick at low speeds or highway speeds. The accelerator pedal feels more natural; comparable to cars with progressive inputs and little resistance.
- Regenerative braking deceleration forces are more gradual and smooth even on high regenerative braking mode. The regenerative braking in this software update is Significantly smoother since there is no constant brick resistive force on the accelerator pedal. You are able to gradually and linearly decelerate the car with modulate able regenerative lift off of the accelerator pedal in which will help achieve EPA range.
- I have CCCv2 and have not seen any Blank Instrument Panel screen failures. (*Knocks on Wood and Fingers Crossed*).
Let me know if y'll observe similar behaviors!
Off topic but I gotta ask… is that a twrap screen protector? It looks matte or something. Aka looks greatI had the blank screen for the first time since this latest update. In addition to no speedometer, the blindspot cameras didn't work since its display is part of the center screen.
It lasted maybe 3-5 minutes and then went away before I could do a reset.
24 AT AWD, DD pro, SS Pro, CCV2 update.