Software Version 2.8.7

This is kinda what mine did, like it’s own soft reboot.
This behavior I’ve noticed for a while across many software versions. Just a guess but my car appears to reboot itself periodically even while parked and sometimes it happens to be doing this when I need to go somewhere.
 
I have no idea if this helps or just feeds my OCD but I always do a logo reset before downloading an OTA update and after the download finishes. In three years I have never had an update issue.
Good observation. Thank you.
 
Same experience! 25 Air Touring DD Pro
I also had my driver screen go blank while driving at about 40 miles an hour. Stayed that way until I stopped and put it in park. The screen immediately came back on.
 
When this happens, would anything that changes the display on the center dash—such as switching on and off cruise control (where power meter changes to speed display etc)—help restore it? Has anyone tried it, or is putting in Park the only way? I'm curious if there is another workaround.
Fwiw, when this happened to me I had the same thought, tried turning on/off cruise control, did not cure the black screen, only putting in Park did.
 
After my 2.8.7 update car lost communication (car off-line). Service said it was an LTE issue, and I should schedule a service call. I did a soft reboot and fixed the problem. Told service to cancel appt and how I fixed it. They were surprised
 
On the way to work today, I joined the blank screen club. I drove the car yesterday after the update without issue. I have no idea what to think. Major and dangerous flaw in software. They should immediately get a fix done.
 
This morning in the middle of my highway drive the screen went blank!
Between the car not going to Drive ( for 2 months ) and this one I am done with this car after my lease expires in few months ..
The robustness is killing me !
 
I experienced the instrument panel blackout problem twice now after updating. This is a very serious safety issue with the car. I recommend reporting to the NHTSA if you have experienced this.
The rollout has been stopped. There’s no need for an NHTSA complaint, since there’s nothing to recall and it was clearly a bad (and cancelled) update, but you’re welcome to if that’s your jam.
 
I’m on 2.8.7 and I got multiple dashboard warning messages and indicators when I left my house for the grocery store yesterday: Right Front Turn Signal out, exterior light fault detected, lane departure protection disabled or system fault detected, and collision protection disabled. I ignored all of them and they cleared on their own while I was driving to the store. Haven’t reappeared since. So much robustness! I have DD Pro, for what it’s worth.
 
The rollout has been stopped. There’s no need for an NHTSA complaint, since there’s nothing to recall and it was clearly a bad (and cancelled) update, but you’re welcome to if that’s your jam.
The question is, "When will there be an update?"
 
The rollout has been stopped. There’s no need for an NHTSA complaint, since there’s nothing to recall and it was clearly a bad (and cancelled) update, but you’re welcome to if that’s your jam.
its pretty minor, my Telsa does worse cuz when its screens go out, you loose backup camera and collision avoidance too. But its not really an NHTSA complaint.
 
The rollout has been stopped. There’s no need for an NHTSA complaint, since there’s nothing to recall and it was clearly a bad (and cancelled) update, but you’re welcome to if that’s your jam.
Really, report this to to NHTSA "if that's your jam"?

I'm the former Executive Director of NHTSA, and the agency absolutely wants to hear from vehicle owners if they think they have a safety problem with their vehicle. The agency can't make a decision as to whether a vehicle has a safety-related defect if they're totally unaware of a possible vehicle safety problem in the first place.

Nobody on this forum should be discouraging drivers from reporting an issue to NHTSA if that person has a safety concern about their vehicle.

And, assuming you're right that 2.8.7 is "a bad (and cancelled) update," Lucid needs to do some serious shaking up of their software team. As 2.8.4 was apparently also cancelled, this means two of the last three Air updates have not worked without introducing major issues. And both of these were significant updates that required almost two hours of installation time each. So, even though they weren't advertised as being "feature" updates, they still were time consuming for vehicle owners and, despite that, appear to be problem-filled.
 
Center screen in glass cockpit went black throughout my drive this afternoon, until I parked the vehicle, it came back on. Never experienced this before over my 18 months of ownership and daily driving it. Definitely something wrong with 2.8.7 as others stated.
View attachment 33554

Hey all, new owner here and I've been lurking for awhile. I had this same issue this morning, running software version 2.8.7. It was odd because when the light hit the display just right, I could see some icons and graphics, so it seemed as if the backlight had gone out but the panel was still functioning. Right when I put the vehicle into park when I arrived at my destination, the display came back on as normal. Pretty annoying if you ask me.
 
Really, report this to to NHTSA "if that's your jam"?

I'm the former Executive Director of NHTSA, and the agency absolutely wants to hear from vehicle owners if they think they have a safety problem with their vehicle. The agency can't make a decision as to whether a vehicle has a safety-related defect if they're totally unaware of a possible vehicle safety problem in the first place.

Nobody on this forum should be discouraging drivers from reporting an issue to NHTSA if that person has a safety concern about their vehicle.

And, assuming you're right that 2.8.7 is "a bad (and cancelled) update," Lucid needs to do some serious shaking up of their software team. As 2.8.4 was apparently also cancelled, this means two of the last three Air updates have not worked without introducing major issues. And both of these were significant updates that required almost two hours of installation time each. So, even though they weren't advertised as being "feature" updates, they still were time consuming for vehicle owners and, despite that, appear to be problem-filled.
 
Thank you for posting this ! We all love our cars ( some way more than others ) but the constant problems with these software updates needs to be addressed.
 
So I just did a couple long drives and did a soft logo reboot at the start of both drives and did not have the driver screen go dark while driving for the first time. Every other drive since updating to 2.8.7 I’ve had it happen once. So seems the other person on this thread suggesting to reboot before each drive is correct so far.
 
Back
Top