Software update 2.3.0

“Early”… compared to? I’m not sure how I got in the good graces of early rollout. Got my update this morning but have been cooped up in the office for most of the day. Guess I gotta take her through her paces this weekend. Oh and I finally broke 10k this week. 7 months in.

For those of us still waiting for the update, there is still the soul encompasing excitement of anticipation, like christmas for a kid. Once i get it, when will i download it? How great will it be? Will there be easter eggs to find? Life is amazing and full of possibilities, colored in hues of intense violets, magentas, yellows, and greens. Soundtracked by the amazing charli xcx, bad bunny, the 1984, georgia satellites, and stevie wonder.

Those questions are already answered for you early update receivers. Don’t you feel like you just had the santa claus talk with your parents, and the world is painted with mundane shades of black & grey, with the saddest longings of christina perry’s jar of hearts, bread’s diary, and dan fogelberg’s auld lang syne making even the most gentle push on a soft closing door a sisyphean task?

Nay, i’ll wait happily.

Feel like my wife is gonna say i went overboard on this post.
There is no feel, if she reads it she is going to say you went overboard. But I will tell you that a gentle tug or push on the soft close doors is a sisyphean task for my wife as was evidenced once again last night as we were entering the car in the restaurant parking lot, and that @xponents won't have any f'ing idea who the Georgia Satellites are or who Dan Fogelberg is.

FTR, your post has started my day in wonderful way as I thoroughly enjoy a good piece of writing.

Just got it. Yawn.

Android Auto and garage remote button on top. C'mon guys.

Everything I back out of my driveway I have to punch through a sea of buttons to close the effing garage door. I can't be the only one tired of this.

Just got it. Yawn.

Everything I back out of my driveway I have to punch through a sea of buttons to close the effing garage door. I can't be the only one tired of this.
Just put the garage door opener in your car. I admit, it’s not as elegant as having the car do it for you, but it will definitely absolve of this significant problem in your life.

Just got it. Yawn.

The garage thing annoyed me, too. Then I integrated the garage door with Alexa, and now there is no button push, and I can open and close the garage from wherever. It's much more elegant.

Just got it. Yawn.

Agreed. It is such an easy thing to fix. Just move the homelink buttons to the left panel. Not sure why this is not yet fixed.

The garage thing annoyed me, too. Then I integrated the garage door with Alexa, and now there is no button push, and I can open and close the garage from wherever. It's much more elegant.
I had done this with Alexa. The problem for me is that if you were outside the garage and yelled “Alexa, open the garage” it would open. My house is full of Alexa devices and all it takes is for one of the devices to hear the command. For me this is a security risk I could not live with.

I had done this with Alexa. The problem for me is that if you were outside the garage and yelled “Alexa, open the garage” it would open. My house is full of Alexa devices and all it takes is for one of the devices to hear the command. For me this is a security risk I could not live with.
Then put a voice pin confirmation on it

Are there instructions written up for doing this?

This is my hang up, but I don't want Jeff Bezos riding shotgun with me. And yes, I'm waiting anxiously so Sergey Brin can ride shot gun with me. I didn't say I was rational.

Name the garage door something else like pod bay doors HAL …. This way you can as her to “open the pod bay doors HAL

Name the garage door something else like pod bay doors HAL …. This way you can as her to “open the pod bay doors HAL
Now that is a good idea!

Long thread. Just loaded the update today, and the music apps (Spotify and Apple Music) are now malfunctioning. Alexa asks for permission to access my data (never asked before). I get another screen I’ve never seen before, then the selected music comes up but then freezes or, when the progress bar starts moving, there is no audio.

What gives?

Long thread. Just loaded the update today, and the music apps (Spotify and Apple Music) are now malfunctioning. Alexa asks for permission to access my data (never asked before). I get another screen I’ve never seen before, then the selected music comes up but then freezes or, when the progress bar starts moving, there is no audio.

What gives?
Logo reset?

What gives?
Bad luck? Wait for 2.3.3 coming soon.

Back