SIXT Brings Award-Winning Lucid Air to Fleet in Germany

NoseyReporter

Reaction score

This is an interesting strategy. I wonder if this accounts for the sudden 3x increase registration in Germany last month.

Even more interesting:
"The Lucid Air sedan, including the Pure, Touring, and Grand Touring variants, is now available for rental in Germany with prices starting at €999 per month on a minimum 360-day contract."

So you can't rent it for a weekend or anything like that. Essentially you are locked into a one year rental. Is this common in Germany?

I always thought Sixt was a lower tier rental company. I use them often when aboard, usually because they have the cheapest wheels for rent.

I don't know anything about using Sixt in other countries. But I have always viewed them in the US as having higher end vehicles in larger metro and/or tourist destinations. I've rented BMW'S and Mercedes from them in Florida several times on vacation and work trips. It's interesting that we have such a different view of the same company lol

I don't know anything about using Sixt in other countries. But I have always viewed them in the US as having higher end vehicles in larger metro and/or tourist destinations. I've rented BMW'S and Mercedes from them in Florida several times on vacation and work trips. It's interesting that we have such a different view of the same company lol

Must be my cheapness 🤣

Is this aimed at companies who wish to give benefits to their employees? I'm not familiar with German tax law, but my understanding is that company cars are common because they generate less liability for the employee, compared to paying them the money to buy a car.

Even more interesting:
"The Lucid Air sedan, including the Pure, Touring, and Grand Touring variants, is now available for rental in Germany with prices starting at €999 per month on a minimum 360-day contract."

So you can't rent it for a weekend or anything like that. Essentially you are locked into a one year rental. Is this common in Germany?
It is actually another type of the offer, that stays between usual car rental and leasing: long term rental AKA "car on subscription". It seems to be growing in Europe: new companies focused on this only appear, classic rental companies start offering it, car dealers start offering it too.
My guess is they try to target people, who are not sure they need a car at all.

Is this aimed at companies who wish to give benefits to their employees? I'm not familiar with German tax law, but my understanding is that company cars are common because they generate less liability for the employee, compared to paying them the money to buy a car.
This also exists, but that is different thing.
Yes companies may buy/lease a car and provide it to the employee. Yes it is about taxation, but slightly different. If you'd pay the employee to buy a car the employee would have to pay taxes from this payment. However if you'd provide the employee a company car to be used for personal needs that will be classified as taxable benefits and the employee will need to pay taxes too.
The difference usually is that the company play with import taxes with the car dealer and therefore pay less for the car.

Back