Software Version 2.8.7

While I agree that for a lot of people, detailed notes might not be referenced often, I wonder if having a main brief update summary (robustness) with a link to a more detailed release notes would allow for a happy medium of not overwhelming users, transparency and detail for those interested.
 
For me, no change in car behavior since 2.8.7. Same little bugs here and there...
 
  • Like
Reactions: ADC
Has anybody who's experienced the cockpit screen crash/go blank reported it to Lucid? I'm surprised they would allow the rollout to continue with such a crash.
I did, and i also emphasized that it is a huge safety issue to lose the cockpit screen while driving.
Don’t agree at all. I’m not insulted. An easy to read summary would be appreciated by many. You would not be required to read it.
Same, I am a dumb doctor and do not understand a word a technology, it's a good day if i turn my computer on without an issue, having said that as a lay person i would have appreciated some basic information of what is being updated. When patients come see me, i do not expect them to understand the pathophysiology, anatomy and pharmacology of the treatment provided but i expect that my team/or myself will give them an overview of their treatment plan. I know that equating healthcare to software update is comparing apples to oranges, i know i do not understand anything about technology, so folks who disagree with me please ignore this and do not yell at me online because i will cry and it will ruin my weekend.
 
This place is so predictable. Several months ago, everyone was hammering Lucid because they weren't doing any OTAs. Now Lucid is pushing out OTA after OTA, and they're getting hammered for lack of transparency. No company is perfect, Lucid included. To expect perfection is going to ensure dissatisfaction.

Back to the topic at hand. I've been driving around locally since installing 2.8.7 and can't really see any difference. However my car was working really well before the update, so it is hard to tell. I haven't been able to check out HFDA because the nearest highway is 30 mins away and I haven't had any reason to get out that way.
 
Yeah me too. I never received 2.8.4 because distribution was stopped fairly quickly due to problems. I did get 2.8.5 and now have 2.8.7. Everything has been working fine since before the 2.8.4 limited distribution. HFA and all other driving functions seem the same which is fine. Perhaps my unlock using pushing the handles (I have auto unlock turned off) perhaps is better but wasn't really too bad before. I agree the OTA's have been good and frequent ever since I took possession early March 2022.
 
Just made a short run to town. Immediately upon getting in car a large lettered warning appeared in front of me"Low Brake Fluid" with additional verbiage instructing to call the service center etc. About 2 miles down the road the center screen went dark & remained so for the rest of the run. I reached town & departed the car then when returned all was back to normal. No warnings & live screen. Since 2.8.7 this is an example of issues that have cropped up. Still have all the previous issues. Perhaps the reason Lucid does not give clear details of what is in the OTA updates is because they do not know.
 
Just made a short run to town. Immediately upon getting in car a large lettered warning appeared in front of me"Low Brake Fluid" with additional verbiage instructing to call the service center etc. About 2 miles down the road the center screen went dark & remained so for the rest of the run. I reached town & departed the car then when returned all was back to normal. No warnings & live screen. Since 2.8.7 this is an example of issues that have cropped up. Still have all the previous issues. Perhaps the reason Lucid does not give clear details of what is in the OTA updates is because they do not know.
I agree, they are likely still trying to figure out what is broken. My pilot panel and right side of the main screen went dead this week while on 2.8.5. They pushed the 2.8.7 update, but it failed to install. I'm now scheduled to bring my car in next Thursday, but I'm concerned that it will not be a quick fix unless they figure out why this is happening. On a positive note, they have been very responsive to the problem.
 
OTAs have improved my experience for three years. Changes have been incremental and my observation is that efficiency has improved as well as of course response. Are the interfaces with audio optimal? Not yet but they are tolerable and better than before OTAs. Dynamically the car is in another dimension from ICE vehicles, IMO and my gut is that OTAs have contributed to the capability, if only incrementally. I expect the wish lists for features will be addressed with the most important for me being an easy to use front and rear video recording capability. I have yet to have a problem installing any OTA.
 
