SiriusXM seemed to break internet connectivity... sorta

I had/have the same problem with the drop outs with SXM. I disabled wifi in the car and that made things MUCH better but not quite perfect. Still had dropouts but reduced a LOT! But I still wanted wifi on so what to do....? After much futzing around I disabled the hotspot on my phone and bingo! That did the trick at least so far.

It's pretty sad that a car of this caliber cant play music from SXM thru such a wonderful stereo system I pd extra for.
If you want high quality audio, use Tidal (for MAX and Atmos recordings) or USB. The Lucid sound system is professional grade (ask @Bunnylebowski and others), so it's going to make crappy quality audio sound crappy. Should the native Sirius app be stable? Of course, but I only checked it out once in the 1-1/2 years of the beta and free trial and went right back to Tidal. There's no comparison.

No SXM Satellite antenna exists for this car.
Poor planning on their part.
I'm pretty sure Tesla went thru the same crap, because when I ordered that car in 2015, they Highly recommended the sunroof glass because it had a satellite antenna in it.
It's pretty sad that a car of this caliber cant play music from SXM thru such a wonderful stereo system I pd extra for.
There's no satellite receiver in the car, so a satellite antenna wouldn't do you much good .... If you really want the satellite feed (which, as was noted above, is of a poorer audio quality than the app), just install an aftermarket system that includes the receiver and antenna. Or, if you have CarPlay, play it through CarPlay. I, too, have interconnection issues through the car's native SiriusXM app from time to time, but they usually resolve within a few minutes.

Kind of agree. Issue is that SXM when delivered natively via satellite has one of the worse qualities for audio. Even worse than Spotify. When using it via data connections/iOS App the quality is much better, even more so you can set it to "maximum" in the iPhone App.

The app in the Lucid is buggy, but I'm thankful that we don't have to listen to all the artifacts and compressed music that the native SXM stream has.
The way my wife and I use SXM is not for music (except for Christmas music), but for live sports and talk radio, which is awesome when you travel as much as we do and having a constant signal. So, not concerned the way the audio quality sounds, as for our use case it still good and much better than AM radio. I too wish that Lucid had the real SXM antenna.

anyone here can be like @Alex and add your own SXM antenna =)

If you want high quality audio, use Tidal (for MAX and Atmos recordings) or USB. The Lucid sound system is professional grade (ask @Bunnylebowski and others), so it's going to make crappy quality audio sound crappy. Should the native Sirius app be stable? Of course, but I only checked it out once in the 1-1/2 years of the beta and free trial and went right back to Tidal. There's no comparison.
Yes.. It is all about quality of the source material... The upgraded sound system shines with Tidal (or other high quality recordings). Even bass sounds betterl. Tidal outperforms "lossless" Apple Music feeds too. That said, even older music has better separation and depth with Tidal because it delivers fuller non-compressed sound..

I have been experiencing the same with SiriusXM over the past few weeks. It was fine before that. Whenever I try to listen to SiriusXM, I just get the "no internet connection" and it has been that way for weeks. Personally, I wish I could just delete the app from the car so it wouldn't frustrate me. I will listen to Spotify, Tidal and CarPlay (incl. SiriusXM). My stance is, if it doesn't work, don't offer it, period. Remove the app, or let me remove it, from the car. At least now that I know so many have the same issues and SiriusXM still really isn't a Lucid option, I can take the damn car off my account and save a few bucks.

Back