Software update 2.3.0

It happened to me today(update was couple of days ago). Logo reset solved the issue.
I've probably done 5 logo resets now. Saw on a Facebook group that 2.3.3 will allegedly come out in a few days and fix this. We'll see. If not, I'll reach out to customer service again.

That’s a big update. Happy to see the lights off feature and cross traffic warning only mode. Hopefully the next update brings the rumored home link tweak.
What I like about the lights off is that it goes back to auto when putting the car in gear. The big problem with off on most cars is that although I never need it, valets use it all the time. Then the lights are off when I expect them to be on and it wouldn't normally occur to me to even check.
Well,
President of the United States notified his staff through X about his decision to exit the presidential race. Some people may not want to get frequent emails about every robust updates. Some non Lucid owners or future owners may like to know the updates. Lucid enthusiasts will seek out the info one way or the other.
It's easy to give owners the option of which emails to receive. I don't want to have to check a social media platform to find out what's new.
I pre-condition my vehicle using the app. By the time I get in my car it’s nice and comfortable.
I found that it doesn't work well for me. It does with Teslas. Plus, the car starts out warmer without cabin overheat protection. On a 119 degree day, cooling 15 minutes ahead of time wasn't enough. And to compound things, the app almost always tells me that it's waking the car up, which takes forever, and might not happen until I get to the car. Once I'm in the car, the Max button cools things down fast. It would be nice to be able to do that remotely.

I thought the 2.3.0 update was going to provide range at destination based on your actual driving efficiency.
They only revised the Lucid navigation's calculation of remaining range at destination. Unfortunately, not the remaining miles on the center screen. That is still calculated using the EPA miles/kWh.

What I like about the lights off is that it goes back to auto when putting the car in gear. The big problem with off on most cars is that although I never need it, valets use it all the time. Then the lights are off when I expect them to be on and it wouldn't normally occur to me to even check.
+1. I like that it goes back to auto on my next drive.

+1. I like that it goes back to auto on my next drive.
Actually, this makes the feature less useful to me. Let me explain.

If you've ever gone to a star party, where amateur astronomers set up telescopes to let people look at the beautiful night sky, you know that headlights are one of the biggest distractions and detractors from the fun. Every time someone gets into their car to drive away, the super bright headlights shine directly at viewers, who get a painful flash before their face now need to wait a minute or two to have their night vision adjust again. It's super annoying.

Because Air immediately pops the lights right back on as soon as you put it into drive, this makes the Air a terrible star party vehicle. It would be much better if I could drive down the road just a few feet to get out of the way of the telescopes and viewers, THEN pop them on.

Chances I'm going to not notice my lights aren't on in the pitch black of a dark sky area: 0%.
Chances of getting yelled at as I'm leaving the parking lot of any star party: 100%.

If you've ever gone to a star party, where amateur astronomers set up telescopes to let people look at the beautiful night sky, you know that headlights are one of the biggest distractions and detractors from the fun. Every time someone gets into their car to drive away, the super bright headlights shine directly at viewers, who get a painful flash before their face now need to wait a minute or two to have their night vision adjust again. It's super annoying.

Because Air immediately pops the lights right back on as soon as you put it into drive, this makes the Air a terrible star party vehicle. It would be much better if I could drive down the road just a few feet to get out of the way of the telescopes and viewers, THEN pop them on.

Chances I'm going to not notice my lights aren't on in the pitch black of a dark sky area: 0%.
Chances of getting yelled at as I'm leaving the parking lot of any star party: 100%.
*researching star parties*

that’s fair. I remember getting some weird looks a few months ago when we went to Mt Tam searching for Aurora Borealias.

I am in the same boat. I want the lights to stay off for this same reason. Also, has anyone noticed that the light over the license plate still remains on when you use the lights off button?

We had the update installed on Friday and experienced the following. On 2 occasions the car has behaved in an unexpected and concerning way as follows: 1) backing up out of the garage and 2) backing into a driveway the car sensed, incorrectly, an object in the way and instantly applied the brakes with dashboard warnings and alerts. It was rather startling to say the least.
I'm curious if anyone has experienced this behavior? It seems to me that the 'Rear Parking Protection' is the culprit and overly sensitive to what's around the back of the car.

We had the update installed on Friday and experienced the following. On 2 occasions the car has behaved in an unexpected and concerning way as follows: 1) backing up out of the garage and 2) backing into a driveway the car sensed, incorrectly, an object in the way and instantly applied the brakes with dashboard warnings and alerts. It was rather startling to say the least.
I'm curious if anyone has experienced this behavior? It seems to me that the 'Rear Parking Protection' is the culprit and overly sensitive to what's around the back of the car.
This is exactly what was happening to many of us before the update. Which is why the update gives the option to turn that feature off.

This is exactly what was happening to many of us before the update. Which is why the update gives the option to turn that feature off.
I acutally didn't have a problem with the back-up protection being overly sensitive before the update. It seems more sensitive now. Now, the car is applying the brakes when backing out of the garage. It even happend when I backed out out of a parking space in a parking garage with absolutely nothing behind me. There weren't even parked cars in the next row or within 50 feet of me on either side.

I got the update but now have a problem. My backup guidance is gone. Now only displays two parallel white lines. I've advised customer support of my issue. I was instructed of two ways to do soft reset and neither worked to initiate the reset.

Customer Care advised it'll be 2-3 weeks for my vehicle. I am curious what the rollout schedule looks like, and what the philosophy is when it comes to throttling the releases.

Customer Care advised it'll be 2-3 weeks for my vehicle. I am curious what the rollout schedule looks like, and what the philosophy is when it comes to throttling the releases.
Were they specifically able to look it up for you or was it a general comment? What trim and options are you running? And I wonder if that plays a role?

Back