Software Version 2.8.7

Mobile key with (minimally) 2.8.7 continues to work significantly better for me, almost perfect. I was even able to approach the car from the trunk, hit the trunk button and opened - previously that usually worked a very small percentage of the time.

When driving away today my center cockpit screen was black. All other screens functional, and when using turn signals I could hear them, but obviously not see the arrows. Drove for a few minutes on city streets and then decided to pull over to do a quick reset. But, as soon as I put it in Park, the screen became active instantly, and I just put it in drive and continued on my way. This was preferable to a reset, though it's a little disturbing to have no active screen right in front of you.

Carplay almost always just starts up for me, this time I did have to use the home screen to activate it so maybe related? Who knows, just a data point.
 
I still have not received the update. I usually get them right away. Are others still waiting?
 
First drive after upgrading and experienced my first ever instrument cluster crash while driving. Completely lost all visibility even thought the infotainment systems still worked. Extremely robust because I previously had had the infotainment system crash but never lost critical drive systems. Reported it to customer care. Interestingly, I only had to park the car to restore functionality, no air reboot or leaving the car required.
I had exactly the same experience after taking this update yesterday
 
Update: it took SEVERAL days...but HFDA is back again. To be clear, it wasn't saying "HFDA/DA is not available..." when attempting to long toggle into it...it simply wasn't there. AC was the only option, period. I gingerly tried it out on hwy 287 in north Jersey last night and it said it was available. I didn't actually engage it - I was contending with a bout of inexplicably slow traffic - but the fact that it showed up was a relief, and I have no reason to believe it wouldn't have engaged.

So, to the other poster who recently said their option was gone....take heart, it will come back soon for you, I suspect, either after a few deep power cycles, more miles on highways, when the next solar flare dies down, or if you sacrifice a chicken...I'm genuinely not sure. But...it'll be back!
 
Mobile key with (minimally) 2.8.7 continues to work significantly better for me, almost perfect. I was even able to approach the car from the trunk, hit the trunk button and opened - previously that usually worked a very small percentage of the time.

When driving away today my center cockpit screen was black. All other screens functional, and when using turn signals I could hear them, but obviously not see the arrows. Drove for a few minutes on city streets and then decided to pull over to do a quick reset. But, as soon as I put it in Park, the screen became active instantly, and I just put it in drive and continued on my way. This was preferable to a reset, though it's a little disturbing to have no active screen right in front of you.

Carplay almost always just starts up for me, this time I did have to use the home screen to activate it so maybe related? Who knows, just a data point.
I never knew that the trunk button would open without the car being unlocked first. Going to have to try it.
 
I never knew that the trunk button would open without the car being unlocked first. Going to have to try it.
I think pressing any of the door handles or the trunk button wakes the car up, somewhat (I've pressed them before thinking I had my phone with me; I didn't; and then I hear some "whirring" which is why I think this). It's possible around the instant I pressed the button, the (improved for me at least) proximity detection triggered an unlock around the same second, or the button did it. Not conclusive.

FWIW, my HA logs show everything happened at the same second, trunk opened, car was unlocked, and power state "changed to Accessory".
 
My android auto no longer works after the update. Anyone else experiencing this? Solutions?
 
Downloaded 2.8 7 couple days ago. Last night the car would not wake up all evening or night but did this AM & has worked since. We have a 2023 AWD Pure with 27,000 miles. The hands free worked very well with 2.8.5 but now with 2.8.7 it is very annoying constantly coming up with "Pay Attention" and in RED "Take Immediate Control". It occurs constantly seeming like less than a minuet between warnings. Haven't noticed any other changes good or bad.
 
These 3-4 images sum up my robustness update. 2023 Air Touring with DD Pro.
Only real positive difference I have seen is that mobile key works now (in basement without internet). Earlier it mostly worked with good cellular reception (hit n miss).

Lucid needs to hire some good software engineers from Tesla/Rivian. Being a software engineer myself, I know crafting good things with performance and stability takes time but its mostly skill rather than time if you know what you're doing. Because if you architect something well once, you shouldn't have to re-write the entire thing many times over :(
 

Attachments

  • IMG_9404.webp
    IMG_9404.webp
    1.1 MB · Views: 187
  • IMG_9402.webp
    IMG_9402.webp
    264.8 KB · Views: 167
  • IMG_9389.webp
    IMG_9389.webp
    1.7 MB · Views: 177
  • IMG_9053.webp
    IMG_9053.webp
    517.9 KB · Views: 173
Ever since 2.8.7 I have been unable to get Apple CarPlay to work wirelessly. Did all the usual things like forgetting device on BT and pairing again. Reset my iPhone network settings. Tried setup using USB and then BT. CarPlay will only work by USB.
 
First drive after upgrading and experienced my first ever instrument cluster crash while driving. Completely lost all visibility even thought the infotainment systems still worked. Extremely robust because I previously had had the infotainment system crash but never lost critical drive systems. Reported it to customer care. Interestingly, I only had to park the car to restore functionality, no air reboot or leaving the car required.
What did Customer Care tell you? Wait until next update? Considering reporting to them also as our car has done this twice since updating to 2.8.7 on Wednesday.
 
When it happens, it’s always the center and left cockpit screens that have a delay booting up. They usually come on 5 seconds later than the right screen. Now, after 2.8.7, I’ve had a couple instances where the center screen doesn’t boot at all. After putting it in PARK, the center screen turns on. Weird.
 
Phoned in? Every software developer does this for non feature, minor bug, security fix updates. They’re certainly not going to air out the dirty laundry for all and sundry to see.
I have been a software development manager/executive for many years, and I would never tolerate this practice of useless, insulting software release notes

Transparency is important, even if it's embarrassing. By being obscure, you don't get the benefit of customer feedback on bug fixes. You also lose credibility with your current base by hiding problems. It's a safety issue with a passenger vehicle not to be open with your software changes.

Rivuan is much more open with their software release notes.

Lucid makes a conscious choice to be obscure with their release notes, and it's undeniable they take a hit with customer satisfaction because of it.
 
No question. I’ve managed multi-million dollar software projects. Transparency is best. People have a right to know what Lucid is doing to their cars. And if they know they can provide instant feedback. I know there is a school of thought that preaches “admit nothing”. That’s the lawyers talking, not good software people.
 
I have been a software development manager/executive for many years, and I would never tolerate this practice of useless, insulting software release notes

Transparency is important, even if it's embarrassing. By being obscure, you don't get the benefit of customer feedback on bug fixes. You also lose credibility with your current base by hiding problems. It's a safety issue with a passenger vehicle not to be open with your software changes.

Rivuan is much more open with their software release notes.

Lucid makes a conscious choice to be obscure with their release notes, and it's undeniable they take a hit with customer satisfaction because of it.

No question. I’ve managed multi-million dollar software projects. Transparency is best. People have a right to know what Lucid is doing to their cars. And if they know they can provide instant feedback. I know there is a school of thought that preaches “admit nothing”. That’s the lawyers talking, not good software people.

Just because this is your area of expertise and like to see all the ins and outs of software releases and fixes most people simply don’t care to read through troves of pointless information. What they often care about is new features and when noticeable bugs are fixed which Lucid does provide detailed notes on.

Being insulted and implying Lucid isn’t transparent and hiding stuff is a bit rich.
 
Drove today after installing Tuesday night. None of the negative issues reported. I think there are 2 levels of expectations about info on the releases: those who are tech savvy and into software development and those like me who would not understand it anyway. Robustness satisfies my need for transparency.
 
Back
Top