Software Version 2.8.7

Well it happened again this PM. The "BAKE" message came on in big bold amber letters followed in red by "Low Brake Fluid" "Contact Your Service Center". I did contact Customer Care & they had me do a soft reboot to no effect. Then they had me shut off the car deleting all Lucid Phone apps so the car would go completely asleep. Not only did the not work but when I woke the car it started giving a very annoying beep warning signal every few seconds. The only good thing is the dash did not go dark this time as it did this AM. We now have a 2 ½ hour drive to get home. Customer Care now wants me to call my service center so they can fix our car. Am suggestion is anyone who has not downloaded 2.8.7 DO NOT DO IT! Yo are lucky not to have received it yet!
 
They need to stop the 2.8.7 rollout immediately. Blank screens - a disaster waiting to happen!!
 
I am not one to jump on software updates. I delayed updating to 2.8.7. Today I no longer see "update available" (and settings shows 2.8.5 is the latest). So, looks like Lucid did indeed stop the rollout.
 
I installed 2.8.7 yesterday. When I entered the car this morning, the center cockpit screen was blank. I have never experienced this before. After about 30 seconds the screen appeared. I did not go for an extended drive yet, but it appears that this update may have created issues.
 
I"ve been seeing the screens go blank on 2.8.5.

The 2.8.7 I had pending yesterday AM is gone today & 2.8.5 is now reported as current (and still blanking screens).
 
Let's say (and I am speculating, no idea whatsoever what was changed) Lucid upgraded to newer versions of the third-party libraries and OSes they are using, and did some reorganization of the code is it is easer to read and doesn't look like spaghetti.

What would the release notes should be?
Truth, smoothed up words saying what you just said... I state this as a retired software engineer and architect of 37+ years who worked on many highly successful (shrink wrapped enterprise software) products and we did exactly this. You write it up as both an "executive summary" overview ("robustness", features, etc) and a change log with greater depth. This is well understood best practices in long use by mature responsible teams.
 
Truth, smoothed up words saying what you just said... I state this as a retired software engineer and architect of 37+ years who worked on many highly successful (shrink wrapped enterprise software) products and we did exactly this. You write it up as both an "executive summary" overview ("robustness", features, etc) and a change log with greater depth. This is well understood best practices in long use by mature responsible teams.
Do you really think Lucid doesn't have an internal changelog? There is no reason for them to share it with us.

An example from the updated ABRP yesterday: "Bug fixes and improvements".
 
Do you really think Lucid doesn't have an internal changelog? There is no reason for them to share it with us.

An example from the updated ABRP yesterday: "Bug fixes and improvements".
That is not even remotely related to my words. We all can reasonably assume that they have internal change logs. The point, as I said, is that best practices say paying customers should see useful summaries of them. Examples of companies that fail to do so is of no value as a defense for failure to do so.
 
That is not even remotely related to my words. We all can reasonably assume that they have internal change logs. The point, as I said, is that best practices say paying customers should see useful summaries of them. Examples of companies that fail to do so is of no value as a defense for failure to do so.
I disagree and I have been in the IT business quite a bit. There is no winning with people like you. If you tell them details, they'll complain why it doesn't work in all cases or why you focused on this bug and not the other. If you tell them nothing, they'll complain too. It's easier just to tell them nothing.

Not having detailed public changelogs is the least of the problems of Lucid's software team.
 
 
For folks experiencing screen going blank, is there anything common besides the software version, such as DD Pro or the existence or lack of an updated CCC chip? I have 2024 Pure with DD premium and the upgraded chip. I have experienced some slight delays in screens coming on while getting into the car, but no instances of screen going blank after about a week of driving with 2.8.7.
 
I have no idea if this helps or just feeds my OCD but I always do a logo reset before downloading an OTA update and after the download finishes. In three years I have never had an update issue.
 
Just had this happen on the highway. No change in car behavior, just the center dash screen was black. I took an exit, stopped at a light, switched to Park and the screen instantly came on. MY2023 AT with DD Pro, CCCv2.
 
I posted this in another thread, but I do want to add it here also. My 2023 Pure AWD with DDP has a dead pilot panel and the right side of the main display is also dead. I had updated to 2.8.5 when this happened. Support pushed 2.8.7, but it failed to install. I'm now scheduled for service next Thursday, but I believe the problem is in the 2.8.5 update - and until they release a fix, I don't expect they can do anything. We'll see. After receiving nearly 50 updates over the last two-plus years, this is the first major update issue I've experienced. I'm actually happy the 2.8.7 updated failed to install, because at least my car is drivable.
 
I am not one to jump on software updates. I delayed updating to 2.8.7. Today I no longer see "update available" (and settings shows 2.8.5 is the latest). So, looks like Lucid did indeed stop the rollout.
Same here, no longer getting nagged about the update I was ignoring thanks to this thread. Definitely pulled.

Once again the posts here ensured that my car isn't infected with this gigantic safety issue. So anyone complaining about the complaints can shove it right in Lucid's robustness.
 
Just had this happen on the highway. No change in car behavior, just the center dash screen was black. I took an exit, stopped at a light, switched to Park and the screen instantly came on. MY2023 AT with DD Pro, CCCv2.

When this happens, would anything that changes the display on the center dash—such as switching on and off cruise control (where power meter changes to speed display etc)—help restore it? Has anyone tried it, or is putting in Park the only way? I'm curious if there is another workaround.
 
This place is so predictable. Several months ago, everyone was hammering Lucid because they weren't doing any OTAs. Now Lucid is pushing out OTA after OTA, and they're getting hammered for lack of transparency. No company is perfect, Lucid included. To expect perfection is going to ensure dissatisfaction.

Back to the topic at hand. I've been driving around locally since installing 2.8.7 and can't really see any difference. However my car was working really well before the update, so it is hard to tell. I haven't been able to check out HFDA because the nearest highway is 30 mins away and I haven't had any reason to get out that way.
I don’t really care about transparency…..as long as the updates and improvements keeps coming. Only the tech geeks want that. 90% of buyers don’t really care.
 
I installed 2.8.7 yesterday. When I entered the car this morning, the center cockpit screen was blank. I have never experienced this before. After about 30 seconds the screen appeared. I did not go for an extended drive yet, but it appears that this update may have created issues.
This is kinda what mine did, like it’s own soft reboot.
 
Back
Top