Sneak Preview: Lucid TV Commercial during The Oscars® 2023

Wonder why the head-turning number of 520 miles range was missing? 516 if you want to be exact with the available model’s range.

The car looks great in the adds although the Narrator is very short on specifics.They should have used a Zenith red with shadow trim but hey I’m not in marketing.

I think this is a good start for the brand recognition they need. Hopefully most viewers don’t see that misaligned charge port door Alex spotted (I never saw it).

If you can, listen with your headphones or ear buds. Great clean, crisp, wind sound. I think the "Experience the best ..." at the end really drives home the differentiation. Nice job on this one.

I don’t know who screens these videos or cars, but it’s obvious that the charge port is poorly aligned and was one of the first things that jumped out for me:
View attachment 10448
I just took delivery of my Touring yesterday and had the same issue of misalignment of charge port door, BUT service dept immediately adjusted it (took only a few minutes) - an easy fix. Otherwise the car is perfection.

Great commercial. Just the right amount of tease to encourage engagement. Great action shots and great vocal cadence. I like the white car with winter theme. Hmmm what color for spring?

I still don’t understand how an obvious cosmetic issue like that passes through QC. I didn’t see the misaligned charge port door in the rapidly moving Lucid commercial, but it has to be easy to spot on a stationary car in QC. Shouldn’t Lucid be past assembly issues like this at this point?

I still don’t understand how an obvious cosmetic issue like that passes through QC. I didn’t see the misaligned charge port door in the rapidly moving Lucid commercial, but it has to be easy to spot on a stationary car in QC. Shouldn’t Lucid be past assembly issues like this at this point?
The winter drive was done over a year ago if it's the same one they had press shots for the top box.

It's a great commercial. If you even noticed the two or three frames with the misaligned charge port, you have serious issues. My guess is it was knocked out of alignment at some point during filming, because it's fine in the rest of the commercial.

It's a great commercial. If you even noticed the two or three frames with the misaligned charge port, you have serious issues. My guess is it was knocked out of alignment at some point during filming, because it's fine in the rest of the commercial.
I noticed the charge port the first time I watched it as well. It stands out quite a bit. It's strange that they wouldn't correct it for a commercial...

I have the same misaligned charge port on my white GT. Thought I'd have service adjust it when I brought the car in for other more important issues, but there haven't been any. Maybe at the 1-year service.

The winter drive was done over a year ago if it's the same one they had press shots for the top box.
Actually I was referencing HES‘ issue which was the same misalignment and he just took delivery of an AT. I’m not sure how easy these doors can be knocked out of alignment, so I guess it’s possible it happened after QC.

Back