Soft & Hard Reset Procedures repository

That's probably a two button hold method that gets talked about. But Lucid recommended not to do it and it can cause damage to the vehicle. Only technicians should be doing that one

The safest way to fully reboot the car is to press and hold the air logo in the preferences app on the Pilot Panel for 20 seconds.

It will do a clean restart of the infotainment system, unlike the "two button" method, which is routinely discussed on the forums and should not be used.

The safest way to fully reboot the car is to press and hold the air logo in the preferences app on the Pilot Panel for 20 seconds.

It will do a clean restart of the infotainment system, unlike the "two button" method, which is routinely discussed on the forums and should not be used.
This is the first time I’ve heard of this method. Is this Lucid CS approved?

This is the first time I’ve heard of this method. Is this Lucid CS approved?

Yes, it is approved.

Can't seem to find the preferences app and logo. Help please. Thank you.

Can't seem to find the preferences app and logo. Help please. Thank you.
Pilot panel, settings tab, about tab, Air logo to the left of the software version .

This is not mentioned as much as it should be on the forums, missed this post and didn't find out until @windscar911 just mentioned it in the discord. Wow!

This is not mentioned as much as it should be on the forums, missed this post and didn't find out until @windscar911 just mentioned it in the discord. Wow!
All resets are covered in the lucidupdates.com FAQ section.

If your CarPlay connection is inconsistent, these are instructions to soft-reset the infotainment system:
First turn off your phone completely.
Then switch the the guest profile, wait for it to load, and then switch back to your profile.
Once this is completed, turn your phone back on and CarPlay should connect.
+++
Worked fine for me

If your CarPlay connection is inconsistent, these are instructions to soft-reset the infotainment system:
First turn off your phone completely.
Then switch the the guest profile, wait for it to load, and then switch back to your profile.
Once this is completed, turn your phone back on and CarPlay should connect.
+++
Worked fine for me
That’s a Bobby reset.

Reactions: MRU
How do you do a full hard factory reset? drivers sie door not responding sometimes and window buttons dead. Lucid tech had me do the 2 button steering wheel reset but no luck to resolve.

How do you do a full hard factory reset? drivers sie door not responding sometimes and window buttons dead. Lucid tech had me do the 2 button steering wheel reset but no luck to resolve.
Much info about this can be found at www.lucidupdates.com.

I doubt a full factory reset would help either, then. It's likely hardware.

And you don't ever want to do a factory reset. Unless service tells you to. Trust me. It's not recommended.

That sounds like a problem with the cabling to the door, not a software problem. It's a job for service.

Back