• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Software question

My only pushback on this comment is the steering wheel adjustment. How often after setting up your driving position are you adjusting the steering wheel? Also, I think the backup camera is almost instantaneous once you are able to put the car in reverse no? That's my experience with the reverse camera, bird's-eye needs the full boot.

Also, Teslas have had this as the only way to adjust the steering column for a long time.

My only pushback on this comment is the steering wheel adjustment. How often after setting up your driving position are you adjusting the steering wheel? Also, I think the backup camera is almost instantaneous once you are able to put the car in reverse no? That's my experience with the reverse camera, bird's-eye needs the full boot.

Maybe I'm a weirdo but I move my steering wheel frequently, depending on where I'm driving (highway, twisty roads, city, etc). Maybe I need to reboot...my back-up camera also is slow to load when the car has been "sleeping"

Maybe I'm a weirdo but I move my steering wheel frequently, depending on where I'm driving (highway, twisty roads, city, etc). Maybe I need to reboot...my back-up camera also is slow to load when the car has been "sleeping"

Fascinating. I’ve never adjusted it from when I set it up haha

Yea, actually the backup camera I think has been one of the most reliable software things, probably because some regulation requires it to be an independent system just like the drive system

I am driving the car daily. I love driving it. I hate unlock/lock. I deleted the phone key. My observations are using the key fob passively. That is the standard method of unlock/lock in the industry today. I hate the key fob, but it does work if you use it 1980’s style as a lock unlock button. I’m
My comment on this list would be that "yes, these all work reliably," but the caveat is that the manner in which they work is sometimes poorly designed. For example, moving the steering wheel is done on the lower screen instead of on the steering column like every other car built since 1910. You get used to it, but it's dumb. Using the radio takes more swipes to get it to come up on the large center screen, and it doesn't stay there - it reverts back to the small screen, which is dumb. The seat adjustments can be done on the seat (i.e. traditional) or on the center screen, but if you change them on the seat, you can't save it -- you have to go back to the center screen. That's dumb. The backup camera and birds-eye 3D view is awesome...but only if the car is already "awake" when you put it in reverse to start backing up. If you jump in, put it in reverse, and start backing up, you're likely to not yet have backup camera or birds-eye camera view for about 20 seconds. That's dumb. The car's tendency to "sleep" and then take a while to "wake up" is frustrating and becomes a game...you train your mind to go to the phone app a few minutes before leaving wherever you're going becuase that makes the car wake up and it is immediately available to you.

I suspect (hope) they are working on a big fix that will alter the main screen environment. A few strange choices on the main screen home page. For example, instead of radio controls it has a permanent button for the glove box. (?). Tesla's glove box button is smarter. No ability to drive past 10 mph with cameras on, as you can in Tesla.

Honestly, I have not found any electronic feature to be consistently unreliable, other than the sleep/unlock problems. You can consistently rely on waiting for the car to "wake up" if you use your phone app as the key.
Some good insights here, and mostly fairly encouraging to me. I’m in the habit of turning the heat or ac on in my MS in advance, so for me i can think of the rear and surround cameras as reliable. I agree the screen features you describe are clunky but as long as I know that i can save the seat settings somehow then that’s reliable (at least until they improve it). Steering wheel adj is odd but I rarely if ever change it. I’m a big music listener when driving so your points about the screen would bother me too. Very helpful. Is Navigation working well for you?

Some good insights here, and mostly fairly encouraging to me. I’m in the habit of turning the heat or ac on in my MS in advance, so for me i can think of the rear and surround cameras as reliable. I agree the screen features you describe are clunky but as long as I know that i can save the seat settings somehow then that’s reliable (at least until they improve it). Steering wheel adj is odd but I rarely if ever change it. I’m a big music listener when driving so your points about the screen would bother me too. Very helpful. Is Navigation working well for you?

Navigation works pretty well, yes. About like the MS always has. You don’t even have to push the voice button. Just driving along you say “Alexa, navigate to ___” and for me, it almost always works (as long as the business is currently listed online). If you specify the exact address, it works 99% of the time. One cool feature: each time you climb in the car, there is a display waiting telling you the minutes it will take to get home or to get to work, accounting real-time for traffic.

