Software Update 1.0.8

I reserved a Pure in early December 2021. Given what EV manufacturers, including Lucid, are doing, which is making the expensive models first, I don't expect mine until sometime in 2023 at the earliest. That is fine with me. My current car is a loaded BMW 530e and I would not get rid of it to get a new Lucid where many of the features that I am used to and enjoy (such as adaptive cruise control) are not available. I figure by the time they get to me, the bugs should be worked out and the feature enabled.

If not, by that time, there will be many choices available.

I just received the update and am also downloading now. The release notes mentioned only changes to parking brake behavior. My friend in Orlando said his car's adaptive cruise control was activated on Sunday. Was that a different update? If so, has anyone else received it?
My car is in Costa Mesa Service Center. I believe they updated 1.1.61 software.
I should know the details in a couple of days.

Last edited:
My car is in Costa Mesa Service Center. I believe they updated 1.1.61 software.
I should now the details in a couple of days.
According to @Mountain Man they will install 1.1.7 on his car before they deliver to him and that is supposed to be next week, so we should see that pushed out to us as well soon.

I believe 1.1.7 may be available on 2/11/2022. The Service center today said the new update is coming tomorrow. Have to wait and see.

Could you tell us why your car is back in the Service Center?

Driver side sun visor needed replacement because it was loose and WiFi in car was not updating the software.

How is your car coming along?
Was the LTE not updating software also?

Driver side sun visor needed replacement because it was loose and WiFi in car was not updating the software.
I was having software update problems too. At first I was getting update failures when the car was not in my possession, being wrapped. The update was through the cell connection. The car went into Lucid Service after that and they had trouble doing the update (1.1.12->1.1.14). The update would fail about 75% of the way there. After several days of them trying to update and getting the main OTA Software people involved, they determined that a "module" was overheating during the update, causing the update to abort. They are installing a new module today and we'll see if that solves the problem. I did ask them what kind of module this was, thinking that it may be a battery module, but they said it was the processor module. I can't see the car right now with the app, so I'm assuming they are working on it.

I was having software update problems too. At first I was getting update failures when the car was not in my possession, being wrapped. The update was through the cell connection. The car went into Lucid Service after that and they had trouble doing the update (1.1.12->1.1.14). The update would fail about 75% of the way there. After several days of them trying to update and getting the main OTA Software people involved, they determined that a "module" was overheating during the update, causing the update to abort. They are installing a new module today and we'll see if that solves the problem. I did ask them what kind of module this was, thinking that it may be a battery module, but they said it was the processor module. I can't see the car right now with the app, so I'm assuming they are working on it.
We had similar issue, the car was not updating from 1.1.2 to 1.1.36. The issue was that the car could not find wifi signal, event hough it had strong signal. We had mobile unit visit us, the tech hard rebooted the car and we received 1.1.36 that day. After 3 hours working on it, the tech could not get it upgraded to 1.1.4. I called CS next day to see if they can push it again. At that time it worked. CS pushed the 1.1.5 as well. We are now updated with latest release version. It remains to be seen if the issue emerges again for the next update.

Last edited:
We had similar issue, the car was not updating from 1.1.12 to 1.1.36. The issue was that the car could not find wifi signal, event hough it had strong signal. We had mobile unit visit us, the tech hard rebooted the car and we received 1.1.36 that day. After 3 hours working on it, the tech could not get it upgraded to 1.1.4. I called CS next day to see if they can push it again. At that time it worked. CS pushed the 1.1.5 as well. We are now updated with latest release version. It remains to be seen if the issue emerges again for the next update.
Since I don’t have my GT yet, all these software version numbers floating around are confusing. What is the most recent operating version? I thought it was 1.1.7 which I was, again I thought, when the Dream Drive was enabled. I am seeing 1.1.12 and 1.1.36 here. That implies that they have done 36 updates in the 1.1 x series, in addition to all the ones in the 1.0.x series. Can someone who has a Dream update me on what version is current and with what versions major updates happened, such like adding Dream Dirve (as I recall that was done in two updates?

How is your car coming along?

Still at the Service Center (went in on February 1).

They replaced the CCV module, the trunk weather stripping, the license plate mount, and adjusted the trunk closure for more clearance with the bumper. (My trunk wasn't unevenly aligned; it was just not adjusted for enough clearance.) The IT Team is still programming the CCV module so that they can access the car remotely for future diagnostics.

They still haven't tracked down the cause of the occasional noise in the A/C venting. They ran a scope into the blower unit and could detect no signs of scraping there. After some hand-wringing I finally agreed to their taking off the dashboard, as Engineering thought the problem might lie in the actuator mechanism for the "blender" (whatever that is).

Since I don’t have my GT yet, all these software version numbers floating around are confusing. What is the most recent operating version? I thought it was 1.1.7 which I was, again I thought, when the Dream Drive was enabled. I am seeing 1.1.12 and 1.1.36 here. That implies that they have done 36 updates in the 1.1 x series, in addition to all the ones in the 1.0.x series. Can someone who has a Dream update me on what version is current and with what versions major updates happened, such like adding Dream Dirve (as I recall that was done in two updates?
From what I remember...don't hold me to these revisions. When I got the car it was on 1.0.4 then the updates came..

1.1.5 latest update
1.1.7 - on Jon Rettinger car

From what I remember...don't hold me to these revisions. When I got the car it was on 1.0.4 then the updates came..

1.1.5 latest update

Yeah, we determined that they are versioning lexicographically, which is confusing but “fine.”

The first digit of the patch number is how to separate these, and the second digit seems to be a “subpatch” of sorts.

So 1.2.1 (which doesn’t exist) is newer than 1.1.7 which is newer than 1.1.4, which is newer than 1.1.36, which is newer than 1.1.2.

You can also think of them as alphabetical (that’s effectively what lexicographic means).

Yeah, we determined that they are versioning lexicographically, which is confusing but “fine.”

The first digit of the patch number is how to separate these, and the second digit seems to be a “subpatch” of sorts.

So 1.2.1 (which doesn’t exist) is newer than 1.1.7 which is newer than 1.1.4, which is newer than 1.1.36, which is newer than 1.1.2.

You can also think of them as alphabetical (that’s effectively what lexicographic means).
Ok. So 1.1.36 is a 1.1.3 series (I would have called it 1.1.3.6 I digress)) and should be a VERY minor update. Normally updates 1.1.x would add some small feature. a 1.1.3.x would be quashing a minor bug. I would have expected the Dream drive addition to have gone from a 1.1 to a 1.2 update since it is a big change.

So my question now is what made them jump from the 1.0.x series to the 1.1.x series? Can you read anything into the update numbers as to how substantial or insignificant the changes are? Also, Is there a 1.17 update or is someone forgetting the decimal and it should be 1.1.7?

1.1.5 latest update
I had my latest software update yesterday No. 1.1.7
I don't think even 1.1.8 is available as of yet. I was cold 1.1.8 is coming soon. Face ID is not working with 1.1.7.
1.1.36 may be a misnomer. later than 1.1.7 could be 1.1.76 not 1.1.36.

I had my latest software update yesterday No. 1.1.7
I don't think even 1.1.8 is available as of yet. I was cold 1.1.8 is coming soon. Face ID is not working with 1.1.7.
1.1.36 may be a misnomer. later than 1.1.7 could be 1.1.76 not 1.1.36.
@ashoka8350 You were pushed 1.1.7 OTA? Do you happen to have the release notes?

Back