Soft & Hard Reset Procedures repository

SDHacker

Verified Owner
Cars
Red GT
I couldn't find a post that listed the various reset procedures. Please help compile a comprehensive list. I'll start with a list of what I've found in some threads but I know I'm missing some. Please update with any you know of or correct what I listed. Not sure which are soft vs hard resets.

SOFT:
1) exit the car, move out of key range, wait at least 45 seconds, return to the car and click the top of the key fob twice in quick succession. The horn should honk and the headlights blink if the reset succeeded.
2) double lock the door and hear the horn honk
3)

HARD:
1) Unlock car, open door, turn signal left or right, close door, lock car, when signal shuts off car is reset
2) lock car, push lock again on key fob, walk away for a few minutes
3) Hold key card above camera on driver's side B pillar to lock car (as pam4_AGT pointed out - this is how a valet would unlock/lock the car so seems questionable)

INSIDE CAR:

The safest way to fully reboot the car is to press and hold the air logo in the settings tab on the Pilot Panel for 20 seconds.

Last edited by a moderator:
I couldn't find a post that listed the various reset procedures. Please help compile a comprehensive list. I'll start with a list of what I've found in some threads but I know I'm missing some. Please update with any you know of or correct what I listed. Not sure which are soft vs hard resets.

SOFT:
1) exit the car, move out of key range, wait at least 45 seconds, return to the car and click the top of the key fob twice in quick succession. The horn should honk and the headlights blink if the reset succeeded.
2) double lock the door and hear the horn honk
3)

HARD:
1) Unlock car, open door, turn signal left or right, close door, lock car, when signal shuts off car is reset
2) lock car, push lock again on key fob, walk away for a few minutes
3) Hold key card above camera on driver's side B pillar to lock car (as pam4_AGT pointed out - this is how a valet would unlock/lock the car so seems questionable)
Thank you for this.

Quick question, how to do valet reset when you have the key fobs with you and you're alone?

Car will auto detect the fob when you get near, so I need to ditch the fobs somehow right?
How would I do this?
Surround view cameras aren't working, and soft reset with fob walking away and resetting didn't fix it.

Want to do valet restart but can't cause I have fobs on me

Why didn’t Lucid implement the same reset procedure as Tesla? holding both left and right steering wheel buttons would have been easier, especially if it’s raining or your not in a safe place (I.e side of a busy freeway) where you need to exit the vehicle to reset?!

Lock with card and walk away out of range (20’ or so) then wait 20 min.
Will give this a try. So to lock with card you just put the valet card by the driver side pillar after exiting the vehicle?

Will give this a try. So to lock with card you just put the valet card by the driver side pillar after exiting the vehicle?
Yes. There’s a diagram right on the card.

I wanted to add to this, after my recent service technician came and I asked him about the various reset methods.
He said the fastest soft-reset there is, is the valet one.
You get out of the car, put your valet card by the driver side pillar, and that action disabled the car's ability to look for a fob in the vicinity. Then he said you can stand there for about 10 seconds and it'll be reset. No need to walk away, etc..

But I do believe everyone has to be out of the car.

I also asked him about the fob one, he said just put blinker on (as a visual sign for you), lock it, walk away, and when blinker stopped, it's reset.

Both the methods are soft resets, he said the only hard reset that's available right now is to disconnect the battery terminals from the car which is quite complicated.

I think I accomplished a soft reset without getting out of the car. I just put it in park, stay seated, open and close the door, then lock from the fob. The car shuts down instantly, I wait 1 minute, then unlock with the fob and start up.

This fixed my blinker cameras not coming on.

I saw this in another Forum, tried it, it WORKS. Retained all of my settings, garage door openings, music, etc. Anyone else try it? Any reason NOT to use it? Was very easy and effective, got cameras back immediately. (Note their correction. X button, Speaker button Foot on brake)

Mod edit: Leaving this here for posterity sake, but I was told by Lucid service to NOT use this method as it can cause unintended damage to electrical components.

Attachments

• LUCID 2 BUTTON RESET.png
    LUCID 2 BUTTON RESET.png
    461.4 KB · Views: 791
I saw this in another Forum, tried it, it WORKS. Retained all of my settings, garage door openings, music, etc. Anyone else try it? Any reason NOT to use it? Was very easy and effective, got cameras back immediately. (Note their correction. X button, Speaker button Foot on brake)

Mod edit: Leaving this here for posterity sake, but I was told by Lucid service to NOT use this method as it can cause unintended damage to electrical components.
Customers should not perform this procedure. Please do not do this as it is a tool for trained Lucid Service Technicians to be used under certain conditions. Used in the wrong situation, it can actually be detrimental to the vehicle. I'd ask for your help to not propagate this further and that customers on the forum do not use this procedure.

Customers should not perform this procedure. Please do not do this as it is a tool for trained Lucid Service Technicians to be used under certain conditions. Used in the wrong situation, it can actually be detrimental to the vehicle. I'd ask for your help to not propagate this further and that customers on the forum do not use this procedure.
Len .. I'm guessing you are referring to the 2 button and brake pedal procedure?

If so, I wish I had seen this before I tried it yesterday (when I tried it to fix the bluetooth audio .. again ... and while it was raining outside)

So far, it doesn't look like it caused any issues, but will have to keep monitoring 🤞

Then please add one that IS safe for us to use. The current ones have too many steps and you need to be out of the car. Too much for fixing a silly display bug or something.

Last edited:
I wanted to add to this, after my recent service technician came and I asked him about the various reset methods.
He said the fastest soft-reset there is, is the valet one.
You get out of the car, put your valet card by the driver side pillar, and that action disabled the car's ability to look for a fob in the vicinity. Then he said you can stand there for about 10 seconds and it'll be reset. No need to walk away, etc..

But I do believe everyone has to be out of the car.

I also asked him about the fob one, he said just put blinker on (as a visual sign for you), lock it, walk away, and when blinker stopped, it's reset.

Both the methods are soft resets, he said the only hard reset that's available right now is to disconnect the battery terminals from the car which is quite complicated.
Does putting the fob in a Farady bag eliminate the need to walk away?

Yes it should, it's just looking for fob to be out of range or not near the car

But fastest and best reset method is definitely the valet card one

Could just lock the car with you in it, and out the key in a faraday bag and just take a 15 min nap 😁

Could just lock the car with you in it, and out the key in a faraday bag and just take a 15 min nap 😁
the representative told me that the car can sense someone is in the car and will not reset.

I tested this, did not work, had to get wife to leave the car during my road trip

the representative told me that the car can sense someone is in the car and will not reset.

I tested this, did not work, had to get wife to leave the car during my road trip
Bah that's wrong because the reset works if you open and close the door. Try it 😁

Back