Software Version 2.8.7

Really, report this to to NHTSA "if that's your jam"?
I literally meant that. I don't / wouldn't, because it's more work than it's worth for relatively little benefit, as I see it for this issue. I was not intending to discourage others from doing so, if that's their jam, meaning "if they feel like it and/or think it's important."

I'm the former Executive Director of NHTSA
Neat! Welcome!

, and the agency absolutely wants to hear from vehicle owners if they think they have a safety problem with their vehicle. The agency can't make a decision as to whether a vehicle has a safety-related defect if they're totally unaware of a possible vehicle safety problem in the first place.
Fair point!

Nobody on this forum should be discouraging drivers from reporting an issue to NHTSA if that person has a safety concern about their vehicle.
I'm not. I was just saying I wouldn't, for this bug. Not saying anyone else shouldn't, or something like that.

And, assuming you're right that 2.8.7 is "a bad (and cancelled) update," Lucid needs to do some serious shaking up of their software team. As 2.8.4 was apparently also cancelled, this means two of the last three Air updates have not worked without introducing major issues. And both of these were significant updates that required almost two hours of installation time each. So, even though they weren't advertised as being "feature" updates, they still were time consuming for vehicle owners and, despite that, appear to be problem-filled.
I don't disagree.
 
Just to collect some data points,

1) Did anyone *without* DD pro experience this issue? If so, can you comment?
2) For folks facing this issue, does it reoccur after a reboot/reset?

I have DD premium and have not experienced this issue.
My car doesn't have DD Pro. I don't have any issues with 2.8.7.
 
Sorry to hear about all the software issues people have experienced following the 2.8.7 rollout. Hopefully, Lucid quickly identifies the root cause, and applies the necessary corrective action, for future software development/rollout.

I Installed the update while overseas, with the car parked at the airport 2 hours from home, so I was pretty concerned about my drive home once the black screen reports started coming through.

I have a '24 AT DDPro, SSPro fwiw. I didn't do any resets before or after the update, and I had no issues after the update. Drove the car 2hrs on Sunday, and about 90mins yesterday. I actually haven't noticed any changes/improvements from the updates. Car drives and behaves exactly the same as far as I can tell.

Sorry again to the folks experiencing problems after the update, hopefully Lucid remedies this quickly.
 
I didn't realize the 2.8.7 OTA rollout has been cancelled?? I know they did it with the 2.8.4 which I never received but I did install the 2.8.7 update and so far no problems (knock on wood!!).
 
I didn't realize the 2.8.7 OTA rollout has been cancelled?? I know they did it with the 2.8.4 which I never received but I did install the 2.8.7 update and so far no problems (knock on wood!!).

Are we certain about that?
 
Had a new 2.8.7 issue experience this AM on my commute to work.
The climate control kept turning itself off. I'd turn it on and several minutes later, it would turn completely off.
I did a hard (steering wheel) reset and everything worked as expected.

On a positive front, the DDP Hands Free update worked beautifully and did not nag me once for looking to the side so it's clear they've been refining it.
 
Had a new 2.8.7 issue experience this AM on my commute to work.
The climate control kept turning itself off. I'd turn it on and several minutes later, it would turn completely off.
I did a hard (steering wheel) reset and everything worked as expected.

On a positive front, the DDP Hands Free update worked beautifully and did not nag me once for looking to the side so it's clear they've been refining it.

That also happened to me on 2.8.7. I was just so excited about the iPhone key not working I thought I had maybe somehow accidentally turned it off.
 
I have experienced a couple of weird gremlins since 2.8.7... my main display (speedometer) turned itself off once while I was driving. Stopping and putting the car into park brought it back. I also had the car audio (all of it, including blinkers) do this entirely new thing for me where sounds started playing at half speed with lots of audio crackling. A soft reset cleared that. These may of course be coincidental, but I experienced both in the first couple of days after the 2.8.7. update without ever seeing them before.
 
Anyone else haven't connectivity issues with 2.8.7? Since this update, my app keeps showing the vehicle as offline. I wish there was a way to rollback to 2.8.5.
 
I have experienced a couple of weird gremlins since 2.8.7... my main display (speedometer) turned itself off once while I was driving. Stopping and putting the car into park brought it back. I also had the car audio (all of it, including blinkers) do this entirely new thing for me where sounds started playing at half speed with lots of audio crackling. A soft reset cleared that. These may of course be coincidental, but I experienced both in the first couple of days after the 2.8.7. update without ever seeing them before.
Heh, I see I am very much not alone in the screen blank thing... and I was just musing how my vehicle has been solid for a while now...
 
2.8.7 totally crashed my ddpro and nav...no Android auto..sucks
I couldn’t connect AA for a couple days after the update. I reset my device connection and rebooted the car and that still didn’t fix. Then yesterday, it just started up and connected as normal, and it’s been working since on 3 drives. Strange.
 
I am almost absolutely positive that you can't do an update without rebooting the system. It is definitely much simpler than an update that DOESN'T reboot.

So the additional reboot is just a placebo.
It's not that simple. The car doesn't just have one computer, it has dozens cooperating on a network. The update only reboots subsystems that get updated. Asking the car to reboot will reboot all of the ones that form the infotainment system, but not those involved in engine management, battery management, or communications. As far as I know, the only way to truely reboot everything in the car would be to disconnect both 12V batteries.
 
I am compelled to ring in on 2.8.7 given the reported problems with it here. It loaded without a problem and I have not noted any malfunctions in the several days since. My car was in for the 25k mile service yesterday and no issues were noted. My only observations is that my efficiency seems to have improved, but I did nto do a controlled test so it is only my impression.
 
It's not that simple. The car doesn't just have one computer, it has dozens cooperating on a network. The update only reboots subsystems that get updated. Asking the car to reboot will reboot all of the ones that form the infotainment system, but not those involved in engine management, battery management, or communications. As far as I know, the only way to truely reboot everything in the car would be to disconnect both 12V batteries.
I know very well how it is. What a user can reboot is what is (almost) definitely rebooted during a firmware update.
 
I couldn’t connect AA for a couple days after the update. I reset my device connection and rebooted the car and that still didn’t fix. Then yesterday, it just started up and connected as normal, and it’s been working since on 3 drives. Strange.
Exact same thing happened to me
 
1761062987177.webp

They cancelled the update. I never got it.
 
On the my morning commute this morning, Black screen again. That’s 2 days in a row now. Called Lucid this morning - person on phone said they would call back. No call yet but will share if relevant to others.
 
I couldn’t connect AA for a couple days after the update. I reset my device connection and rebooted the car and that still didn’t fix. Then yesterday, it just started up and connected as normal, and it’s been working since on 3 drives. Strange.
Same exact behavior for me. Now AA is connected between the time I open the door and put my butt on the seat. Unlocking is also better. I dont know what wizardry this is but first few days after 2.8.7 sucked ...then vast improvements in experience...bizarre to my linear engineering mind...
 
Back
Top