Navigation works pretty well, yes. About like the MS always has. You don’t even have to push the voice button. Just driving along you say “Alexa, navigate to ___” and for me, it almost always works (as long as the business is currently listed online). If you specify the exact address, it works 99% of the time. One cool feature: each time you climb in the car, there is a display waiting telling you the minutes it will take to get home or to get to work, accounting real-time for traffic.
Probably a dumb question here for current EV owners. On my two FCA vehicles, every year or so, I get an email offering me a low rate to upgrade the navigation on uconnect. I'm thinking that OTAs with EVs do this automatically and there aren't upcharges for it. But I thought I'd confirm that. Do I have that right?

Probably a dumb question here for current EV owners. On my two FCA vehicles, every year or so, I get an email offering me a low rate to upgrade the navigation on uconnect. I'm thinking that OTAs with EVs do this automatically and there aren't upcharges for it. But I thought I'd confirm that. Do I have that right?
Correct.
It has nothing to do with being an EV though, just the way most manufacturers are doing it now.

Well the uconnect group with Fiat Chrysler still views it as an opportunity to make money. Thanks for the reply.

Last night I had another episode of the sound system not having any bass upon startup. As always when this happens, the bass remained absent until the car was powered off and restarted.

I reported this to Lucid in order to register a time stamp for the event, since they have a tracking program in my car that allows them to diagnose the software's behavior remotely. The service advisor told me something I had not heard before -- that the streaming apps in the car (Tidal, Spotify, Amazon Music) are not yet fully functional. He said that the lack of bass might be due to buffering, as parts of the sound spectrum download at different rates currently.

I don't see how that could be correct, though. When the bass is missing, it does not eventually show up while I'm still driving the car, no matter how long I drive it. Also, this only happens rarely, with the bass being present at system startup the great majority of the time.

Last night I had another episode of the sound system not having any bass upon startup. As always when this happens, the bass remained absent until the car was powered off and restarted.

I reported this to Lucid in order to register a time stamp for the event, since they have a tracking program in my car that allows them to diagnose the software's behavior remotely. The service advisor told me something I had not heard before -- that the streaming apps in the car (Tidal, Spotify, Amazon Music) are not yet fully functional. He said that the lack of bass might be due to buffering, as parts of the sound spectrum download at different rates currently.

I don't see how that could be correct, though. When the bass is missing, it does not eventually show up while I'm still driving the car, no matter how long I drive it. Also, this only happens rarely, with the bass being present at system startup the great majority of the time.
That sounds...suspect. Like you said, if it was a buffering issue it would show up after the download/stream had been completed. It has to be some bug in your code somewhere, I've never had bass missing, it's either all sound or no sound

That sounds...suspect. Like you said, if it was a buffering issue it would show up after the download/stream had been completed. It has to be some bug in your code somewhere, I've never had bass missing, it's either all sound or no sound
Agreed. That makes zero sense to me.

I could believe that Spotify and Tidal are only half-complete though. The fact the shuffle button on both are different, and their functionalities are different show that is likely.

Assuming you have some music files on your phone, do you lose bass when streaming from your phone using Bluetooth? Shouldn’t be any buffering issue in that case.

So I’m having a problem with Tidal playing Dolby Atmos recordings. Dolby lights up while and sounds exceptional but no sound coming from rear speakers. When I go to settings/audio and try to adjust the balance it is greyed out. But other sources work fine and I can move balance from front to rear, etc. I’m guessing it’s a Tidal problem but not sure what to do about it??

So I’m having a problem with Tidal playing Dolby Atmos recordings. Dolby lights up while and sounds exceptional but no sound coming from rear speakers. When I go to settings/audio and try to adjust the balance it is greyed out. But other sources work fine and I can move balance from front to rear, etc. I’m guessing it’s a Tidal problem but not sure what to do about it??
Is it only on Tidal? Either way, bug report!

Is it only on Tidal? Either way, bug report!
So weird. I just went out and fired up Tidal with Dolby Atmos lit up white and now it’s working fine and sounds fantastic. No idea what caused the problem yesterday??

Assuming you have some music files on your phone, do you lose bass when streaming from your phone using Bluetooth? Shouldn’t be any buffering issue in that case.

I don't have any music on my phone.

Back