Soft & Hard Reset Procedures repository

out of curosity, why isnt there a reset button on the console or app? most lucid owners are not savvy and wont be on this forum probably.

Customers should not perform this procedure. Please do not do this as it is a tool for trained Lucid Service Technicians to be used under certain conditions. Used in the wrong situation, it can actually be detrimental to the vehicle. I'd ask for your help to not propagate this further and that customers on the forum do not use this procedure.

Then please add one that IS safe for us to use. The current ones have too many steps and you need to be out of the car. Too much for fixing a silly display bug or something.

Yes I second the request. It's hard to understand why a simpler procedure to reset the car isn't an option.

If you have a mobile key set up on your phone, you will also have to turn bluetooth off on your phone.
Can also just turn bluetooth off for the Lucid app (at least on iOS; I'm unfamiliar with Android).

Len .. I'm guessing you are referring to the 2 button and brake pedal procedure?

If so, I wish I had seen this before I tried it yesterday (when I tried it to fix the bluetooth audio .. again ... and while it was raining outside)

So far, it doesn't look like it caused any issues, but will have to keep monitoring 🤞
I know that some folks have had this issue before, but I've never experienced it until today. I'm not sure if me trying the "2-button press while depressing the brake pedal" reset messed something up.
I was driving around for a few hours (making a couple of stops). After coming out from dinner, I put the car in reverse and the cameras were not available (Image 1). I pressed the autopark view w/o any change (Image 2). A few minutes later I stopped again and when we left that location (note: I did not get out of the car and/or reset it in any way), the Panel camera came on, but not the cockpit cam (Image 3).
At the next stop, while my wife ran into the store, I tried the "Bobby Reset" (i.e. changing profiles), but that didn't work. I then did a hard reset (by making believe I left the car and the car went to sleep and reset). When my wife came back, I put the car in reverse and the cameras worked fine (a little slow to start, but fine).

I've read posts with similar issues, but thought this had been fixed w/ later versions of 2.X, so I'm not sure if I was lucky enough not to have gotten this error before or if my 2-button reset created a problem where one did not exist.

Attachments

• 1.jpeg
    1.jpeg
    149.1 KB · Views: 120
  • 2.jpeg
    2.jpeg
    196.1 KB · Views: 126
  • 3.jpeg
    3.jpeg
    206.4 KB · Views: 123
I know that some folks have had this issue before, but I've never experienced it until today. I'm not sure if me trying the "2-button press while depressing the brake pedal" reset messed something up.
I was driving around for a few hours (making a couple of stops). After coming out from dinner, I put the car in reverse and the cameras were not available (Image 1). I pressed the autopark view w/o any change (Image 2). A few minutes later I stopped again and when we left that location (note: I did not get out of the car and/or reset it in any way), the Panel camera came on, but not the cockpit cam (Image 3).
At the next stop, while my wife ran into the store, I tried the "Bobby Reset" (i.e. changing profiles), but that didn't work. I then did a hard reset (by making believe I left the car and the car went to sleep and reset). When my wife came back, I put the car in reverse and the cameras worked fine (a little slow to start, but fine).

I've read posts with similar issues, but thought this had been fixed w/ later versions of 2.X, so I'm not sure if I was lucky enough not to have gotten this error before or if my 2-button reset created a problem where one did not exist.
I has this EXACT issue today. Was working fine prior to 2.0.35 and my *cough* test of the 2 button reset method. Like you, a little siesta made the car back to normal.

I has this EXACT issue today. Was working fine prior to 2.0.35 and my *cough* test of the 2 button reset method. Like you, a little siesta made the car back to normal.
I had an issue since 2.0.35 where the overhead cam worked fine, but the rear/front cameras didn't come up. A reset fixed it. Seems like an intermittent bug since 2.0.35.

I had an issue since 2.0.35 where the overhead cam worked fine, but the rear/front cameras didn't come up. A reset fixed it. Seems like an intermittent bug since 2.0.35.
Funny thing, since 2.0.30, my camera issues have been fixed without any hiccups.

But after 2.0.25, it was really jacked, and I had to go multiple days without surround working, even after countless profile changes and resets.
So I like the cameras now lol

I saw this once and just put the car back into park, waited a few seconds and put into reverse and both rear and 360 views came right up. Yes some sort of intermittent bug that does not require a full reboot to fix.

Same here happened after 2.0.35, did the two button reset hoping it would fix my soft close door issue (front passenger side hasn't been working for about a month). Instead gave me a dead camera when backing up. Did the 2 button reset again and fixed the issue, hopefully...

Same here happened after 2.0.35, did the two button reset hoping it would fix my soft close door issue (front passenger side hasn't been working for about a month). Instead gave me a dead camera when backing up. Did the 2 button reset again and fixed the issue, hopefully...
A Lucid rep said to not do that 2 button reset, it's meant for technicians only. So just throwing this here in case someone ends up here first without seeing the other post

Yea don't do it anymore 😀

I've used the X and microphone button method for a frozen screen and it worked great.
Please refrain from doing this on your vehicle. We’ve been told by Lucid management that repeated use of this reset can damage the hardware in your vehicle.

Can also just turn bluetooth off for the Lucid app (at least on iOS; I'm unfamiliar with Android).
Same on Android

I saw this once and just put the car back into park, waited a few seconds and put into reverse and both rear and 360 views came right up. Yes some sort of intermittent bug that does not require a full reboot to fix.
Same here.

I use only the mobile key and carry the valet card as a backup and my kefob is always in rfid blocking pouch. So fat I just use the tutrn signal and walk away. I will test just sitting in the car turn signal on and Bluetooth off on the phone to disable the mobile key.

I use only the mobile key and carry the valet card as a backup and my kefob is always in rfid blocking pouch. So fat I just use the tutrn signal and walk away. I will test just sitting in the car turn signal on and Bluetooth off on the phone to disable the mobile key.
Same. Seems best but sometimes the key simply refuses to work. I took a video this morning of the car taking over 1 minute before I had to resort to unlocking with the app.

Why didn’t Lucid implement the same reset procedure as Tesla? holding both left and right steering wheel buttons would have been easier, especially if it’s raining or your not in a safe place (I.e side of a busy freeway) where you need to exit the vehicle to reset?!
They have that method but that is the hardest of hard reset. An agent showed me how to do it but Silly me, I did not take notes. With that you can see the reboot like a computer with code flashing by.

They have that method but that is the hardest of hard reset. An agent showed me how to do it but Silly me, I did not take notes. With that you can see the reboot like a computer with code flashing by.
That's probably a two button hold method that gets talked about. But Lucid recommended not to do it and it can cause damage to the vehicle. Only technicians should be doing that one

Back