Software Version 2.8.7

Hmmm! I have an Air Pure and it installed (successfully) in 45 minutes.
 
DA and HFDA are completely absent for me (on roads where they were previously available) since the update. Anyone else? While in adaptive cruise, the lane markings around me seemed to be misaligned with where I was within the lane. They'd jump back and forth between centered, and me apparently driving with the centerline through the middle of my car. That might be why DA and HFDA aren't available. I'm hoping a few more miles of freeway driving will recalibrate.
My experience was a little different. I had no issues with DA or HFDA with 2.8.4 or 2.8.5. After installing 2.8.7 2 days ago, I experienced HFDA not being available on my commute home from work yesterday. It worked fine on the way to the office, but never came on during my 50 mile commute home. DA worked fine though. Also, lane change assist never worked either. The lines were always solid in the UI, and if I tried to activate, I would get a message saying LCA was not available. I tried toggling off/on HFDA and LCA in the DD settings while driving, but that made no change.

I haven't had a chance to see if having the car sleep overnight made any difference.

Clearly there was some error or issue going on and the software deemed HFDA and LCA inoperable. Yet there was no messaging to the user (me) as to why this was the case. It'd be nice if there was some better messaging to the user as to what the issue might be, or at least acknowledgment that there is in fact a problem.
 
Been out of electronic touch (and away from my car) for 6 months. I left it at Version 2.8.0, and am now updating it remotely on my iPhone to Version 2.8.4. Won't be able to drive the car for another month - REALLY looking forward to it. What changes should I expect to see, and is Version 2.8.4 the most recent? Thanks for anyone's help!
 
Passive unlock still slow to respond but I'm starting to suspect it's more related to my phone or the phone app -- seems when the phone is unlocked it works perfectly, when the phone is locked it can take a while. Probably the phone going into a low power mode or something.
Me too. I recently switched from the FOB (alone, with no mobile key installed) to my iPhone as PAAK as an experiment. If my phone is awake, it works right away. Generally the FOB alone worked better, but sometimes requires some jiggling.
 
I am noticing the car is way more responsive to my phone. Forgot the fob and walked out to the car and it unlocked right when I approached. Am I the only one noticing this?
 
Me too. I recently switched from the FOB (alone, with no mobile key installed) to my iPhone as PAAK as an experiment. If my phone is awake, it works right away. Generally the FOB alone worked better, but sometimes requires some jiggling.
Same for me. If phone is unlocked and app is open (in the background), then the car unlocks much faster. If the phone is locked and not presented to the car, it may not open for a long time.
 
After updating to 2.8.7, the info screen on the right side of the console froze. The time, the temperature, and I couldn't access Spotify. Moreover, the DreamDrive Pro was non-functional. Only the adaptive cruise control was working.
After a soft reset, everything returned to normal except that the automatic lane change feature of the DDP was still unusable.
With the release of the update, we should receive information on potential issues that may arise and have options on how to address them.
 
I am noticing the car is way more responsive to my phone. Forgot the fob and walked out to the car and it unlocked right when I approached. Am I the only one noticing this?
No difference for me. The car is pretty good at tracking me walking around it though and locking the doors right when I am reaching to open the passenger door.
 
Same for me. If phone is unlocked and app is open (in the background), then the car unlocks much faster. If the phone is locked and not presented to the car, it may not open for a long time.
That's not really a change, that's always been the complaint/commentary.
 
These phoned-in release notes are really starting to irritate me. Think I'll give this update a few weeks to marinate since I've zero information on what it's actually doing.
 
These phoned-in release notes are really starting to irritate me. Think I'll give this update a few weeks to marinate since I've zero information on what it's actually doing.
Phoned in? Every software developer does this for non feature, minor bug, security fix updates. They’re certainly not going to air out the dirty laundry for all and sundry to see.
 
Since this update, my hands free app that work near perfection now doesn’t come on; additionally, my car play map directions doesn’t work. Maybe it’s still updating in the background; if not, I hope a fix is soon around the corner.
Update! After this third day, hands free is operational again… I figure it was still configuring or they heard the complaints and snuck in an unannounced update; I believe the latter 🤣🤣🤣
 
Mine must be even more robust. Says 1 Hour 49 Minutes. Just started it.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_5879.webp
    IMG_5879.webp
    65.6 KB · Views: 87
Back
Top