Software Version 2.8.7

My update failed due to technical reasons - was not about to start. Will call customer care tomorrow as the message suggests.
 
Thanks to all posting their hardships as a warning. You the real MVPs. Crazy that this happens over and over again. I thought it couldn't get much worse than temporarily bricking the car ala 2.7.0... but things crashing or shutting off while driving is definitely worse!

I'll probably steer clear (heh) of all future updates until I see a dashcam level feature that is worth the gamble. These ain't it.
 
Since this update, my hands free app that work near perfection now doesn’t come on; additionally, my car play map directions doesn’t work. Maybe it’s still updating in the background; if not, I hope a fix is soon around the corner.
 
Have a Air Touring w. premium. I started updating from 2.8.5 to 2.8.7 before going to italian restaurant for quick bite. It was done when I am full and satisfied. Probably done in 45min. After update the Android Auto works better than before. My phone is connected faster than before. At least I found my ”robustness” on this update.
 
Just give it the ol’ reboot.
Doesn't help - the app still knows it didn't install. Cust care says it didn't download, he had the same call just a little prior. Not sure if it's the package or just a fluke. Not going to worry too much about it, they are going to see what happened and hopefully just push it again.
 
Mine failed to install also. Two days ago, my pilot panel and the right side of my main display went blank. Reboot did not help. Support pushed the update 2.8.7 with the hope it would fix the display. They are now analyzing the issue and I'm waiting for the next step. This is the first time I've experienced any problems like this. My car is a 2023 Air Pure AWD with DDP.
 
My update went through this morning. I was a little nervous about it because an earlier 2.8.x update failed and killed the car. Lucid service was able to do some magic over the air and get it running again. If that hadn't worked, it would have required a tow to the shop.

The update took roughly the predicted time, although it went from 19% to complete in about 5 minutes. I haven't had the car out yet, so nothing to report on that front.
 
Mine failed to install also. Two days ago, my pilot panel and the right side of my main display went blank. Reboot did not help. Support pushed the update 2.8.7 with the hope it would fix the display. They are now analyzing the issue and I'm waiting for the next step. This is the first time I've experienced any problems like this. My car is a 2023 Air Pure AWD with DDP.
2025 AT - have had the car since Dec, everything basically fine/ working well. First update issue of any kind. I'm sure they'll figure it out.
 
Saw this for the first time. At 11PM car send a message through the iOS app that "passive unlock has been disabled". "Check for details". There were no details in the app. I was asleep and not near the car, which was in the garage. Seems awfully strange.
 
Saw this for the first time. At 11PM car send a message through the iOS app that "passive unlock has been disabled". "Check for details". There were no details in the app. I was asleep and not near the car, which was in the garage. Seems awfully strange.
I had the same message a couple of times after installing 2.8.5. Then the screens went dead. I'm of the belief this is all software related and hopefully they will resolve it soon. Thankfully, my car is still drivable.
 
2026 GT, 40-minute install. No noticeable differences so far. Passive unlock still slow to respond but I'm starting to suspect it's more related to my phone or the phone app -- seems when the phone is unlocked it works perfectly, when the phone is locked it can take a while. Probably the phone going into a low power mode or something.
 
Also applied to my ‘23 touring and on first drive, within a few miles, saw the screen go dark while driving, though had I not been looking I would not have noticed (Ie, no change to driving dynamics). Pulled over, hit Park, and everything back to normal? No surprises since and will say m/kw actually seems to be up - on that first drive I was at 4.2!
 
DA and HFDA are completely absent for me (on roads where they were previously available) since the update. Anyone else? While in adaptive cruise, the lane markings around me seemed to be misaligned with where I was within the lane. They'd jump back and forth between centered, and me apparently driving with the centerline through the middle of my car. That might be why DA and HFDA aren't available. I'm hoping a few more miles of freeway driving will recalibrate.
 
Last edited:
DA and HFDA are completely absent for me (on roads where they were available for me) since the update. Anyone else? While in adaptive cruise, the lane markings around me seemed to be misaligned with where I was within the lane. They'd jump back and forth between centered, and me apparently driving with the centerline through the middle of my car. That might be why DA and HFDA aren't available. I'm hoping a few more miles of freeway driving will recalibrate.
I get this during my morning commute when the sun is in my face. The sensors go crazy then just tells me HA and HFHA isnt available. Other times and evening commutes are fine.
 
See a tailgater? “Siri, deploy robustness.”

Ah, I do have DDP (Air GT) so that explains the 1h49m time.
Would have come in handy Tuesday when I had to deal with 2 different idiots at different times of the day who both happened to be driving white BMWs. I'm actually proud of myself for showing restraint even though they brought knives to a gun fight. I just let them go after encouraging them to pass me
 
Back
Top