I have been a software development manager/executive for many years, and I would never tolerate this practice of useless, insulting software release notes

Transparency is important, even if it's embarrassing. By being obscure, you don't get the benefit of customer feedback on bug fixes. You also lose credibility with your current base by hiding problems. It's a safety issue with a passenger vehicle not to be open with your software changes.

Rivuan is much more open with their software release notes.

Lucid makes a conscious choice to be obscure with their release notes, and it's undeniable they take a hit with customer satisfaction because of it.
Let's say (and I am speculating, no idea whatsoever what was changed) Lucid upgraded to newer versions of the third-party libraries and OSes they are using, and did some reorganization of the code is it is easer to read and doesn't look like spaghetti.

What would the release notes should be?
 
I still have not received it. Is anyone else still waiting?
 
Just made a short run to town. Immediately upon getting in car a large lettered warning appeared in front of me"Low Brake Fluid" with additional verbiage instructing to call the service center etc. About 2 miles down the road the center screen went dark & remained so for the rest of the run. I reached town & departed the car then when returned all was back to normal. No warnings & live screen. Since 2.8.7 this is an example of issues that have cropped up. Still have all the previous issues. Perhaps the reason Lucid does not give clear details of what is in the OTA updates is because they do not know.
What do you mean by "they do not know"; like they don't know what the program they wrote does? That's a crazy take.
 
Here's just a small sample of a section of a recent Rivian software release note. The complete release note is even more detailed.

Lucid can do much better with its release notes without having to go into the details of the sausage making of software development. There's no excuse for Lucid to use the laughable "robustness" language for many software release notes.
-----
Resolved a rare issue that caused fog lights to turn off and exterior lighting to revert to Auto mode. (Gen 1)

Fixed an issue that caused trip energy and efficiency data to fluctuate unexpectedly.

Made improvements to the accuracy of battery range on arrival estimates, including adding location air density as a factor for locations at higher elevations.

Resolved a rare issue that prevented the door handles from presenting for an unlock request while Car Wash mode is active. (Gen 2)
 
2.8.7 totally crashed my ddpro and nav...no Android auto..sucks
 
Just went for a drive after update. Went fine, until I parked. Got back hot in car, it was like halfway through a reboot on the pilot screen and I couldn’t move the car until it finished rebooting I guess.
 
First drive after upgrading and experienced my first ever instrument cluster crash while driving. Completely lost all visibility even thought the infotainment systems still worked. Extremely robust because I previously had had the infotainment system crash but never lost critical drive systems. Reported it to customer care. Interestingly, I only had to park the car to restore functionality, no air reboot or leaving the car required.
Mine did the same thing. Once I put it in park, the user interface reappeared. At the time i was thinking that if I got pulled over for speeding, it would have been quite an interesting conversation with the police officer since I had no idea how fast I was actually going.
 
2.8.7 totally crashed my ddpro and nav...no Android auto..sucks
Update. I did the nuclear reset three times...stepped away from car for 30mins and since then no issues...not sure what was going on but it seemed like the software was really scrambled after 2.8.7...fingers crossed for more robust updates that don't break things..
 
What do you mean by "they do not know"; like they don't know what the program they wrote does? That's a crazy take.
Lucid obviously does not know, because if they knew that the "program" was going to cause DDP to become inoperable and the primary display to completely fail while driving, they probably would not have released it.

So no, they do not know the effects of what they have implemented. If you suggest that they had knowledge of these consequences, then that is even worse for the customer base.
 
Lucid obviously does not know, because if they knew that the "program" was going to cause DDP to become inoperable and the primary display to completely fail while driving, they probably would not have released it.

So no, they do not know the effects of what they have implemented. If you suggest that they had knowledge of these consequences, then that is even worse for the customer base.
"Do not know what they released" and "do not know the effects of what they released" aren't the same thing. Softwares release have unexpected effects sometimes. Nobody can guess beforehand every possible "effects", anyway I am not interested in this argument.
 
Center screen in glass cockpit went black throughout my drive this afternoon, until I parked the vehicle, it came back on. Never experienced this before over my 18 months of ownership and daily driving it. Definitely something wrong with 2.8.7 as others stated.
IMG_0478.webp
 
Back
Top