Software Version 2.8.7

After a week with 2.8.7. I have observed quite a few ROBUST improvements and optimizations on my Air G.T.P.!


Observations :
  1. I was able to achieve EPA Range estimate with my Air G.T.P. with 21 inch summer tires for a segment of distance traveled.
  2. Proximity Unlocking and locking Works Wonders now assuming you have the Lucid App running in the background with background refresh and location to always on iPhone.
    • If that fails 1/10 times just take out your iPhone (I also suggest placing a Lucid Widget on one of your Home Screen Panels)
  3. Accelerator pedal no longer feels like a pushing a brick at low speeds or highway speeds. The accelerator pedal feels more natural; comparable to cars with progressive inputs and little resistance.
  4. Regenerative braking deceleration forces are more gradual and smooth even on high regenerative braking mode. The regenerative braking in this software update is Significantly smoother since there is no constant brick resistive force on the accelerator pedal. You are able to gradually and linearly decelerate the car with modulate able regenerative lift off of the accelerator pedal in which will help achieve EPA range.
  5. I have CCCv2 and have not seen any Blank Instrument Panel screen failures. (*Knocks on Wood and Fingers Crossed*).

Let me know if y'll observe similar behaviors!

All of this sounds great, but here's what I do not understand:

If observations 1 through 4 were actually the result of this OTA update, why would Lucid choose not to mention a single one of these improvements in the release notes? Each one is independently important/positive/exciting enough to receive its own Twitter post.

When a release merely states "Increased robustness"... and some owners say "Yeah this update didn't do anything but break [this] or reduce the functionality of [that]", while other owners say "This update has boosted my range, corrected my Mobile Key behavior, improved accelerator pedal feel, and smoothed out the regenerative braking", it hurts the credibility of the latter experience. This is why people are asking for detailed/technical changelogs. Now everyone is going to read Takeshi's post and think "Wait, is my car supposed to have these changes? Did the update install itself properly? Did this guy just get lucky and the update worked better for him for no apparent reason? Is this person a walking demonstration of the Placebo Effect?"

No one can draw any conclusions when the only official, manufacturer-supplied source of information is completely devoid of detail.
 
HVAC wont turn on in the mornings sometimes now, anybody else? Just flashes OFF OFF. It did that before but now it won't even respond to the switch for a while or just kinda flashes.
 
HVAC wont turn on in the mornings sometimes now, anybody else? Just flashes OFF OFF. It did that before but now it won't even respond to the switch for a while or just kinda flashes.
I had that happen. I did a steering wheel reboot and it has been fine ever since
 
Throughout the this forum and this thread (and a few other sites) there are folks posting pictures of blank screens and “this update is so dangerous! Look at my screen!” And “I’m reporting this to NHTSA!” And “Lucid needs to fix this I don’t know how fast I’m going! CrAzY!”

ALL WHILE DRIVING DOWN THE ROAD AND CONCENTRATING ON THEIR PHONE TO GET THE PERFECT PICTURE OF IT! 😑

We don’t need pics while operating the vehicle. We believe you! Posting pics of a blank screen while driving (or pics of anything while driving) isn’t worth it. So silly to complain about Lucid software being dangerous while doing that.

Please don’t @ me if your pics are stationary. It doesn’t apply to you 😊.
They're just following the maxim - "Pictures or it didn't happen" 🤣
 
I installed 2.8.9 (I know, wrong thread, but its a bugfix release to 2.8.7) yesterday and this morning my fob worked to unlock the car from about 10 feet behind the car. Don’t know if this was a fluke, I usually need to get a lot closer to car and sometimes even need to try multiple times.
 
knock on wood only minor minor issue I have had in six months is randomness in unlocking (have to shake keys or get out phone on occasion) so the updates are not noticeable to me.
I just saw a review of my next car - Gravity - (hour long video) where reviewer said he would never buy the car bc cause of terrible software and fear of being stranded...
 
knock on wood only minor minor issue I have had in six months is randomness in unlocking (have to shake keys or get out phone on occasion) so the updates are not noticeable to me.
I just saw a review of my next car - Gravity - (hour long video) where reviewer said he would never buy the car bc cause of terrible software and fear of being stranded...
Then that reviewer will miss out on a spectacular car. 🤷‍♂️
 
What did Customer Care tell you? Wait until next update? Considering reporting to them also as our car has done this twice since updating to 2.8.7 on Wednesday.
they didn’t really give me anything besides reboot to fix it. Hasn’t happened though since the 2.8.9 update
 
Back
Top