Software Update 1.0.8

How long ago were you able to have that and what software number you had that time?

Lucid service person told me that was not released yet.

Thanks.

Mobile key since the beginning. Tap the top right icon in the app and it will walk you through how to set it up.

Set up facial recognition profiles in the car settings. You can have up to two appearances per driver.

Does anyone have linked Mobile Key with iPhone?
Also, anyone used Face ID?

I have the Mobile Key set up on an iPhone and also have Facial Recognition set up for two drivers.

However, I have to use a key fob to get into the car, as the mobile key often fails to open the car. And when you have the key fob within range, the car is confused by both signals, and facial recognition becomes one of the features that won't work.

However, I have to use a key fob to get into the car, as the mobile key often fails to open the car. And when you have the key fob within range, the car is confused by both signals, and facial recognition becomes one of the features that won't work.
If your key fob is linked to a profile, then facial recognition is disabled and the car switches to the profile of the linked key fob.

Mobile key since the beginning. Tap the top right icon in the app and it will walk you through how to set it up.

Set up facial recognition profiles in the car settings. You can have up to two appearances per driver.
borski, do you also have the key fob with you? Or the key card? So if so, your car isn't getting "confused" like hmp10 is experiencing?

borski, do you also have the key fob with you? Or the key card? So if so, your car isn't getting "confused" like hmp10 is experiencing?

I have both the fob and the mobile key. Usually I’m driving with my fiancée who also has hers, so sometimes it will recognize hers instead of mine, and I’ll switch profiles manually, but it only takes a few seconds to do.

Haven’t had any issues; the facial recognition does seem to work fine, but either way you can always manually switch it.

And no, nothing gets confused, other than sometimes picking the wrong profile if she gets to the car first and it thinks she’s gonna drive.

If I get in quickly, it picks my profile after seeing my face.

I have both the fob and the mobile key. Usually I’m driving with my fiancée who also has hers, so sometimes it will recognize hers instead of mine, and I’ll switch profiles manually, but it only takes a few seconds to do.

Haven’t had any issues; the facial recognition does seem to work fine, but either way you can always manually switch it.

And no, nothing gets confused, other than sometimes picking the wrong profile if she gets to the car first and it thinks she’s gonna drive.

Or, it picks your profile because it “saw” your key fob first. For me, when unlocking the car with the app or keycard, it now always wants me to enter my PIN to drive - even if it pops up a green check mark to indicate it recognized my face.

Mine never chooses my husbands profile, always goes to mine, despite the fact he never lets me drive :) (apparently I’m a “terrifying jersey driver”)

Mine never chooses my husbands profile, always goes to mine, despite the fact he never lets me drive :) (apparently I’m a “terrifying jersey driver”)
That is redundant. You could have just said Jersey Driver :p

Or, it picks your profile because it “saw” your key fob first. For me, when unlocking the car with the app or keycard, it now always wants me to enter my PIN to drive - even if it pops up a green check mark to indicate it recognized my face.

That’s what I mean - I haven’t had to enter my PIN since basically the first day, even when I unlock with the app.

The valet card will always require a PIN - that’s the point of it. You can’t attach a valet card to a profile - only a fob and/or mobile key.

That’s what I mean - I haven’t had to enter my PIN since basically the first day, even when I unlock with the app.

The valet card will always require a PIN - that’s the point of it. You can’t attach a valet card to a profile - only a fob and/or mobile key.

If by valet card you mean the key card, I've had to use my key card twice to get the car to unlock, but it became operable without my having to punch in my PIN. The service tech told me it is the key fob I should give to a valet (which, oddly enough, means taking my key fob along with my phone on some outings, which he told me not to do).

It seems the Air's responses to various entry devices vary so idiosyncratically from car to car and use to use that each owner is just going to have to sort out the right mix of devices and tradeoffs for his or her own use case.

I can see why the judges of the North American Car of the Year got so soured by their difficulties in getting into their test cars that enough of them voted against Lucid to put it in second place behind the Honda Civic for NACOTY.

If by valet card you mean the key card, I've had to use my key card twice to get the car to unlock, but it became operable without my having to punch in my PIN. The service tech told me it is the key fob I should give to a valet (which, oddly enough, means taking my key fob along with my phone on some outings, which he told me not to do).

It seems the Air's responses to various entry devices vary so idiosyncratically from car to car and use to use that each owner is just going to have to sort out the right mix of devices and tradeoffs for his or her own use case.

I can see why the judges of the North American Car of the Year got so soured by their difficulties in getting into their test cars that enough of them voted against Lucid to put it in second place behind the Honda Civic for NACOTY.

If you had your fob or phone on you, then the key card wouldn’t require a PIN. If you unlocked using *only* the card, it does: https://manual.deneb.prod.infotainm...tml?document_type=OWNERS_MANUAL&version=0.0.1

“NOTE: To drive the vehicle using only the valet card, you must enter the pin associated with the current user profile when shifting out of Park.”

So you have to give the valet your pin number if you give them the valet card?

At the moment, yes. It’s annoying and I don’t like it and I’ve complained about it. They agree it’s dumb and are working on it.

Other owners should complain about it too so it gets a higher priority. :)

Been there done that, known issue
At the moment, yes. It’s annoying and I don’t like it and I’ve complained about it. They agree it’s dumb and are working on it.

Other owners should complain about it too so it gets a higher priority. :)

If you had your fob or phone on you, then the key card wouldn’t require a PIN.

Yes, but the reason I had to use the key card was that the car wasn't recognizing the phone. So why would having the phone with me negate the need to enter the PIN?

Back